Richard Keogh

Smiffy2491

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be a bit bemused if we sell him, especially if the fee isn't that good. 

He's had a good pre-season, shown no signs, at least on the pitch, that he's throwing the toys out of the pram over the loss of captaincy, and I think we would make a mistake selling him. 

He's by no means a regular starter, but the way I see it, either Shotton or Keogh will be sold this summer. I'd rather the former.  

I'd be a bit bemused if we sell him, especially if the fee isn't that good. 

He's had a good pre-season, shown no signs, at least on the pitch, that he's throwing the toys out of the pram over the loss of captaincy, and I think we would make a mistake selling him. 

He's by no means a regular starter, but the way I see it, either Shotton or Keogh will be sold this summer. I'd rather the former.  

Would anyone be interested in Shotton though, especially if he's on Premiership wages? 

Think it'd be good for everyone if he left, as long as bucko/Pearce is up to the job. If the kind of fees we expect happen (I.e. 2m with add ons) then that could go straight into strengthening elsewhere. Unfortunately keogh has and always will be a scrap goat since Wembley and surely that's contributed to his mistakes before. A completely new cb partnership might be the current best option

Would sort of get on my tits that we'd have finally got in 2/3 excellent Championship CB's that would utterly sort out our back 4 and then sold one of them off.

Sell or loan out Shotton, but keep Keogh, he's still a massive part of our team.

Also, "balance the books"? We don't have a clue what the books are, we don't even have a cover to judge the book on, don't see how anyone can condone selling one of our best CB's when we have no idea if it's financially necessary.

Think it'd be good for everyone if he left, as long as bucko/Pearce is up to the job. If the kind of fees we expect happen (I.e. 2m with add ons) then that could go straight into strengthening elsewhere. Unfortunately keogh has and always will be a scrap goat since Wembley and surely that's contributed to his mistakes before. A completely new cb partnership might be the current best option

Why would it be good for everyone? Selling our 2nd best centre back and strengthening a Championship rival is not good for everyone

look how much stick he gets though, I'd imagine that must mess with the poor guys head

So why should he leave because of it? The fans should stay at home and delete their twitters if all they intent to do is slate Keogh. He shouldn't be forced out because we have a bunch of negative fans

The whole point of the exercise is to have enough players to last the season in spite of injuries, unlike last season. Two players for each position and sensible rotation means that players do not have to play with injuries and potentially make them worse. Players do not get tired and everyone is kept on their toes. Number of players who play 45 league games is likely to be none. Bent is the one that mystifies me. An apparently casual start to the season and no obvious system that will have him starting games but an invaluable player none the less.

Leave Gary Teale out of this

If we were going to try out 3-5-2 when we would have tried it out in pre season

For that system to work, we need the best CB available with two experienced ideally quick CD's & now we have Shacks- it could be possible. After all PC has said we have to be able to adopt to other styles/formations and we know he has that continental coaching experience. 

Archived