How good has been our transfer activity since last season

Curtains

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re-assessed them in what way?

How many times have you seen them play/train since?

I've seen Baird play against Derby reserves and for Southampton years ago . 

Hes had very little football in the last 2 years.

Look on Wiki  

Carson and Pearce maybe an improvement but I've not seen that much of them  other than on TV 

Ince and Bent here last season so I've seen them a lot .

I've seen Baird play against Derby reserves and for Southampton years ago . 

Hes had very little football in the last 2 years.

Look on Wiki  

Yes but everyone knew that when he signed. What has happened since for you to re-assess him from a good signing to a bad one? Was it the defeat at Grimsby?

But those were before the 3 days. So wikipedia changed your mind?

What is it about some Derby fans. 

We finished last season really badly and the fans in my stand were going crazy after the Reading game .

Now all of a sudden we are going to improve no end with 4  signings in Carson, Baird ,Wiemann and Pearce. 

Weve lost Ward,Whitbread ,Eustace and Mascarell. 

Your the guy who didn't like Mel Morris and was all for McClaren so don't start on me. 

And you're the guy who didn't like McClaren, Keogh, the rest of the defence, Morris' lack of investment, our signings and you probably already dislike Clement because he lost to Grimsby, so don't you start :lol:

We finished last season really badly and the fans in my stand were going crazy after the Reading game .

Now all of a sudden we are going to improve no end with 4  signings in Carson, Baird ,Wiemann and Pearce. 

The return of Martin,Buxton and Thorne would help somewhat too, perhaps?

And you're the guy who didn't like McClaren, Keogh, the rest of the defence, Morris' lack of investment, our signings and you probably already dislike Clement because he lost to Grimsby, so don't you start :lol:

:lol:

I like Morris and Clement but come on even you  Mr optimistic must worry about the game at Bolton away with this squad as it stands. 

We should be thinking of taking the Championship by storm next season. 

Weve lost Ward,Whitbread ,Eustace and Mascarell. 

7 or 8 players back from injury, a new head coach, Ince and Bent for a full season and possibly Shackell signing. I think we have every right to expect improvement from last season

Your the guy who didn't like Mel Morris and was all for McClaren so don't start on me. 

Where did I say I didn't like Mel Morris?

I can go back and find you a quote where I say "I'm not anti Mel Morris!!!". 

Yeah, im all for a bloke who took us from boring midtable to Wembley and top 3 for more than a season's worth of games and leaves here with a 54% ratio. Silly me. 

Zzz.

Where did I say I didn't like Mel Morris?

I can go back and find you a quote where I say "I'm not anti Mel Morris!!!". 

Yeah, im all for a bloke who took us from boring midtable to Wembley and top 3 for more than a season's worth of games and leaves here with a 54% ratio. Silly me. 

Zzz.

Come on mate you were moaning about Mel tell the truth. 

I like Morris and Clement but come on even you  Mr optimistic must worry about the game at Bolton away with this squad as it stands. 

Why would I worry? I imagine 95% of the Championship are envious of our squad and we haven't even finished signing players yet

Now all of a sudden we are going to improve no end with 3 signings in Carson, Baird and Pearce. 

Come on Old Boy....... It isn't just those three is it? It's having Martin back in the side, Thorne back in the side, Weimann as extra fire power up top. Buxton will be available again. We will have extra cover defensively. At the moment we haven't gone into the loan market so the prospect of a couple of young Premier league players is a possibility. To be honest I don't care if we lose all of our pre-season games, it is what happens from Bolton onward that counts.

Come on Old Boy....... It isn't just those three is it? It's having Martin back in the side, Thorne back in the side, Weimann as extra fire power up top. Buxton will be available again. We will have extra cover defensively. At the moment we haven't gone into the loan market so the prospect of a couple of young Premier league players is a possibility. To be honest I don't care if we lose all of our pre-season games, it is what happens from Bolton onward that counts.

Even if we beat Bolton curtains will still make a thread complaining that we didn't score 15 goals and our defence misplaced a few passes, it's just how he is

Bloody hell curtains, if we're to be worried about the first game in a 46 game season we might as well pack it in, if we lose it so what, ? Honestly mate, you need to lighten it up a bit or it's going to be a long miserable season for you, we'll be reet, just wait and see. :)

Archived