what a shambles!

Isn't it time to stop all this? We all know that eddie's a ******** but he's our ********. The one thing that glues us all together is the fact that we all support Derby

​You don't need to labour the point - one star is enough, sixteen is overkill.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady on mate.  We simply don't know enough about what's going on and whether there are negotiations still going on (seems like it as there is no formal statement yet).  Sit tight before maligning anyone.  It will all come out in the wash.

​If there's comp agreements in place, the wash may take 12 months or more to come out. In which case we'll be on to slagging someone else off by then.

Boooooo..........corporate entertainment officers and pie sellers out (etc)

​He proved his worth as far as Derby County are concerned.

I would have thought that as a true Rams fan you would have realised that, but perhaps you have a short memory.

Respect has to be earned.

Ah but thankfully I'm not a Guardian reader so The Conn man doesn't feature in my life

​You don't need to labour the point - one star is enough, sixteen is overkill.

Blimey. You've got nothing better to do than count how many stars are there? And what I called you wasn't bad enough to warrant any stars really

All facing a long weekend here, spawning or yawning at the tedious spats arising, if that's your thang :blink:.

Sure to find more interesting things to do of a Bank Holiday!

It seemingly boils down to the status of Newcastle United on Sunday evening, hence the determined silence from true sources.

Departures, statements, compensation, press conferences, replacements....all wildly exciting stuff for us to anticipate next week.

Meanwhile, the remaining two Championship clubs in the frame for glory this season - Middlesbrough and Norwich - get on with the real business, which we were so much looking forward to ourselves this time last year.

Would laugh my @rse off, though, if the Toon are relegated! :lol:

​What do you know?

You're asleep when everyone else is awake.

People sleep for around 8 hours a day (depending on the person it can be a bit more or a lot less). The day is 24 hours. From this we can conclude that at the very least, assuming no overlap with sleeping times, that I'm awake for at least 8 hours while most on here are awake. ​

That said, I have absolutely no idea why you feel that holds any relevance. I guess you're just having a jab because you didn't like my comment. I have no idea why you wouldn't though. Surely a well educated, smart person such as you profess to be would both know and understand that arguments stand on their own, not on the shoulders of who makes them. 

Ah but thankfully I'm not a Guardian reader so The Conn man doesn't feature in my life

​If it hadn't been for him and his astute investigative journalism, Jeremy Keith might still have been in charge. I know that others had a huge hand in bringing the reign of the Amigos to an end, but Conn's exposés served as a welcome focus and convinced many waverers that there was indeed trouble at t'mill.

People sleep for around 8 hours a day (depending on the person it can be a bit more or a lot less). The day is 24 hours. From this we can conclude that at the very least, assuming no overlap with sleeping times, that I'm awake for at least 8 hours while most on here are awake. ​

That said, I have absolutely no idea why you feel that holds any relevance. I guess you're just having a jab because you didn't like my comment. I have no idea why you wouldn't though. Surely a well educated, smart person such as you profess to be would both know and understand that arguments stand on their own, not on the shoulders of who makes them. 

​You over-estimate and are over-analysing my motives.

I'm taking the mickey out of everybody purely and simply because I can, in the absence of any news from iPro.

People, and I include you in this, take themselves and their opinions far too seriously. Frankly, 90% of what I read on here is garbage, and of that, probably half of it is mine.

Oh, wait….

I'm sure it's not this simple, but if one of my key employees had 2 years to run on his (or her) contract and I was considering some form of payout, I'd try to keep him on gardening leave and thereby stop him taking another role elsewhere - unless the new destination was prepared to cough up some compensation, in which case I would agree a compromise deal.  Meantime, I can hire the replacement.  As I say, it won't be that simple though! 

Would laugh my @rse off, though, if the Toon are relegated! :lol:

​Don't laugh too loudly, Mac could end up not going to them if they go down, meaning definitely no compensation for us, guaranteed. 

I'm sure it's not this simple, but if one of my key employees had 2 years to run on his (or her) contract and I was considering some form of payout, I'd try to keep him on gardening leave and thereby stop him taking another role elsewhere - unless the new destination was prepared to cough up some compensation, in which case I would agree a compromise deal.  Meantime, I can hire the replacement.  As I say, it won't be that simple though! 

​still got to pay the salary though.  I guess McC won't want to be out of action that long though

​If it hadn't been for him and his astute investigative journalism, Jeremy Keith might still have been in charge. I know that others had a huge hand in bringing the reign of the Amigos to an end, but Conn's exposés served as a welcome focus and convinced many waverers that there was indeed trouble at t'mill.

Yep  know him. I read The Beautiful Game, and think he was involved in bringing the Hillsborough case to conclusion 

but he's still a Guardian writer

Yep  know him. I read The Beautiful Game, and think he was involved in bringing the Hillsborough case to conclusion 

but he's still a Guardian writer

​My local MP is still a Tory, but I have the utmost respect for his integrity (I don't have to agree with someone to respect them and their beliefs) and gratitude for what he did for me.

:lol:

I actually recoiled in disbelief that you actually responded seriously to this!!

:lol:

I actually recoiled in disbelief that you actually responded seriously to this!!

I mentioned Gestalt psychology yesterday (I think - I may have been waffling at the time).

It's a well-known misnomer that Koffka said "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts". He didn't. He said "The whole is other than the sum of its parts". It's worth bearing that in mind when reading some of my posts on here at the moment (and that's not a dig at Albert - consider it my daily contribution to the art of self-deprecation) - I'm trying to bring the average down (or up, dependent upon your point of view).

I mentioned Gestalt psychology yesterday (I think - I may have been waffling at the time).

It's a well-known misnomer that Koffka said "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts". He didn't. He said "The whole is other than the sum of its parts". It's worth bearing that in mind when reading some of my posts on here at the moment (and that's not a dig at Albert - consider it my daily contribution to the art of self-deprecation) - I'm trying to bring the average down (or up, dependent upon your point of view).

​I know Albert is usually quite "switched on", but maybe his pisstake-detector needs re-calibrating! 

Unless he's reverse double-bluffing and answered ironically!

​I know Albert is usually quite "switched on", but maybe his pisstake-detector needs re-calibrating! 

Unless he's reverse double-bluffing and answered ironically!

​I don't know, my favourite response to a pisstake is a completely serious answer as it muddies the waters quite nicely. It also allows for some fun discussions that end up making less than no sense. 

PistoldPete2

Anyway, as we were... I don't think this is a shambles.... If we are going to change manager at all lets do it early in the close season. I don't make any judgements on whether it's right to sack the manager, depends who we get instead. 

Archived