How good has been our transfer activity since last season

Curtains

Ince and Bent already with us last season  and Ward gone .

Pearce   for Whitbread

Baird for Eustace /Mascarell

Carson 

Weimann

Is this enough for promotion I'm not sure it is but let's hope we are still actively looking for replacements  

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pearce   for Whitbread

Carson 

Weimann

Is this enough for promotion I'm not sure it is but let's hope we are still actively looking for replacements  

I think I'd we had had Ince and Bent for the whole of last season we probably would have finished higher. 

Also if we had had suitable cover for Buxton's injury we probably wouldn't have had such a severe defensive lapse. 

So just maybe that might be enough. 

I think you are getting jitters over the Grimsby friendly Curtains. Lets see how we feel at the end of pre-season.

I certainly am plus the way we finished last season is high in my mind still. 

Just can't forget how bad we were when we plummeted from 5 clear at top to 8th and missing playoffs. 

Your right I'm nervous about the new season ahead even though we have a new good coach in PC 

I'm not to nervous. The team got us 5 points clear and we added quality in this window.

I hate going back to it but if Mclaren actually said the right things we'd of got promoted. At that point we had loads of clean sheets etc.

I'm confident that we will win the league by a few points. We have a manager with plan b and plan c now as well which is good news! Seems he knows how to get around teams who defend with 10 players behind the ball (Ref. the interview when he 1st joined(Or near to that point)).

I hate going back to it but if Mclaren actually said the right things we'd of got promoted. At that point we had loads of clean sheets etc.

What did McClaren say to injure Grant, Buxton, Eustace, Mascarell, Thorne and Martin? 

I certainly am plus the way we finished last season is high in my mind still. 

Just can't forget how bad we were when we plummeted from 5 clear at top to 8th and missing playoffs. 

Your right I'm nervous about the new season ahead even though we have a new good coach in PC 

Me too!

Those in so far - so good, still need those CB positions sorting out though....

Not too sure of Baird being a holding player, my mate [seasoned WBA  fan] tells me he is a much better player at either LB or RB, solid although not the quickest. So maybe in for Christie?

"I certainly am getting jitters over the Grimsby friendly"

uM5KEJX.png

For some reason you have had the chip fitted and your over confident all of a sudden .

You shouldn't really take quotes out of context ,

you missed the bit about our slide from top  5 points clear to a dismal 8 th and missing the playoffs. 

PC is a good coach but he will need to work miracles. 

Me too!

Those in so far - so good, still need those CB positions sorting out though....

Not too sure of Baird being a holding player, my mate [seasoned WBA  fan] tells me he is a much better player at either LB or RB, solid although not the quickest. So maybe in for Christie?

Baird seems to be talking a good game in the press let's see how he goes. 

I also think he's a wing back not a DM as thats where I've seen him play mostly. 

Saw him for some reserve side against Derby reserves at Burtons ground not so long back at Right wing back I think . 

For some reason you have had the chip fitted and your over confident all of a sudden .

You shouldn't really take quotes out of context ,

you missed the bit about our slide from top  5 points clear to a dismal 8 th and missing the playoffs. 

PC is a good coach but he will need to work miracles. 

Give over curtains, you don't half talk some rubbish :lol: 

Give over curtains, you don't half talk some rubbish :lol: 

I'm serious just because we've got a new coach doesn't mean to say he can turn around average performing players .

Tell me where the improvement in playing staff is from last season .

Ill give you maybe Wiemann on Ward and Pearce on Whitbread. 

I'm serious just because we've got a new coach doesn't mean to say he can turn around average performing players .

...apart from everything that's happened this off season? 

Next season we'll have:

Bent, Ince and Albentosa for the full season

Weimann, Carson, Baird and Pearce added to the squad

A fully fit Thorne

That's on top of a side that was a genuine threat to finish top right up to the last months. Surely that's a good start if nothing else, with something like ~45 days to go before the transfer window closes. 

Ill give you maybe Wiemann on Ward and Pearce on Whitbread. 

Those 'average performing players' you speak of were top of the league before we got injuries. If we can stay injury free and Clement is even just a competent manager, we should easily make the play offs at the very least. Stop being so negative, it's getting boring now

Those 'average performing players' you speak of were top of the league before we got injuries. If we can stay injury free and Clement is even just a competent manager, we should easily make the play offs at the very least. Stop being so negative, it's getting boring now

I can't help being negative and all teams have injuries .

Thats no excuse. 

If it all goes pear shaped with this new regime don't say I didn't tell you so. 

I'll leave it at that .

Up the Rams. 

...apart from everything that's happened this off season? 

Next season we'll have:

Bent, Ince and Albentosa for the full season

Weimann, Carson, Baird and Pearce added to the squad

A fully fit Thorne

That's on top of a side that was a genuine threat to finish top right up to the last months. Surely that's a good start if nothing else, with something like ~45 days to go before the transfer window closes. 

Ok we will see if your right but I'm not on this bandwagon yet even though I'm happy with PC .

Dont yet see all the positivity that others do but time will tell. 

Shackell for Keogh is vital IMO. 

I can't help being negative and all teams have injuries .

Thats no excuse. 

If it all goes pear shaped with this new regime don't say I didn't tell you so. 

I'll leave it at that .

Up the Rams. 

Well, it is an excuse when we had 4/4 holding midfielders injured and even had to play a bunch of games without a recognised forward due to Bent and Martin both being injured. Add to that us having to change Keogh's centre back partner nearly every game because Buxton, Albentosa, Whitbread and Shotton all picked up injuries at some point. So I think it's fair to use injuries as an excuse as to why our season ended the way it did

You need to calm down a bit curtains, we have one of the best squads in the league and you're claiming Clement will need to perform miracles and yesterday you were complaining at a lack of investment despite us spending roughly £7 million this window so far

Pearce   for Whitbread

Carson 

Weimann

I wouldn't underestimate the importance of remaining relatively injury free - sure the odd missing a game here or there is inevitable but we had a lot of long term absences last season relative to 2013-2014.

We also had more games last season - we could do with some lucky cup draws to give us the opportunity to exit early but gloriously.

if we have all that then I think we have enough - but I can see why you would think a bigger contingency buffer might be necessary so wouldn't deride your sentiment. COYR

I'm not to nervous. The team got us 5 points clear and we added quality in this window.

I'm confident that we will win the league by a few points. We have a manager with plan b and plan c now as well which is good news! Seems he knows how to get around teams who defend with 10 players behind the ball (Ref. the interview when he 1st joined(Or near to that point)).

the manager has a plan B and C....? because you have seen evidence of this exactly where? anyone in the world can talk about somethign like that.

I would be a lot more conifedent if we had made signings that someone with a footballing background had made and not just a group of successful busienssmen.

Archived