SIGNED: Alex Pearce

Cam

Alex Pearce signing prediction  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Asked a friend of mine who supports Reading about him and this is what he said:

"He played LCB to accommodate Hector, but was at his best when Gorkss was here when he played RCB. Can play both to a decent level tbh. Would be interesting to know what wages he gets with you, seeing as here he was on like 20k ish I believe."

So it looks like we're signing another centre back who is decent on the left side, but really should be playing on the right side if we want to get the best from him :ermm:

​Assuming he is right footed then?

I preferred it when we had a left footer (minus Forsyth) playing on the left.

Assuming he is right footed then?

​He's left footed but does use right footed sometimes.

Surely it's not beyond the realms of possibility that when all a footballer has to do is train / play football they could learn to use their other foot to some degree of usefulness?!

There doesn't seem to be the same fuss made about left / right footed central midfielders as we make about CBs either...

but back on topic - find it odd being linked with players when we have no manager who's supposed to have the final say. The last time we dabbled without a manager we ended up with Whitbread! Shall try to give him the benefit of the doubt though if we do sign him.

Is anybody else worried that we seem to signing CBs for quantity rather than quality? We had Shotton, Keogh, Buxton, Whitbread and Albentosa last year and yet we didn't have a settled partnership nor did any of them look entirely convincing. I do believe that if we were to sign a confident, commanding centre half whoever was to partner that player would look 10x better, as Keogh (who was undroppable last year) seems to spread panic across the back four. 

​Assuming he is right footed then?

Does it really matter what footed he is? I am right footed and can play LCB no problems. Our other player who plays there is also right footed and has no problems either.

Does it really matter what footed he is? I am right footed and can play LCB no problems. Our other player who plays there is also right footed and has no problems either.

​nip up to Moor Farm with a up to date CV.

I'd prefer Michael Hector if we're going after a Reading CB but there you go...

We could dig out the old chant.

Is anybody else worried that we seem to signing CBs for quantity rather than quality? We had Shotton, Keogh, Buxton, Whitbread and Albentosa last year and yet we didn't have a settled partnership nor did any of them look entirely convincing. I do believe that if we were to sign a confident, commanding centre half whoever was to partner that player would look 10x better, as Keogh (who was undroppable last year) seems to spread panic across the back four. 

Bucko did.

​If you watch the rest of the division, I'd beg to differ.

Keogh and Buxton are within the top 20, maybe 15, of this division - I assure you. 

Possibly, but they're still nothing special - as I said. Far too error prone, although so is the rest of our defence.

Possibly, but they're still nothing special - as I said. Far too error prone, although so is the rest of our defence.

The sh*ttest, laziest, most nonsensical, pure b*llocks criticism you can ever make of a CB is that they're 'too error prone'. What does it actually f*cking mean?!?

Is every time we concede a goal an error? In that case, you'd only be happy with 5/6 CB partnerships in the entire world, and even then, people say Cahill/Terry are the best PL CB's of an average lot.

And even then, there was a point before Bucko got injured that we'd conceded something like the 2nd or 3rd least goals in the league? Not a clue how we managed that being so bloody error prone.

Where do we draw the line between a goal being a defensive error or down to the quality of the striker? Was Messi's dink against Bayern his quality shining through or Boateng being error prone? You can examine every goal to death and say what a defender could have done better. If a Bayern player had stood on the goal line where Messi eventually put his dink for 90 minutes, he'd never have scored it.

Is Martin too error prone for not scoring every single shot he has?

I'm 90% sure that what most people don't like about Keogh and Bucko is that some times Keogh doesn't look entirely stable on the ball, even though he is, and that neither of them are 6'4 and built like brick sh*thouses.

Sorry have a worryingly Alpha-esque rant at you, but that phrasing really gets on my tits.

While we had a thread of togetherness and round pegs in round holes, our defence notched up 8 clean sheets in 9 games. Bucko and Keogh at centre half. They're perfectly sound. We all want better, in all positions, but lets not be too critical of good honest professionals like them.

The sh*ttest, laziest, most nonsensical, pure b*llocks criticism you can ever make of a CB is that they're 'too error prone'. What does it actually f*cking mean?!?

Is every time we concede a goal an error? In that case, you'd only be happy with 5/6 CB partnerships in the entire world, and even then, people say Cahill/Terry are the best PL CB's of an average lot.

And even then, there was a point before Bucko got injured that we'd conceded something like the 2nd or 3rd least goals in the league? Not a clue how we managed that being so bloody error prone.

Where do we draw the line between a goal being a defensive error or down to the quality of the striker? Was Messi's dink against Bayern his quality shining through or Boateng being error prone? You can examine every goal to death and say what a defender could have done better. If a Bayern player had stood on the goal line where Messi eventually put his dink for 90 minutes, he'd never have scored it.

Is Martin too error prone for not scoring every single shot he has?

I'm 90% sure that what most people don't like about Keogh and Bucko is that some times Keogh doesn't look entirely stable on the ball, even though he is, and that neither of them are 6'4 and built like brick sh*thouses.

Sorry have a worryingly Alpha-esque rant at you, but that phrasing really gets on my tits.

Hope your going out for a drink tonight

Archived