Announcement from the club?

mwram1973

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Steele first came Grant was transformed. To my mind, towards the end of last season Grant was worse than before Steele came. Many have said Grant was carrying an injury and couldn't jump. If so, it's shocking that he was allowed near the team. Rumours are that this wasn't Steele's decision and he didn't want to play Grant. But all this is rumour and supposition.

Steele is respected globally as a goalkeeping coach so I'm surprised a new coach would get rid when he's not a threat and I'd have thought would have been a wise older head to have around. And if true that, as I'd expect, he's also a mate of Peacock's.

My thoughts are that this is bad news and they're getting it out there now as they'll havea good news announcement tomorrow,probably Bridcutt, possibly Ince too.

SDSR saying Steele was told by Clement that he's staying...then this - fair enough, this is football (to quote someone...) but shame when respected people are messed around abit like this - I'm not saying by Clement but by whoever's decision

Seems unlikely to be true unless in the meantime, Newcastle made him an offer.

SDSR saying Steele was told by Clement that he's staying...then this - fair enough, this is football (to quote someone...) but shame when respected people are messed around abit like this - I'm not saying by Clement but by whoever's decision

wasn't Stevie Mac thinking the same as Steele before he was relieved of his duties? :ph34r:

Probably waiting for compo from Newcastle for Simmo. He'll probably still go there but only as a coach.

Wasnt compo that little old fella in last of the summer wine? Is he coming from Newcastle to replace Simpson then? Must be getting on a bit now! 

According to Chris mills, any one can do it , it's easy ya know. Burtons gk coach is as good as real madrids. :p

Very true. Put your hand, face, foot or body in front of the ball. Just like down the other end of the field. Hit the ball into the goal using any part of your body other than your hand or arm. 

Not difficult this whole football thing is it?

So assuming we wouldn't do this without having someone better lined up, and we're saying Steele is already one of the best in the world, and it's probably not @chrismills, who out there is better than Steele that we might get. Let the speculation begin. 

Very true. Put your hand, face, foot or body in front of the ball. Just like down the other end of the field. Hit the ball into the goal using any part of your body other than your HAND or arm. 

Not difficult this whole football thing is it?

Worked for Maradona

So assuming we wouldn't do this without having someone better lined up, and we're saying Steele is already one of the best in the world, and it's probably not @chrismills, who out there is better than Steele that we might get. Let the speculation begin. 

Why are you ruling me out? I've shown my knowledge of the game.

Possibly Villiam Vecchi then?

Archived