Light in Midfield

davenportram

With the talk about Shackelland how we are relatively heavy at CH have a lookat our Midfiled. We have only gor Four experienced midfielders at the club.

The Italics below are those players that have only a few first team performances at best

Jamie Hanson …………….2016? (joined from academy in 2013 -all we know is under contract past 2015)

Callum Guy…………….…2016 (joined from academy Jan 2015)

Alban Bunjaku……………..2016 (joined 2014)

Alefe Santos ………......….2016 + 1 year option (joined 2014)

Ivan Calero   ……………....2016 +1 year option (joined 2014)

Tom Koblenz ………....…..2016 (joined 2014)

George Thorne…………..2018 (joined 2014)

Jeff Hendrick……………..2018 (from academy extension signed 2014)

Will Hughes…………..…..2018 (from academy extension 2014)

Craig Bryson. …………...2019 (joined 2011 extension 2014)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simon Dawkins possibly!

Dawkins is included in the forwards strikers part of the squad because we seemed to favouring the 4-3-3 formation wiht 3 midfielders and 3 players more forward.

I.E Ince,Russell, Dawkins for the more advanced wide positions, those listed above for the other 3 midfield positions.

Dawkins is included in the forwards strikers part of the squad because we seemed to favouring the 4-3-3 formation wiht 3 midfielders and 3 players more forward.

I.E Ince,Russell, Dawkins for the more advanced wide positions, those listed above for the other 3 midfield positions.

Dawkins can easily be a left centre midfielder as well if needed. He has all of the attributes to play in this position.

Players who can play DM: Thorne, Baird, Hanson 

Players who can play CM: Hendrick, Hughes, Brsyon

Players who could play AMC: Ince, Dawkins

I think we're okay... I honestly think we'll play two DMish players so think Hendrick could struggle for game time...

The main 4 on their game is plenty, the problem will only arise if they, like towards the end of last season, don't play to their potential.

Now Bryson is happy again, hopefully he will see a return to form, and we will have 4 fighting for 3 or even 2 places.

With the talk about Shackelland how we are relatively heavy at CH have a lookat our Midfiled. We have only gor Four experienced midfielders at the club.

The Italics below are those players that have only a few first team performances at best

Jamie Hanson …………….2016? (joined from academy in 2013 -all we know is under contract past 2015)

Callum Guy…………….…2016 (joined from academy Jan 2015)

Alban Bunjaku……………..2016 (joined 2014)

Alefe Santos ………......….2016 + 1 year option (joined 2014)

Ivan Calero   ……………....2016 +1 year option (joined 2014)

Tom Koblenz ………....…..2016 (joined 2014)

George Thorne…………..2018 (joined 2014)

Jeff Hendrick……………..2018 (from academy extension signed 2014)

Will Hughes…………..…..2018 (from academy extension 2014)

Craig Bryson. …………...2019 (joined 2011 extension 2014)

I want to go to Shackel Land, sounds amazing!

Not sure what else you're going to get than what we have and what people have mentioned. You can't sign quality players when they know they will be likely 4th choice centre midfielder.

You can buy quality midfielders though when they know they will be first choice centre midfielder.  I remain convinced that this is where we could really improve.  Bryso and Hendrick for all their endeavour are not what I call quality, and I would never want to get lost in a maze with them two.  Hughes is a very good player for his age and MAY kick on this year. I do hope so, but the lad carries a heavy burden of expectation. Thorne strikes me as a top quality player, but the number of games he has played in his career suggests that relying on him this year is a very great leap of faith. Touch wood the surgeons have now got those knees fixed, but even so we need to nurse him very carefully over the next 12 months IMO. 

I am not sure how much Mel has got left to spend, but if it isn't there to buy a QUALITY midfielder I do think we will struggle to make top 2 this season.

Players who can play DM: Thorne, Baird, Hanson 

Players who can play CM: Hendrick, Hughes, Brsyon

Players who could play AMC: Ince, Dawkins

I think we're okay... I honestly think we'll play two DMish players so think Hendrick could struggle for game time...

Yep I think that'll be one of three formations used this season. As well as the 4-3-3 we are used to and then the diamond!

We've got a versatile squad so it means that they should all get enough games!

Archived