Johnny Russell

DCFC1388

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think 3m for a 31 year old with a year left on his contract is them saying the same as we might about JR.  If Shacks wants to come here, 3m is win win all round. 

As I've said before, I totally disagree. Keeping Shackell is their best chance of going for promotion and PL riches (and his presence would give them a decent chance). If I were Burnley I'd want at least £10m from Derby for him (ie not for sale as we could obviously buy a better defender elsewhere for significantly less).

£3m for a 31yr old, some prem experience, last year of his contract.

and yet people would settle for £1m for a 25yr old, some potential for the prem, with 2-3 yrs left?

Everyone has their price. We know that, but to let him go for less than £3m and adding strength to a rival? No ta.

Fulham had to pay at least £7m for Ross McCormack.. is JR only worth 1/3rd of that?

If we're going to lose Russell, which I'd rather not do, I'd look to try and get Craig Noone as part of the deal too. He has a lot of ability.

Straight swap for Manga, also :ph34r:.

As it stands, I think we need one more winger and if Russell goes that means two more wingers. 

As I've said before, I totally disagree. Keeping Shackell is their best chance of going for promotion and PL riches (and his presence would give them a decent chance). If I were Burnley I'd want at least £10m from Derby for him (ie not for sale as we could obviously buy a better defender elsewhere for significantly less).

If two clubs can't agree on a fee then it can go to a tribunal where a third party decides how much they're worth.

If two clubs can't agree on a fee then it can go to a tribunal where a third party decides how much they're worth.

No, that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. 

Clubs go to a tribunal in the case that a player who is off contract and under the age of 24 moves between clubs in England, but the clubs can't decide a fee. That is the only case in England that such a system is used. If Derby and Burnley don't agree a fee, then Derby aren't signing him until either that, or something else changes. 

No, that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. 

Clubs go to a tribunal in the case that a player who is off contract and under the age of 24 moves between clubs in England, but the clubs can't decide a fee. That is the only case in England that such a system is used. If Derby and Burnley don't agree a fee, then Derby aren't signing him until either that, or something else changes. 

As he's under contract, and not under 23...

Ahhhhhhhh yes AND no...

As much as he's missed the point technically ANY transfer can go to a tribunal... Both clubs must agree to a tribunal... then independently someone decides a price for them... then they decide whether to go through or not...

But it basically means b*****r all

Forest unveil Tariq Aziz as the new spokesperson? 

For the love of Allah - that is not Tariq Aziz.  Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf will be spinning in his grave; not that he would ever admit he was dead of course.

For the love of Allah - that is not Tariq Aziz.  Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf will be spinning in his grave; not that he would ever admit he was dead of course.

an easy mistake to make early in the morning. Please forgive me. For the record their both dead now. 

an easy mistake to make early in the morning. Please forgive me. For the record their both dead now. 

You are forgiven, and notwithstanding this little glitch you remain my go to person on Middle East matters. John Simpson is a rank amateur compared to you my nomadic friend.

You are forgiven, and notwithstanding this little glitch you remain my go to person on Middle East matters. John Simpson is a rank amateur compared to you my nomadic friend.

An embarrassing glitch nonetheless.  But a fine learned person like your self could spot such foolish mistakes and call them out makes  John 'fly me in' Simpson a very happy person. Btw he has a nice collection of white jackets for every day of the week. X

Archived