How good has been our transfer activity since last season

Curtains

Come on Old Boy....... It isn't just those three is it? It's having Martin back in the side, Thorne back in the side, Weimann as extra fire power up top. Buxton will be available again. We will have extra cover defensively. At the moment we haven't gone into the loan market so the prospect of a couple of young Premier league players is a possibility. To be honest I don't care if we lose all of our pre-season games, it is what happens from Bolton onward that counts.

A sensible post .

Bolton onwards is correct and I hope we take the Championship by storm .

Hope you are all right and we win the Championship by a country mile. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did I say I didn't like Mel Morris?

I can go back and find you a quote where I say "I'm not anti Mel Morris!!!". 

Yeah, im all for a bloke who took us from boring midtable to Wembley and top 3 for more than a season's worth of games and leaves here with a 54% ratio. Silly me. 

Zzz.

Don't think I've seen you said anything like that at all.

A sensible post .

Bolton onwards is correct and I hope we take the Championship by storm .

Coming second on goal difference will do me :-)

What is it about some Derby fans. 

We finished last season really badly and the fans in my stand were going crazy after the Reading game .

Now all of a sudden we are going to improve no end with 4  signings in Carson, Baird ,Wiemann and Pearce. 

Weve lost Ward,Whitbread ,Eustace and Mascarell. 

Ward is rubbish. Whitbread never played. Eustace has been replaced by Baird. Mascarell has been replaced by Thorne.

Anyway, we weren't talking about how well we are going to do. We were talking about why you changed your mind about our whole season based on our first pre season friendly. Do you see how silly that is?

Didn't Mel threaten the forum. 

Huh? Think it was just about 1 post not the forum (unless you correct me on that bit)

I definitely remember Alpha saying he didn't like Mel Morris!

Oh right I don't remember that at all.

Bloody hell curtains, if we're to be worried about the first game in a 46 game season we might as well pack it in, if we lose it so what, ? Honestly mate, you need to lighten it up a bit or it's going to be a long miserable season for you, we'll be reet, just wait and see. :)

to be fair the likes of Baird and Pearce hardly fill me with confidence. Baird has hardly played in the last 2 seasons and Pearce headed a defence that almost rivalled ours for sheer idiocy in the final half of the season. It's a good job we're after a player like Shackell. 

Ward is rubbish. Whitbread never played. Eustace has been replaced by Baird. Mascarell has been replaced by Thorne.

Anyway, we weren't talking about how well we are going to do. We were talking about why you changed your mind about our whole season based on our first pre season friendly. Do you see how silly that is?

It's not based on the Grimsby game. 

Im dipping out now because I have nowhere to go. 

I love the Rams but realistically I can't carry on any longer. 

It's not based on the Grimsby game. 

Im dipping out now because I have nowhere to go. 

I love the Rams but realistically I can't carry on any longer. 

So what else happened in those three days? 'I was tricked in thinking our signings were good' is the biggest load of bull I've ever seen.

Come on mate you were moaning about Mel tell the truth. 

Find me a quote where I said I didn't like Mel Morris. I can find you one where I complained about being labeled as against him. Can find you 3. 

I'm sure if we are hammered by Northampton and everyone starts getting upset that you'll be there with your anti negativity thread like at the end of the season. As oppose to your moaning about Derby being boring at the start. 

It doesn't make a difference to me whether you're enjoying Derby right now or not.  I am. I've not been enjoying Derby as much as the last 2 years since Jim Smith. 

Just the constant going against the grain and mind changing strikes me as winding people up. 

We seem to be doing aright with transfers.

We're not overloaded and what's been brought in has been sensible enough and cost a pretty penny. I think we're into one or two in and one or two out territory.

We're definitely doing great with transfers imho.

Didn't Mel threaten the forum with legal action allegedly. 

Nothing to do with anybodies opinion on him

Not seen anyone say we'll win the Championship by a country mile

Just you saying we should be talking about storming it.

Which we shouldn't. Because we aren't miles better than anyone and the first time we come up against a team and play at 70% then we'll lose.

Find me a quote where I said I didn't like Mel Morris. I can find you one where I complained about being labeled as against him. Can find you 3. 

I'm sure if we are hammered by Northampton and everyone starts getting upset that you'll be there with your anti negativity thread like at the end of the season. As oppose to your moaning about Derby being bored at the start. 

It doesn't make a difference to me whether you're enjoying Derby right now or not.  I am. I've not been enjoying Derby as much as the last 2 years since Jim Smith. 

Just the constant going against the grain and mind changing strikes me as winding people up. 

Curtains starts a thread going against the grain, gets people debating, argues until he can't defend his viewpoint against logic anymore, then either a) answers a completely different question, or b) makes some vaguely suicidal post to end debate.

This makes him one of the best posters on this forum imo, much much better than the bulls hit ITK's and terrible punners that seem to have trebled in numbers recently.

Daveo must love him, even his poorer threads often make dozens of pages? 

Its lots more fun to read and participate in than some on here, as an experiment next thread we should all agree with him, I'm sure he'd start arguing with himself within 20 posts!

Statistically Pearce was pretty average as centre back last season. That's good enough for a mid table team like Reading, but we want promotion. 

He's an upgrade on Whitbread who managed about 5 games last season is he not? I doubt he's come in to be our leader at the back, that'll be Shackell if he signs. It's more likely that Pearce has been brought in to be backup in case of any injuries 

Statistically Pearce was pretty average as centre back last season. That's good enough for a mid table team like Reading, but we want promotion. 

I disagreed. Pearce is pretty decent enough from what I've seen and he was part of Reading team that got Promoted few years ago, the only player that i'm not very pleased and that is Scott Carson!  

Archived