SIGNED: Alex Pearce

Cam

Alex Pearce signing prediction  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can usually tell whether you're on to a winner or not by the fans reaction. 

Reading fans range from 'his okay' to 'his not a footballer' 

I feel that I may need to send Evans an email with a list of targets and tell him to chuck his in the bin. 

I feel that I may need to send Evans an email with a list of targets and tell him to chuck his in the bin. 

​Why does your avatar look at first glance like Darth Vader but on second glance is a stylistic (artists impression) of a Hippie Chick :huh:

Apologies to the female Rams (sheep) for using Chick

​maybe you should tell them that hi is a he, as in "he's okay" and "he's not a footballer"...

Hard to find many positive comments about him purely by searching his name on Twitter.

Would give us CB options of RCB - Keogh/Albentosa LCB - Buxton/Pearce. Rawson and Shotton can also fill in at CB. I feel that's enough in numbers although I wouldn't be against one leaving to accommodate another CB.

Hard to find many positive comments about him purely by searching his name on Twitter.

Would give us CB options of RCB - Keogh/Albentosa LCB - Buxton/Pearce. Rawson and Shotton can also fill in at CB. I feel that's enough in numbers although I wouldn't be against one leaving to accommodate another CB.

​Think 1 or 2 will be going....

​Think 1 or 2 will be going....

​Who? In your opinion of course...

Can't see Albentosa leaving, especially with a coach with experience of the Spanish league. If he's as good as his ratings and reviews suggested in the half a season he spent in La Liga, Clement would clearly have been aware of it therefore should know how good he can be. Keogh and Buxton would be the obvious ones, although with Keogh recently signing a new contract, it would take an offer we feel is fair and for that club to be either to equal or better what he's on now. Not sure anyone else in our league would be prepared to do that. Buxton possible, again not sure about his contract situation.

I'm not too fussed about Shotton staying or going. If he stays we have a RB back-up to Christie, presuming no new RB is brought in. Although I'm much more comfortable about Shotton at CB, where we'd have more than enough options so not sure where he'd get a game.

Played every game in 2011/2012 when Reading won the league and had the best defensive record so he obviously has what it takes

​Who? In your opinion of course...

Can't see Albentosa leaving, especially with a coach with experience of the Spanish league. If he's as good as his ratings and reviews suggested in the half a season he spent in La Liga, Clement would clearly have been aware of it therefore should know how good he can be. Keogh and Buxton would be the obvious ones, although with Keogh recently signing a new contract, it would take an offer we feel is fair and for that club to be either to equal or better what he's on now. Not sure anyone else in our league would be prepared to do that. Buxton possible, again not sure about his contract situation.

I'm not too fussed about Shotton staying or going. If he stays we have a RB back-up to Christie, presuming no new RB is brought in. Although I'm much more comfortable about Shotton at CB, where we'd have more than enough options so not sure where he'd get a game.

​Keogh and Bucko... Unless Rawson go out on loan for a season but I cannot see Bucko want to be a 'backup' though. Shotton will be fighting for a right back spot with Christie anyway, we cannot have TOO many defender imo.

Played every game in 2011/2012 when Reading won the league and had the best defensive record so he obviously has what it takes

​Won player of the year that season.

​Asked a friend of mine who supports Reading about him and this is what he said:

"He played LCB to accommodate Hector, but was at his best when Gorkss was here when he played RCB. Can play both to a decent level tbh. Would be interesting to know what wages he gets with you, seeing as here he was on like 20k ish I believe."

So it looks like we're signing another centre back who is decent on the left side, but really should be playing on the right side if we want to get the best from him :ermm:

Archived