Johnny Russell

DCFC1388

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to Bryson, let's hope under Clement we see a return to form for him. 2013/14 Bryson was one of the best midfielders I have ever seen play for Derby!

Have you seen the interview with Bryson on Rams Player?

in it he says that last season he was told to play a different, more deeper role in midfield, and he found it difficult to get into the penalty area playing that way.

just goes to show there are subties that as fans we don't pick up on. I thought Bryson was playing the same position, in the same system, but just not in the same rich vein of form. Clearly it's not as straight forward as that.

Have you seen the interview with Bryson on Rams Player?

in it he says that last season he was told to play a different, more deeper role in midfield, and he found it difficult to get into the penalty area playing that way.

just goes to show there are subties that as fans we don't pick up on. I thought Bryson was playing the same position, in the same system, but just not in the same rich vein of form. Clearly it's not as straight forward as that.

Which is just awful tactics if that is the case. You don't take someone who had the season he did and then say now play deeper for this season. Especially when we play a damn DM. 

Few too many! I spoke to Johnny Russell outside Blundell Park and I asked him about moving to Cardiff and his reply was "Am I ****". Apologies :unsure:

Brilliant Johnny he's a legend!!!!!! 

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-told-only-25m-9646063

Cardiff City will have to pay at least £2.5m to tempt winger Johnny Russell away from Derby County - nearly double the fee they were hoping could land the Scottish international.

Russell opened pre-season for County in sizzling form and scored in their opening fixture against Grimsby Town.

Manager Paul Clement was delighted with Russell’s performance after he went on for the second half at Blundell Park and Derby want to keep him in their squad.

Sources in the midlands suggest County could yet be tempted by the right offer, but Cardiff would have to pay £2.5m or more.

Russell was Derby’s best player against Grimsby, replacing summer signing Tom Ince after half-time and outshining his rival for the wide berth.

The stance at Derby remains that they will keep Russell, who even after the arrival of Ince is certainly one of their best wide men.

Derby made it clear a few weeks ago that Russell was not for sale, but Cardiff have kept their interest alive.

They have not made a firm offer, but Russell is still highly placed among their list of targets for the summer.

The 25-year-old is a firm favourite among Derby fans, having made the move from Dundee United in a £750,000 transfer two years ago. He has made 87 appearances for County, scoring 17 goals.

Cardiff are unlikely to pay a big fee for Russell because they are well blessed with wingers with after loan signing Sammy Ameobi joined Matty Kennedy, Craig Noone, Anthony Pilkington and Kadeem Harris in the first team squad.

I can't lose my man crush. Don't leave me Johnny! 

Doesn't matter how much money they offer, if the player doesn't want to leave, he won't...

Johnny is quoted as saying he doesn't want to leave and that's good enough for me!

That's a different story though when we've accepted an offer. I wouldn't want to stay if the club were happy for me to go. Mind you, I certainly wouldn't be going to Cardiff either.

That's a different story though when we've accepted an offer. I wouldn't want to stay if the club were happy for me to go. Mind you, I certainly wouldn't be going to Cardiff either.

That's a fair point actually.

I was assuming that the club want him to stay based on Clement's comments on him...

Archived