DeAndre Yedlin

Ambitious

From the keyboard of legend Alan Hinton. I'd like to think he has a good eye for a player.. even if he does spend most of his time watching Sounders in the MLS.

Gladys was the best crosser of a ball I have ever seen in my life. If anyone knows wingers, he does.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yedlin was mint at the World Cup - an absolute star. He looked totally amazing.

One thing I would say is never sign anyone on the basis of their World Cup performances. Almost always you find they flattered to deceive. Seriously though, we have Christie, Shotton, Ssewankambo, Baird, Keogh who can all play right back. I think that's enough. We saw at the start of last season that Christie can be an excellent right back (and has broken into the Repubic setup). Shotton has played a lot of Premier League games at right back in a solid defensive team. Sswewankambo plays for the Swedish U21s and comes with a Chelsea pedigree and first division experience in Holland. Baird has massive experience and is an international defender. Keogh can do a job there if called upon and is another international defender.

It would be madness, madness I tell thee, to take someone on loan and develop them in this position for another club, ignoring our own very good resources. Let the coaches do their work and we should have the best right back options in the division as it is.

The problem is we have a number of people who can play it but none of them are particularly good at it.

I saw Alan Hinton right in front of me having run down the wing at full pelt and in full stride whip the ball without any seeming effort onto Hector's head and  he headed it straight into the net. i have never seen a cross as good, right in front of me, like that, before or since. It has left a lasting impression on me for all these years.

On the subject of full backs called Andre,Liverpool have bought Joe Gomez and just been hearing a debate about him on Talksport.

From what they've been saying this lad is going to be starting for them and get regular games. 

It was mentioned that he could well fill the full back roll.

If its right full back, (i dont know which side he plays) what does that say about Wisdoms chances of truly making a career at Anfield.

I'm aware he's signed a long term deal but if we look at players moving around ala Mandzukic are contracts really all that big of a deal when it comes to players transferring out. 

I personally would have him back at our club in a heart beat. 

On the subject of full backs called Andre,Liverpool have bought Joe Gomez and just been hearing a debate about him on Talksport.

From what they've been saying this lad is going to be starting for them and get regular games. 

It was mentioned that he could well fill the full back roll.

If its right full back, (i dont know which side he plays) what does that say about Wisdoms chances of truly making a career at Anfield.

I'm aware he's signed a long term deal but if we look at players moving around ala Mandzukic are contracts really all that big of a deal when it comes to players transferring out. 

I personally would have him back at our club in a heart beat. 

He's a centre back who can play on the right but they're soon to sign Clyne so I really can't see him getting that many games. They'll have Clyne, Manquillo, Gomez, Wisdom and Flanagan (out injured for a while) all who can play right back and then there's Ibe and Markovic who have played on the right in their stupid wing back system. So I really can't see Wisdom getting anywhere near their starting 11, but I said the same thing about Ibe when he was recalled so you never know :lol:

He's a centre back who can play on the right but they're soon to sign Clyne so I really can't see him getting that many games. They'll have Clyne, Manquillo, Gomez, Wisdom and Flanagan (out injured for a while) all who can play right back and then there's Ibe and Markovic who have played on the right in their stupid wing back system. So I really can't see Wisdom getting anywhere near their starting 11, but I said the same thing about Ibe when he was recalled so you never know :lol:

Manquillo doesn't play for liverpool anymore and Flanagan was mainly used as a left back before he got injured

Just been hearing about clyne too. With that in mind it seems Andre is going to be even further down the order.

All wishful thinking on my part as I'm not the manager of our great club.

Thank you Cam

I think they cancelled it or at least being close to ending it because Benfica want him

Yeah I had a quick search and Talk Sport have done an article about Benfica wanting Liverpool to cancel the loan so they can sign him, but there's also an article from last month saying Rodgers wants to keep him as he has a future at Liverpool. I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks :lol:

If they're sticking with the wing back formation then surely Wisdom would be seen as an option for his preferred position now? They play 3 at the back and have Lovren, Skrtle, Sakho and Coates?

Remember he's a CB by trade...

If they're sticking with the wing back formation then surely Wisdom would be seen as an option for his preferred position now? They play 3 at the back and have Lovren, Skrtle, Sakho and Coates?

I personally think they will go back to the diamond formation because Rodgers said something about wanting to play Can in his preferred position. I think they will go for something like this:

Mignolet

Clyne Skrtel new cb Moreno

Can

Henderson     Milner

Coutinho Firmino

Sturridge

In this case Gomez and Flanagan will be the backup full backs with Sakho and Lovren as the back ups centre backs which will means that Wisdom will may not be needed, Milner and Henderson can also play as full backs if necessary.

I personally think they will go back to the diamond formation because Rodgers said something about wanting to play Can in his preferred position. I think they will go for something like this:

Mignolet

Clyne Skrtel new cb Moreno

Can

Henderson     Milner

Coutinho Firmino

Sturridge

In this case Gomez and Flanagan will be the backup full backs with Sakho and Lovren as the back ups centre backs which will means that Wisdom will may not be needed, Milner and Henderson can also play as full backs if necessary.

You could play 3-3-2-2? 

3 CBs, a DM trio of 2 WBs and a DM

2 AMs drifting between the middle and out wide

2 STs

BOOM! Done... paycheck please Mr Rodgers...

Add to that little lot, Toure, Gomez, Tiago Ilori and Emre Can. Can't see Wisdom coming back here, but I also can't see him getting much/any game time for Liverpool

Archived