The Ashes

Ovis aries

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really watch cricket much, been a long time. Can someone explain why the umpire stuck with not-out when the ball hit the wicket in hawkeye?

The umpires original call was not out, so for it to be overturned it has to be hitting more than just one stump on hawk eye review

Gotcha. I figure that's because of potential inaccuracy?

These two are not going to block:D

Not an avid cricket viewer as stated above but these two are really entertaining to watch. 

I don't really watch cricket much, been a long time. Can someone explain why the umpire stuck with not-out when the ball hit the wicket in hawkeye?

If you are referring to the sweep shot review against Broad it was because the ball (mainly) hit the pad outside the line of off stump. 

2 slip catches dropped 

Cook and Bell have both dropped Warner off Broad and Stokes. 

Australia 77-0. 

Bells was harder than Cooks 

Quite a few play and misses early too. 

Australia are doing alright at this point. It's all academic at this point, but it'll give them a bit of confidence. The interesting part will be when Marsh, Clarke and Voges come out, as arguably all three have some question marks over them. Even if he gets ducks until the end of the series though, I expect Clarke to be fine, but Voges and Marsh, particularly with a dead rubber coming up will be looking over their shoulders. 

Archived