Light in Midfield

davenportram

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gI'm more worried about the full back positions - a constant source of problems last season yet we don't seem to have pulled up any trees to sort it?

Well we have;

RB - Christie, Shottton, Ssewankambo, Baird and Keogh and even Hendrick in emergency in no order

LB - Forsyth, Warnock and maybe Max Lowe.

All in all I reckon RB can last but a few injuries at LB and we might have to throw young Lowe in (Rhyme intended)

Well we have;

RB - Christie, Shottton, Ssewankambo, Baird and Keogh and even Hendrick in emergency in no order

All in all I reckon RB can last but a few injuries at LB and we might have to throw young Lowe in (Rhyme intended)

Baird can also play LB, as I believe can Pearce (on emergency occasions for Reading in the past)

Baird plays everywhere :lol: Didn't know that about Pearce, heard he was a RCB but is comfortable at LCB so didn't assume he could be a LB

Think Pearce is the type who just plays wherever he's asked to. I wouldn't want him at a full back position for a stretch, but one game or less (a portion of a game) he could do a job. He became Reading's utility man when they had injury emergencies.

Think Pearce is the type who just plays wherever he's asked to. I wouldn't want him at a full back position for a stretch, but one game or less (a portion of a game) he could do a job. He became Reading's utility man when they had injury emergencies.

He must be the same as Hendrick at RB then, he said he is happy to do it when given the nod

Well we have;

See this is what worries me - we had Christie and Forsyth as first choice and both dipped in form to varying degrees and we ended up making do with emergency back up options. Let's also not forget that Forsyth was never really a genuine LB before he joined us, and Christie is pretty young and never played at this level before.

Given that money is available I expected us to replace one or both with a quality, experienced first choicer. £4.75m on Ince is all well and good, but he can score as many goals as he likes and it counts for nowt if our defence is still in disarray

See this is what worries me - we had Christie and Forsyth as first choice and both dipped in form to varying degrees and we ended up making do with emergency back up options. Let's also not forget that Forsyth was never really a genuine LB before he joined us, and Christie is pretty young and never played at this level before.

Given that money is available I expected us to replace one or both with a quality, experienced first choicer. £4.75m on Ince is all well and good, but he can score as many goals as he likes and it counts for nowt if our defence is still in disarray

Im not worried about Forsyth at all, for me he has shown he is one of the best LB in this league, I think the dip in form was collective as a squad and hell be at his best again come Bolton

Christie does need more experience and if he works with Clement and gets his fundamentals sorted he would be a great player for us imo, atm he just lacks the knowledge and know how to be a competitive RB at this level

Im not worried about Forsyth at all, for me he has shown he is one of the best LB in this league, I think the dip in form was collective as a squad and hell be at his best again come Bolton

Christie does need more experience and if he works with Clement and gets his fundamentals sorted he would be a great player for us imo, atm he just lacks the knowledge and know how to be a competitive RB at this level

Agree!

Christie started last season brilliantly. He was full of confidence and playing some excellent football, really hope the lad rediscovers his form, given the chance im sure he will, you don't turn into a bad player over night.

Archived