Paul Clement - 1st month impressions?

Rev

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a myriad of reasons, Derby were in free fall at the end of last season. Over the years I have watched similar scenarios with other teams. Some of those teams recovered quickly under a new manager but others needed a clear out. Bryson for me epitomises the problem. He had a great season two years ago, quite rightly wanted a crack at the Premiership with Burnley last year He got more money instead. Do not fix it if it is not broken is an old  adage. Bryson said his game changed last year because he was told to play too deep to do what he did the previous year. The solution is to put him in his best position or move him on. Maclaren had a system that got the best out of Hughes, Hendicks, Martin and Bryson. If we change the system, can they be as good?. Probably not, in my opinion. Teams that get promoted are settled and used to playing in a certain way.Whatever happened to the idea that when you lose the ball, get between the ball and your own goal, win it back and attack again. So often last season, we were outnumbered by players on the attack as we watched from the other end of the pitch. I would have simply told the centre halves to stay back as they did nothing drastic in the opponent''s goalmouth.

Was Baird at Fulham when Clement was there if so maybe he knows him well or has contacts .

Actually just found out  Clement was at Chelsea when Baird was at Fulham but it's still in London football circles  

Baird is obviously a Clement choice which is good as he must see something that we need in him  .

Im looking forward to seeing him play  

Wow in 4 days he has gone from being a good signing, to being a bad signing (because someone had pulled the wool over your eyes), to being a player that you are looking forward to seeing play!

Next time you are googling or looking a player up on Wikipedia,I suggest you also look up bi-polar.

Wow in 4 days he has gone from being a good signing, to being a bad signing (because someone had pulled the wool over your eyes), to being a player that you are looking forward to seeing play!

Next time you are googling or looking a player up on Wikipedia,I suggest you also look up bi-polar.

Chris Baird is a journeyman no more lets see how he does it's nice to know you follow my every word on here. 

When i say I'm  looking forward to seeing him play its not necessarily in a good way. 

Im not sure if he will be a success or not as I didn't see many teams queuing up for his services. 

I also didn't see many teams queuing up for Carson, Pearce and Bent. 

Ince and Weimann are different cases. 

After Jewel,we pursued a 5 year plan,with the present board,to achieve premiership status.

After employing Sam Rush as the new C.E,O.,the club took a new direction,and sacked Nigel Clough.

We brought in a director of football,and changed the scouting system,the squad would now be controlled by a Head Coach.

A international coach Steve Maclaren was brought in with two old rams favorites to assist him.

The club now could move to the next phase,and the club now be totally controlled by the C.E.O.,Chairman representing the board ,Director of football,and Head Coach.

While the playoffs came and went,the following season ,money became more available an a good season turned sour with a 8th place finish.The head coach was now sacked.and while he is in the premiership we aint., 

Now we have changes in the academy and money invested in it which bodes well for the future.

A new Head Coach his first appointment in this role,also a new Chairman in Mel Morris.

Now we are told its a new chapter,the money being spent now is unbelievable and exciting for ram fans.

The 5 year plan nearly worked and patience is a trade mark of a Derby County supporter.

And judgement day should be at the end of the season.the Head Coach can only play with the players he has got

Good luck to him and his staff

When I say wool over my eyes I mean the club are on a curve of optimism all of a sudden but on what grounds after a spectacular collapse last season. 

They have added to the squad and  changed the manager .

They have also lost Ward , Mascarell and Eustace and Whitbread  

Lets see how we go as I'm still not sure of the quality of the players we have signed apart from Ince and maybe Wiemann who I have never seen play. 

Carson, Baird , Pearce are journeymen and Bent I know about but is getting on a bit and would need to stay fit  .

Are Alby ,Keogh and Buxton good enough  anymore  .

Christie ,Warnock ,Forsyth , Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes and Dawkins how do they all fit in along with Russell and Hanson.   We will soon see   I guess  

Thorne coming back is good news but will he get back to his best .

Chris Martins return will be a bonus  

Paul Clement I rate but he's only as good as the tools he's given ie The quality of players he's allowed to sign. 

Can Paul Clement make Connor Sammon a better player .

Can he turn Mason Bennett into a better player. 

The point is a manager can only do so much with the players at his disposal and we will now see just how good these players are at the Rams. 

Good luck Paul  Clement and the players and club for the new season I await with bated breath to see how it goes  

I hope all the optimism around is justified and we get to the promised land the Premier League 

Looking at stark facts, Derby were in big trouble for the final 30% of last season. It needs a big turn around for us to be a force within ten games. We need to stop leaking goals and then build on that. Using different tactics and style of play may make if more difficult.Realistically,  I would settle for four points off top place after ten games.Any improvement on that is a bonus.

Chris Baird is a journeyman no more lets see how he does it's nice to know you follow my every word on here. 

When i say I'm  looking forward to seeing him play its not necessarily in a good way. 

Im not sure if he will be a success or not as I didn't see many teams queuing up for his services. 

I also didn't see many teams queuing up for Carson, Pearce and Bent. 

Ince and Weimann are different cases. 

Why, who did you see queuing up for Ince and Weimann?

Looking at stark facts, Derby were in big trouble for the final 30% of last season. It needs a big turn around for us to be a force within ten games. We need to stop leaking goals and then build on that. Using different tactics and style of play may make if more difficult.Realistically,  I would settle for four points off top place after ten games.Any improvement on that is a bonus.

That was the Newcastle link, nothing more. 

Archived