DeAndre Yedlin

Ambitious

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good rumour...would like it to be true! I still believe that we need that "first choice" right back, who is capable of holding down that position in a promotion chasing team......

I like Baird and I think he will be a great asset as a squad player, however i dont believe he should be that "first choice" right back.....and I personally dont believe that Christie or Shotton are upto it. The only other option is whether they are considering Keogh as RB considering the influx of CB's?

So i think this sort of rumour would be perfect for us :).....just hope something comes to fruition.

He's made one appearance for Spurs, vs. Aston Villa.

It's difficult to judge a player based on one appearance - particularly if you're a fan of a top half PL team. If he's good enough for the USA in the World Cup, he's probably good enough for the Championship, I'd give him a chance if we were to sign him. We've not had a decent permanent RB since Brayford (Wisdom being a loan). 

It's difficult to judge a player based on one appearance - particularly if you're a fan of a top half PL team. If he's good enough for the USA in the World Cup, he's probably good enough for the Championship, I'd give him a chance if we were to sign him. We've not had a decent permanent RB since Brayford (Wisdom being a loan). 

So Christie and Shotton, as they are the permanent only players we have signed since Brayford left to  have played at RB.

So Christie and Shotton, as they are the permanent only players we have signed since Brayford left to  have played at RB.

Over two seasons ago, feels like a lifetime. So yep, nail on the head. I reckon Keogh could do a job there though, personally. Decent defensively (despite what many may say) and has the pace and attack-minded enough to get up and down the wing. 

Over two seasons ago, feels like a lifetime. So yep, nail on the head. I reckon Keogh could do a job there though, personally. Decent defensively (despite what many may say) and has the pace and attack-minded enough to get up and down the wing. 

Up until he gets near the opposition box and hasn't got the first clue about how to cross a good ball in or beat a man with anything but running.... yeah.

He'd just end up galloping out of play with the ball, because we know he can't / it's impossible to slow down once he hits full speed.

Up until he gets near the opposition box and hasn't got the first clue about how to cross a good ball in or beat a man with anything but running.... yeah.

He'd just end up galloping out of play with the ball, because we know he can't / it's impossible to slow down once he hits full speed.

Where is your evidence that he can't cross a ball?

John Harkes, Eddie Lewis and Benny Feilhaber

Evidence would be three seasons watching him play football. You don't have to have been played at RB/LB/RW/LW to have the opportunity to show you can put a good ball into the box.

I've taken into account his general passing ability, short and long. I've considered his performance in that odd game at right back last season. I've recollected the times he had the ball on the wing (even when playing CB) and what he's done with the ball in those situations.

I've thought about how many times I've seen him succesfuly cross a ball into the box, which would be round about zero, and come to a conclusion that despite the attributes he could bring to the position, accurate and threatening crossing, and beating players one on one in attacking situations are not amongst them.

Where is your evidence that he can cross a ball? I'm not the one trying to claim he should be regularly played in a position that he hasn't played for 5 seasons, the onus of finding evidence is on you, not me.

John Hawkes, Eddie Lewis and Benny Feilhaber

Harkes? Surely you mean?

And he was a perfectly good player who made numerous premier league appearances... I suspect he'd be a very good championship CM...

Only peer reviewed posts allowed on here

I'm not even sure I'd go that far... Review? Nah thanks...

Archived