Port Vale - Top Club

PrivateDerby

My mam is a foster carer, last week she took in an 8 year old girl on an emergency placement, the poor ducks been through more **** than most adults but she's bloody bomb proof!

Anyway, she got some terrible news yesterday which would be wrong of me to discuss on here. 

Called in this morning and she's sat in the garden in the sun, chatting away to herself. I started messing around with a football and she says "you're not a Stokie are ya"..."no mate Derby, who are you?"..."Vale" 

Cut a long story short, got her in the car, short drive to Burslem, into the ticket office, quick word with one of the lads in private and in seconds we were on the pitch, in the tunnel, in the dug out, in the stands! 

Met two players, had a load of photos and got a shirt! 

Top notch Vale, made a little girls problems disappear for half an hour.

Best team in the West Midlands.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they're a proper community club, fans are friendly and realistic.

I was slightly put off Vale a few years ago after winning a signed shirt in a raffle. Signed by Robin Van Der Laan they said, signed by Robbie Williams they said... was it heck, think they passed it round the office! 

I hate to here of kids having a rough time, its hard enough when you have the weight of the world put on your shoulders or adulthood as we call it !!!

nice to here about Port Vale, always enjoyed the visit to Vale...

hope she is in a better place mate !!!

My mam is a foster carer, last week she took in an 8 year old girl on an emergency placement, the poor ducks been through more **** than most adults but she's bloody bomb proof!

Anyway, she got some terrible news yesterday which would be wrong of me to discuss on here. 

Called in this morning and she's sat in the garden in the sun, chatting away to herself. I started messing around with a football and she says "you're not a Stokie are ya"..."no mate Derby, who are you?"..."Vale" 

Cut a long story short, got her in the car, short drive to Burslem, into the ticket office, quick word with one of the lads in private and in seconds we were on the pitch, in the tunnel, in the dug out, in the stands! 

Don't underestimate your own role in this.

Well played, sir.

Hi guys, just wanted to say glad the club could help and the little girl had a good time. Nice bit of work private your a top bloke if your over this way for a match make yourself known and claim your free beer

ps if you could lend us a striker and a right back we would be grateful

Taken from "The Wonder of Port Vale" Facebook page mate, can you please get in touch with Phil Mayer at the club and he will organise for you. He's also on Twitter @fil4529

Andy, Don't know if someone can put me in touch with the original poster but I'll organise a meeting with the Manager and behind the scenes tour. Andy Yates

Yeah she hasn't put 'Boomer' down all day, think I'll replace it with Rammie later... 

Call the social!

I used to work with the lad who was Boomer. Top bloke even got himself on MOTD holding up a poem on valentines at Everton for an FA Cup game

Hi guys, just wanted to say glad the club could help and the little girl had a good time. Nice bit of work private your a top bloke if your over this way for a match make yourself known and claim your free beer

There's a lovely fillet of Sammon, if you're interested.

Sammon, Shotton, Christie, Bennett, Keogh, Grant...... We've got a lot of players I know some people would be willing to drop them off for nothing :lol:

Archived