The one improvement that I would make to Football is:-

Rampage

3rd official using the cameras, stops the dives, the off sides, the was it' was't it a pen......

Also like to see refs calling for foul and penalty for all defenders that are constantly rapping their arms around strikers in the box at set pieces, this seems to have got worse every season.

It would not be allowed outside the box, so why in it?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see 11 substitutes, with no limitations to how many can come on.

It allows for a more competitive game, perhaps more youngsters blooded in earlier and most squads can cater for such a thing.

If you have an injury at left back, and you only have a right back on the bench, you have your hands tied for the rest of the game purely because of an unfortunate injury. The skeptic in me thinks that some managers will even tell their players to pinpoint such holes before a game as well.

It's a far-out suggestions but it could work. 

It will also help teams to waste more time.

10 minute sin bin for a yellow card, really unfair that you don't get an immediate benefit to teams fouling left right and centre, instead some team in the future benefits.

Agree with offside line only being half way in each half, also means linesman should never be behind the game as less to run. 

Safe standing and twenty is plenty for visiting fans

3rd official using the cameras, stops the dives, the off sides, the was it' was't it a pen......

Also like to see refs calling for foul and penalty for all defenders that are constantly rapping their arms around strikers in the box at set pieces, this seems to have got worse every season.

It would not be allowed outside the box, so why in it?

totally agree with the in box wrestling between defenders and attackers. If a defender does it them award a penalty. Problem is I see 6 and 7 year olds doing it and it gets on my tits. Kids should be taught how to play football correctly. I've had one of my boys in tears because someone kept grabbing his shirt and pulling him back and the ref did nothing to the point the kid was in tears

It will also help teams to waste more time.

I'll admit I didn't quite think the logistics of it in the time sense. I guess you could give each side a time period in which they make their subs? 

Let's say 4 minutes per team. If you want to make 11 subs that's just over 20 seconds per sub. If you have them run on and off, it's doable. None of this walking, clapping, bollux.

It allows for a more competitive game, perhaps more youngsters blooded in earlier and most squads can cater for such a thing.

If you have an injury at left back, and you only have a right back on the bench, you have your hands tied for the rest of the game purely because of an unfortunate injury. The skeptic in me thinks that some managers will even tell their players to pinpoint such holes before a game as well.

It's a far-out suggestions but it could work

More advantage to rich teams with big squads so a no from me

10 minute sin bin for a yellow card, really unfair that you don't get an immediate benefit to teams fouling left right and centre, instead some team in the future benefits.

Agree with offside line only being half way in each half, also means linesman should never be behind the game as less to run. 

Safe standing and twenty is plenty for visiting fans

Ain't a bad idea but could maybe introduce a third card for this. The equivalent of a yellow. You can get a yellow card for an accident, or misfortune. Yellow cards where you "take one for the team" should warrant the sin bin card. What I mean is if a team is breaking and someone just takes the guy out with no attempt to get the ball, takes the yellow card and his team regroups with the opposition having a free-kick 40 yards from goal.

Would certainly stop incidents like that, although with the decision whether to sin bin or just yellow card the player, the referee will be open to even more abuse.

Bring back the obstruction rule. How many times do we see players just block another player so the ball can run out of play?

If you are not playing the ball you should have an indirect free kick awarded against you.

It's never gone away. It's just applied to the letter. Ie If you are shielding the ball, it has to remain within playing distance and you cannot hold off the opponent with your arms or body. 

Limit number of players 1 team can loan out, stop the big clubs sucking all the young talent up and then loaning them out for a number of years until they are  consistently good. Might make youngsters think twice about early moves to clubs they won't play at for yrs. Therefore stay loyal to local teams rather than all end up at Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal etc.

Min 2 subs have to be under 21 

Couple of ideas taken from Rugby. 1. Any arguing of the Referees decision, free kick moves 10m closer to the goal. 2.Allow the Captain to be just that not just someone who leads the teams out and poses for photos, any discussion is done through the captain and the ref. Would sort out the surrounding of a ref by a mob of players, a la Manchester Utd.

It's a far-out suggestions but it could work. 

I cannot see why we cannot have up to eleven on the bench but stick with only three subs. The length of the bench would need to be increased obviously. The whole squad could then think that they have at least a chance of coming on. In Derby's case after an injury, just bring on the second choice for that position. It would save more players  moaning that they are not in the 18 and make it easier for managers to stop them moaning.

I don't think banning diving would work. Far many more footballing nations dive than not, England are in the minority when it comes to this. Not only that, players have admitted to diving, and no ban has been issued.

FIFA/UEFA clearly don't feel there is anything wrong with it, otherwise they would have done something about it by now.

While Sage's offside rule makes sense, It could prompt teams to no longer play a high line. Who would want that? I love watching teams play a high line and get caught out!

The one obvious change I would make to football is abandoning the away goal. It's supposed to reward teams looking to attack away from home, yet instead it causes the opposite - especially if the away teams scores a fluky goal or grabs one from a set piece.

Chelsea would never have won the 2012 Champions League without heavily relying on this outdated rule. Both Napoli and Barcelona were robbed of a potential final place due to their cynical, defensive time-wasting tactics.

Archived