Isak Ssewankambo

YorkshireRam

Starts 2nd half vs Grimsby today. 

Is this an indicator that he is being seriously considered for the first team now, either as backup or rivaling Christie for a first team spot?

It'll be interesting to see how well he performs today as this is his chance to impress Clement.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did well

in a second half performance that was altogether better than that in the 1st half, he was one of the better players.  He and Russell worked well together, he defended well on a couple of occasions and overlapped down the right, putting in a few crosses.  He should be pleased. Christie, by comparison, did not do as well, but then the whole first half performance was a bit insipid - not much penetration

what's hard to know is how good the players were up against him and how far on with their pre season training they are, to measure the test he was facing.  But on first look he did himself no harm and it will be interesting to see how he develops over the next few weeks

on others: Baird, Albentosa and Pearce acquitted themselves well; Carson made a couple of good stops; Hendrick was lively and Sammo did well.

a good afternoon in the sunshine.  

He did well

in a second half performance that was altogether better than that in the 1st half, he was one of the better players.  He and Russell worked well together, he defended well on a couple of occasions and overlapped down the right, putting in a few crosses.  He should be pleased. Christie, by comparison, did not do as well, but then the whole first half performance was a bit insipid - not much penetration

what's hard to know is how good the players were up against him and how far on with their pre season training they are, to measure the test he was facing.  But on first look he did himself no harm and it will be interesting to see how he develops over the next few weeks

on others: Baird, Albentosa and Pearce acquitted themselves well; Carson made a couple of good stops; Hendrick was lively and Sammo did well.

a good afternoon in the sunshine.  

Great summary thanks a lot. Good to hear he did well, agree it's not the be all and end all but positive signs nonetheless.

What were your opinions on Weimann and Calero? Heard couple of good things when they were mentioned but interested to hear a little more in depth from someone who was actually there. Thanks

The RB position is there for the taking. Neither Christie, Shotton or Keogh have inspired there in the last 6 months. I do hate the way ''experience(d)'' is sometimes brandished. An experienced defender can make a half a dozen big mistakes and hold onto their place. Where as one lacking in experience makes 1 and they get dropped. I am not too concerned about how well our full backs do going forward anymore. What is important is that they can and do defend. If we fall at the final hurdle again this season it will not be for a lack of goals. 

Anyone's better than Christie..

Christie was our most impressive player at the start of last season, in fact I'm sure he won at least 1 of Ambitious' prestigious player of the month awards. He's just in a bad spell.

Albeit a rather long bad spell.

Christie was our most impressive player at the start of last season, in fact I'm sure he won at least 1 of Ambitious' prestigious player of the month awards. He's just in a bad spell.

Albeit a rather long bad spell.

Good luck to him on finding that form and I hope he does! Because he was impressive, but I can't remember the last time he had a good performance 

Archived