Huge flag

Jayweb95

Why is everyone suddenly so obsessed with flags? Did I miss something?

Forest did it last year and it looked quite good. As we pride ourselves on having better fans than them we need to gazump them.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is everyone suddenly so obsessed with flags? Did I miss something?

It's not quite an "obsession" pal.. It's just a modern way of showing your support for the club you support.. If you don't believe in it fair enough, but no need to be negative towards those who are only trying to boost Derby fan appeal. 

Me and the Twitter account holder are on good terms and are actually working together to make this happen... Realised what I said was only holding us back from boosting our fan appeal so as of now the only ones stopping this from potentially happening are purely ourselves..

​Was only joking with you mate.

Any budding graphic designers out there able to put together a photo of managerial greats that we've had? I'd go for the 5 of Brian/Taylor, Mackay, Cox, Smith.

Any budding graphic designers out there able to put together a photo of managerial greats that we've had? I'd go for the 5 of Brian/Taylor, Mackay, Cox, Smith.

​I'd go for two flags. One with the managers and one with the greatest players, Bloomer, Todd, McFarland, Hector, Gemmill & Buxton.

Feel the Brian Clough idea would be a big hit with fans overall.. Just need someone with that design edge to get a final design.. Then I can go forward and start fund raising.. I'll contribute mostly though.

Feel the Brian Clough idea would be a big hit with fans overall.. Just need someone with that design edge to get a final design.. Then I can go forward and start fund raising.. I'll contribute mostly though.

​Having a clue about design. Preferably if someone on here has the Adobe package that includes photoshop?

Failing that I can have a go at drawing Brian Clough on paint.

​Having a clue about design. Preferably if someone on here has the Adobe package that includes photoshop?

Failing that I can have a go at drawing Brian Clough on paint.

Talk more about it tomorrow mate.. I'll try and sort a plan out on going forward.

I'm liking all this. Good stuff, and I'd be happy to whack a small donation in. My two cents is to have some players from the Jim Smith team on a flag. Igor, Eranio, Wanchope maybe. Like many, I wasn't born (Just) when Clough left Derby. Legend of course, but we should do something that more people can relate to.

For me, Clough and Taylor together with the League Championship trophy above their heads is the one:

article-0-019503BF0000044D-315_468x404.j

If a flag needs text, I like the "Top one in the East Midlands" quote, but I don't think it's likely to work because it's very long for a flag. Would have thought short and punchy would be the thing.

For me, Clough and Taylor together with the League Championship trophy above their heads is the one:

article-0-019503BF0000044D-315_468x404.j

If a flag needs text, I like the "Top one in the East Midlands" quote, but I don't think it's likely to work because it's very long for a flag. Would have thought short and punchy would be the thing.

​There is a giant flag with that on somewhere. It was made and taken to games roughly 5 years ago. No idea where it went to. 

Right I know it's early stages and I don't expect anything yet.. But I have created a "go fund me" account.. All donations can be made on there. A big step in this process is all agreeing on a design.. And getting that imagine so I can get it sent to the flag makers. 

I think a flag with a Clough quote would be brilliant but I have also said in the past a flag should be made for me with pictures of Clough/Taylor, Mackay, Cox and Smith. I feel those four are like the iconic Derby managers/ team in terms of Clough and Taylor.

1Star5Managers.jpg

How about something like this with Derby legends and in black and white?

Like that as well mate.. Make a design and we can sort of do a vote.. Then go from there? 

​Best I could create, someone with better photoshop capabilities would be needed:

Screen_Shot_2015_06_04_at_00_53_34.png

Archived