Who is driving the bus?

CheltenhamRam

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's also down to Sam's power of persuasion.  I can see him now, in a room a with an agent and a player, alongside Mel and Paul commanding the respect of the room - instilling trust.  It's a no brainer for a player, Clement has coached the VERY best in the world for a prolonged period of time, and we have a cool, calm and forthright leader in Sam driving the club in the right direction.  Mel has injected some much needed candy into the proceedings, with Chris using his scouting experience to ensure that we can pounce early.   

Alternatively, you could have that same player in a room with, let's say, Dougie Freedman and their 'leader' on his Etch A Sketch.  Where is the confidence for that player to make the right call, unless they are out of contract or desperate?  How do you think we've managed to cream off the best of the 'free' players? It's through trust, leadership and vision.    

Really you have definitely caught the bus 

As has been the case for a good year, it's Chris Evans heading up recruitment. He will be bringing targets to the table for discussion and Clement will get the final say, before Stone Cold Sam Rush does the rest.

I like the phrase 'Stone Cold Sam Rush'. A classic , I think.

I think it's also down to Sam's power of persuasion.  I can see him now, in a room a with an agent and a player, alongside Mel and Paul commanding the respect of the room - instilling trust.  It's a no brainer for a player, Clement has coached the VERY best in the world for a prolonged period of time, and we have a cool, calm and forthright leader in Sam driving the club in the right direction.  Mel has injected some much needed candy into the proceedings, with Chris using his scouting experience to ensure that we can pounce early.   

Alternatively, you could have that same player in a room with, let's say, Dougie Freedman and their 'leader' on his Etch A Sketch.  Where is the confidence for that player to make the right call, unless they are out of contract or desperate?  How do you think we've managed to cream off the best of the 'free' players? It's through trust, leadership and vision.    

Working from home today??

Since Steve went we've splashed a decent amount on new signings in addition to the players that have been released. Clearly PC won't have seen much of the current squad or new signings. 

What structure is in place for player recruitment etc.? We've been moving incredibly quickly which suggests a significant amount of ground work has already gone in. Moreover, all of our (or mine) preferred signings appear to have gone through smoothly. Impressive stuff in my opinion.

Erm the coach driver.

I'm mad as hell and not going to take it any more!

But if there's any truth in your post, commisserations mate! But three better jobs will all come along at once...

Haha naa no truth, I wasn't even at work #slacker

Archived