Big Sam

froggg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wants to take the summer off... doesn't seem like he's really motivated anymore. 

He knows he'll get a PL job in November too. He pretty much said that's what he'll be looking for. 

Leicester is my bet. 

I think Big Sam would struggle with us initially.

We aren't built for long-ball, so he'd have to swap a few things around and I'd imagine selling Will Hughes would be an obvious quick fix - sell for a tidy sum and bring in three or four 6ft plus mosters.

As mentioned, will wait around for a Premier League job to come available. He just needs a club who is willing to make PL their main objective and let him build without pressure.

Newcastle, Blackburn and West Ham United really are stupid aren't they? I mean, none are going to break into the top seven anytime soon so why get rid of a guy who guarantees you 8th-13th?

Of the teams in it, perhaps Norwich City if they sack their manager would be a good bet. A good-sized club who don't have over-ambitious supporters who would put pressure on the owners to sack him.

I'm struggling to see who else? Stoke if they have a disastrious start? Unlikely. Leicester? Reckon they'll stick with Nigel Pearson who in fairness did an awesome job in the last two months of the season.

Sunderland are another who are too ambitious. He'd be sacked there after two years of boring, but safe midtable football.

Why do people insist on calling him 'Big' Sam. Why not Sam Allardyce? I have no idea why but it annoys me.

I cannot recall people using it when he was playing and from standing close to him on a few occasions when he was managing Notts County, he isn't abnormally tall or big by professional footballing standards.  

Perhaps we should use an adjective before all of the managers to describe their look or personality.

Archived