Huge flag

Jayweb95

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a flag with a Clough quote would be brilliant but I have also said in the past a flag should be made for me with pictures of Clough/Taylor, Mackay, Cox and Smith. 

I've got it - a banner based on Da Vinci's painting of the last supper, instead of Jesus and the disciples we could have Clough, Taylor,Smith, Cox and 9 more, tucking into a Just Eat takeaway in the Toyota Suite, each wearing a classic kit from the past.

Even I'd chip in to see that.

download.thumb.jpg.944e27c2f302f433f1231

https://equaliserblog.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/8-clough/
 the picture of him carrying the trophy .. And that with a famous quote of his above it with white lettering on a black background. 

​Do you think his quote about being in the top one would be the best? I wasn't alive when he managed Derby so forgive me if that was a quote he said when he was with another club.

1Star5Managers.jpg

How about something like this with Derby legends and in black and white?

First we copy every football chant known to man.

Now, ​we cant even think up our own flag design.

I approve of the Clough quote idea, Brian, not Nigel.

Unless we go for a long 'errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'

I'd go for either

"Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job." 

or

"I wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the country, but I'm in the top one".

Happy to chip in a little bit for it.

Yes I like the second quote and I think it's fitting with that picture. I'm definitely up for putting £100 or so toward it. It's just getting a few more on board as it would be a big commitment carrying it home and away each week and people not really being behind it.

Yes I like the second quote and I think it's fitting with that picture. I'm definitely up for putting £100 or so toward it. It's just getting a few more on board as it would be a big commitment carrying it home and away each week and people not really being behind it.

Make it big enough and you'll get loads of people behind it.

Probably best not to slag off the Twitter account that are trying to make this happen then make a thread suggesting it anyway!

Me and the Twitter account holder are on good terms and are actually working together to make this happen... Realised what I said was only holding us back from boosting our fan appeal so as of now the only ones stopping this from potentially happening are purely ourselves..

Archived