SIGNED: Alex Pearce

Cam

Alex Pearce signing prediction  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATM we have Keogh bucko albentosa and shotton who can play CB . Pearcewould give us 5.  That should be enough unless we decide to get rid of someone, although maybe Keogh or shotton might be needed to cover at RB. 

In which case I'd sell Bucko, and bring in Dunk. A player who can play on the left, has a lot more time on his side, and doesn't have a reputation for being a liability. With a bit of work, Forsyth, (LB cover), Pearce. Keogh, Dunk, Shotton and Christie would make up a solid enough back line. 

Maybe bring in a new keeper if the funds are available? And obviously, Guediuora please. (I'm going to keep suggesting until it happens...)

In which case I'd sell Bucko, and bring in Dunk. A player who can play on the left, has a lot more time on his side, and doesn't have a reputation for being a liability. With a bit of work, Forsyth, (LB cover), Pearce. Keogh, Dunk, Shotton and Christie would make up a solid enough back line. 

Maybe bring in a new keeper if the funds are available? And obviously, Guediuora please. (I'm going to keep suggesting until it happens...)

I've got to pull you up on that. Bucko a liability? Yet Shotton and Christie make your grade? Hmm.

​The only reason that Bucko 'has a reputation for being a liability' is that certain people made their minds up about him before they ever saw him play, and are so inherently insecure that they cannot ever admit that they were wrong then and are still wrong six years later, even to themselves.

​Burn him, Burn him

Sell Bucko ? Are you insane

People still have the 'liability' idea of Jake Buxton because it's old Jake Buxton, from Mansfield, signed from Burton.

Had he came to the club as Jacób Buccentosa, the fantastic centre back from Eibar, and performed no different than he has, the view would be extremely different.

People still have the 'liability' idea of Jake Buxton because it's old Jake Buxton, from Mansfield, signed from Burton.

Had he came to the club as Jacób Buccentosa, the fantastic centre back from Eibar, and performed no different than he has, the view would be extremely different.

​Oh for god's sake, that is absolute rubbish.

I really wish people would stop saying this -  it's not even true. Most of us will have seen him play in some capacity and will have formed an opinion on him that way, which, strangely enough, they're entitled to. I mean, do you actually think people sit there and consider his background and where he was brought up when deciding if they rate him or not? Honestly, that's bordering on bigotry.

In fact, this type of comment judging people who judge Bucko is actually more prevalent than those orginally judging Bucko. It's become one of those bandwagons we often see on here that people seem to love jumping on, especially when it involves a moral high ground of some sort.

And, for the record, I actually rate him. I'd be selling Shotton and Albentosa long before I'd want to sell Keogh or Buxton.

​Oh for god's sake, that is absolute rubbish.

I really wish people would stop saying this -  it's not even true. Most of us will have seen him play in some capacity and will have formed an opinion on him that way, which, strangely enough, they're entitled to. I mean, do you actually think people sit there and consider his background and where he was brought up when deciding if they rate him or not? Honestly, that's bordering on bigotry.

In fact, this type of comment judging people who judge Bucko is actually more prevalent than those orginally judging Bucko. It's become one of those bandwagons we often see on here that people seem to love jumping on, especially when it involves a moral high ground of some sort.

And, for the record, I actually rate him. I'd be selling Shotton and Albentosa long before I'd want to sell Keogh or Buxton.

Give over. You think the fact he's come from Burton and not some continental side doesn't impact opinions on him?

If Clement had come as assistant manager at Leicester would people be raving as much? He could be exactly the same coach but people will be influenced by their background.

I'm sorry but to say I'm bordering on a bigot for suggesting that may be the case clearly lays you out as an absolute moron in my eyes.

If Clement had come as assistant manager at Leicester would people be raving as much? He could be exactly the same coach but people will be influenced by their background.

​Start off by saying I like Bucko and think he's our best defender.

But this example is wrong. If Clement came from Leicester, he wouldn't have a La Liga win and rave reviews from some of the world's best behind him, so of course that makes a difference. For your point to be valid, you'd have to argue on the hypothetical of if Clement had only worked in English clubs but had similar roles. Leicester isn't a fair comparison, since when were they England's answer to Real Madrid and PSG? Lets try: in addition to his already existing assistant role at Chelsea, if he'd followed Ancelotti to Manchester United and Arsenal too, would people be raving as much?

The answer is yes. Yes they would.

Archived