The Ashes

Ovis aries

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This no ball situation is ridiculous. Umpires not enforcing rules until it's too late. 

It's being enforced on the replays, they can't do that for most balls. It's a bit worrying though that they're missing the no balls until then. 

It's being enforced on the replays, they can't do that for most balls. It's a bit worrying though that they're missing the no balls until then. 

At Test level they should be the responsibility of the 3rd or 4th umpire.

it's difficult to watch that line then watch a 90mph ball 

At Test level they should be the responsibility of the 3rd or 4th umpire.

it's difficult to watch that line then watch a 90mph ball 

I think that's part of the logic, but equally the marginal ones can take a bit of time, and the key is not to hold up the game. The umpires are well trained to give a rough look at whether it's a no ball or not, and them checking after each wicket makes sure. 

I think the key is that Wood, Finn and Stokes make sure they're more careful when the pressure really is on. To have two wickets ruled out for no balls in an innings isn't great, but ultimately when the opposition is still 110 from posting a target at all it's not a bad time to learn that lesson. 

PistoldPete2

What's great about this England bowling is they have all stepped up to the plate ... First Anderson then Finn, then broad and now stokes . And wood has been good without any match winning performance. If they had decent spinners and someone to bowl in Australian conditions it would be an excellent attack. As it is a real handful in English conditions. 

Could still make England bat a few overs even. 

The situation Australia are in (around 100 in arrears staring an innings defeat in the face, 7 wickets down, Ashes going down the toilet) is reminiscent of Headingley 81.

Can you find a Botham and a Willis?

The situation Australia are in (around 100 in arrears staring an innings defeat in the face, 7 wickets down, Ashes going down the toilet) is reminiscent of Headingley 81.

Starc, Hazlewood and Lyon can bat, and Voges is still there. I can see them still making England bat a few overs, but I wouldn't say it's likely. 

Nah...it's much worse than that situation. yet they are only 100-1 now, who would take that on?

Archived