Huge flag

Jayweb95

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we not just do something that isn't Clough or the 1970s for a change? 

We had history before that. 

What about the iconic picture of Jack Stamps on the shoulders of his team mates after lifting the F A Cup in 1946?

Or something with Cox and Smith would good. 

Can we not just do something that isn't Clough or the 1970s for a change? 

We had history before that. 

What about the iconic picture of Jack Stamps on the shoulders of his team mates after lifting the F A Cup in 1946?

Or something with Cox and Smith would good. 

​How about Oor Billy with the upside-down scarf? :)

106ztpy.jpg

You want to be unique  

How's about aflag of defiance? 

Maxwell, Jeremy Keith, Billy Davies, Stern John and Phil Brown on the flag. Some words underneath like "DCFC: The team for me"

No keogh?

No keogh?

​Nah, for all the things I can find to criticise him, he's not a baddie. He tries his arse off, I acknowledge that and respect it, it's just a shame he makes bad decisions at key times.

Anyway, back on topic.

I wouldn't contribute to anything else Brian Clough related, he gets enough praise and anything else is just "oneupmanship" over that rabble up the A52. 

If we get a Clough flag, within minutes it would change from being a symbol of honour and respect to one of our greatest ever, to being something to dig the F*rest lot out about. "ner ner, we 'av got a bigger Clough flag than you!".

Now, if it was something different, like Gordon Guthrie, or Smith and Igor, or Wanchope scoring v Man United, whatever... I'd gladly chuck £10 or £20 at it.

I think the Clough ideas are to rub it in the face of Forest that he liked us more no harm in that. IMO would be good to have one of Martin he's Derby through and through. Was great to see him facepalm when we was on TV was like he wanted to jump on the pitch and help the lads.

I'm loving all these genuine suggestions.

Anything which typifies just why we are proud, lifelong, Rams till we die fans is great by me.

I wouldn't want anything which taunts or insults any other team (yes, even Leeds, Millwall or our esteemed neighbours) in any way. This flag, left plain and simple, is spot-on IMHO.

See Below!

I don't want it too be over done and clustered.. I think simplicity is key to making it look smart.. I few of you don't agree with the clough idea and that's fine.. Selected that basically because he's the most reckonised.. Especially in my case only being 19.. A lot of those names from the 60's are way before my time and not quite everybody understands the significance of those people... But if the investment is heading for that idea and it's what majority want that's what we'll go for. 

Right I know it's early stages and I don't expect anything yet.. But I have created a "go fund me" account.. All donations can be made on there. A big step in this process is all agreeing on a design.. And getting that imagine so I can get it sent to the flag makers. 

http://www.gofundme.com/w6wnkg

This is the account and will be going forward.. Help on design and final agreement only objects in our way of making this happen. 

​How many people do you expect to fall for this?

Fall for this? What are you trying to imply mate?? 

Let me try and answer for RLACML a bit better.

The problem is and you shouldn't be offended by this is that nobody really knows who you are, £500 in your back pocket and off you go.

I'm not saying you will but you need to build up a certain amount of trust before raising any money. This "could" also prove to be the downfall of the 1884 group as well.

Crystal Palace fans didn't achieve what they did overnight, maybe for the first season should be concentrated on songs alone and encourage fans to take their own £10 smaller flags and move on from there.

Build up the trust, let people know who you are, throw up some videos and pics etc. 

Just want to reword what I said about "This "could" also prove to be the downfall of the 1884 group as well"

Downfall wasn't the word or what I was even trying to get across, hinder the progress is more what I'm trying to get across. Encourage the South Stand fans to purchase a small £10 flag instead of donations, see the impact and let others see the impact you have made online.

So far we've seen a Facebook and Twitter page (I haven't read them sorry) but on here it seems to be very flag orientated and away from the songs that cost nothing and will help build the atmosphere more, then Jay comes along asking for £500 with no clear design, invoice of what it cost, where it's going to be placed, is it going to home and away and if so who's organising the setup, the cleaning costs etc.

I think you'll find it impossible to raise the funds needed the size and impact you are going for off the bat, if you look at Nick for example he didn't come out of nowhere asking for money, the flags that were donated towards came much later.

Songs songs songs, individual flags and go from there :)

All my own opinion obviously 

Let me try and answer for RLACML a bit better.

The problem is and you shouldn't be offended by this is that nobody really knows who you are, £500 in your back pocket and off you go.

I'm not saying you will but you need to build up a certain amount of trust before raising any money. This "could" also prove to be the downfall of the 1884 group as well.

Crystal Palace fans didn't achieve what they did overnight, maybe for the first season should be concentrated on songs alone and encourage fans to take their own £10 smaller flags and move on from there.

Build up the trust, let people know who you are, throw up some videos and pics etc. 

Yeah I guess you are right. I'm not one to take from anybody especially when it's fellow Derby supporters and for a good cause but you are right.. It's easy for me to say that but a lot harder to get people to believe that.. I've been speaking with the 1884 group holder and we're working on how to keep this thing going moving forward. 

Songs, small flags, streamers, ticker tape, banners, giant flags will all be a part of what we will aim for.

its great to see the amount of support we've had on here, Twitter and Facebook but we know atm all we have done is state intentions.

we plan by the end of the month to be a bit more tangible with more direction and more info about how to get involved, whether that is buy your own, donate or help in other ways.

won't be an overnight success but should be fun and interesting to see what happens. Nicks experiences with flags and dealing with the club will be invaluable.

Jay will be a part of that too!

Archived