Idea for chant

SWRam

4 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Haha, very good ossie, nah, a little more famous and a little more rock and roll. As I wrote earlier, I'm on thin ice here, you think it's fine and funny to post such stuff, I don't, I'll leave it there. :)

Oh come on you great big tease!

You've got to tell us who you roadied for now you've brought it up!!!!!!:D

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best chants in my opinion are the ones done on the spur of the moment like on Saturday to all the young lads that came with Cardiff.

"Come back when your balls have dropped" made people smile along with "come on a school bus" and "you must have come on a school trip" were just a few.

What happened to 'How wide do you want the goals!' when they did a awful miss. Used to sing it before getting my 1st season ticket.. then was never sung again!

19 hours ago, ossieram said:

The best chants in my opinion are the ones done on the spur of the moment like on Saturday to all the young lads that came with Cardiff.

"Come back when your balls have dropped" made people smile along with "come on a school bus" and "you must have come on a school trip" were just a few.

Are you guys still together with that bold headed guy? And the one who is next to him? Some of the abuse and random chants used to be hilarious.. The amount of away fans who felt awkward or gave abuse and never gave abuse again was remarkable with the come backs which were given lol.

1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

What happened to 'How wide do you want the goals!' when they did a awful miss. Used to sing it before getting my 1st season ticket.. then was never sung again!

Are you guys still together with that bold headed guy? And the one who is next to him? Some of the abuse and random chants used to be hilarious.. The amount of away fans who felt awkward or gave abuse and never gave abuse again was remarkable with the come backs which were given lol.

I'm always a bit more confident when I've got my head on ;)

2 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

It depends on which bald headed guy you mean? There are 3 of us with shaved heads, Although the other 2 don't have to shave off as much as me.

Chant for Butterfield - 'Here's to you Jacob Butterfield, Derby loves you more than you will know - woooaaaoooh...' To the tune 'Mrs Robinson.' 

I know a few clubs already sing it and it isn't very original but can't think of another tune that Butterfield's name can fit in to.

Original:

Why do you build me up (build me up) Buttercup, baby
Just to let me down (let me down) and mess me around
And then worst of all (worst of all) you never call, baby
When you say you will (say you will) but I love you still
I need you (I need you) more than anyone, darlin'
You know that I have from the start
So build me up (build me up) Buttercup, don't break my heart

so my crudely changed version which could definitely do with some work would be...

Why do we build you up (build you up) Butterfield, baby
You'll never let us down (let us down) and mess us around
And then best of all (best of all) you always score, baby
When you say you will (say you will) and we love you still
We need you (We need you) more than anyone, darlin'
You know that we have from the start
So build you up (build you up) Butterfield, don't break our hearts 

And whilst on the subject of Duran Duran, to the tune of Rio:

His name is Keogh and he dances for the Rams,
Born in East Essex but he plays for Ireland,
And when in black and white he gives it all he can,
Oh Keogh, Keogh take us to the promise land.

7 hours ago, SIWY said:

And whilst on the subject of Duran Duran, to the tune of Rio:

His name is Keogh and he dances for the Rams,
Born in East Essex but he plays for Ireland,
And when in black and white he gives it all he can,
Oh Keogh, Keogh take us to the promise land.

I just change the first 2 lines..

His name is Keogh and he's playing for the Rams

Was born in England but he plays for Ireland.

Archived