what a shambles!

I don't think you lot have any experience working for a corporate, or in public relations and/or journalism.

If they weren't true and journalists were writing the stories then that's liable. ITS AGAINST THEN LAW. The journalist would have been sued.

​Think you mean libel there BR, not liable.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you lot have any experience working for a corporate, or in public relations and/or journalism.

If they weren't true and journalists were writing the stories then that's liable. ITS AGAINST THEN LAW. The journalist would have been sued.

If they weren't true then Derby would have just laughed them off and came out with clear statements.

To be naive and think that online message boards influence real life decisions like this then you might as well live your life on a message board. 

You are giving to much importance to the average Joe online who really has no say in what goes on. But don't tell him that, he will realise that his life is worthless.

​I work in public relations, although I feel most of this isn't aimed at me in particular.

I don't think the message boards affect anything. My gripe is just the fans last night and this morning blaming the club for the "circus" of the whole him being sacked, then him not being sacked, when a lot of fans were tweeting he had gone before getting confirmation. Then complaining because they knew it had made them look stupid. Thats all I have a problem with.

If they weren't true then Derby would have just laughed them off and came out with clear statement.

To be naive and think that online message boards influence real life decisions like this then you might as well live your life on a message board. 

You are giving too much importance to the average Joe online who really has no say in what goes on. But don't tell him that, he will realise that his life is worthless.

​Who's being naive now? Lambeth council banning black bin liners anyone?

If they weren't true then Derby would have just laughed them off and came out with clear statement.

You are giving too much importance to the average Joe online who really has no say in what goes on. But don't tell him that, he will realise that his life is worthless.

​I think that the word you are looking for is 'libel'. If you don't know that, then you are hardly in a position to lecture others on what is or what is not the law. Furthermore, you seem to be trying to give the impression that you do have experience working for a 'corporate, in public relations and/or journalism' at a level where you do have such knowledge.

I call shenanigans.

​he's 100% spot on accurate, If it was actually possible to be 110% or 120% spot on, he would be.

I put an article together in January about fans hounding McClaren out, and it's virtually come true.

Fact is, if McClaren said no to Newcastle or if McClaren didn't even speak to Newcastle, he didn't leave ffs!

The fans should have spent their energy getting behind the team and supporting us to glory, but instead focussed on what "might" happen after the season has ended, What was the point in that? What purpose did it serve? what were those fans trying to achieve with their "he's definitely off to Newcastle!" stance?

All said and done, the good feeling was wiped out when it needn't have been. Although they failed in the end, Brentford fans still managed to stay in the then 'present' regardless of who would be future manager.

Derby fans should've stayed in the then 'present' and kept the feelgood factor going.

People like to speculate, it became a snowball effect and escalated into the main focus of the season, rather than what should have been the main priority...promotion.

its easy to say that was to blame, but let's say for arguments sake he stays, what next rumours start that the relationship between him and simmo, as you pointed out on another thread, are strained.  There is no evidence of this, but you are quite happy to put your point across based,why is this any different? 

I'm not 100% certain of British law on the matter, but my understanding of it was that if you can prove that it's reasonable that you actually thought something was true, and presented it as such, it's not liable. For example, if you genuinely believe that the Prime Minister is a lizard in disguise you can't actually be done for saying it. If what the media are saying is that "We understand that Steve McClaren's fate is to be decided, and it has been reported that Clement is to replace him", even if that turns out to not be true in the slightest there isn't an issue. 

People like to speculate, it became a snowball effect and escalated into the main focus of the season, rather than what should have been the main priority...promotion.

its easy to say that was to blame, but let's say for arguments sake he stays, what next rumours start that the relationship between him and simmo, as you pointed out on another thread, are strained.  There is no evidence of this, but you are quite happy to put your point across based,why is this any different? 

​oooh touche!

Strain on a relationship within a club are part and parcel of football. Everyone falls out but remain professional. It's hardly a rumour I'm starting is it. Just my perception, as I clearly stated, and I also said I have no evidence too, so only a more-on would take what I said and run with it as fact! 

The main difference, since you (surprisingly) have to ask is that one example is passed of as FACT(S) and the other (mine) was passed off as observation/perception.

​No, I suggested that the party you professed to support had members who were fascists.

Which party would that be? I seem to remember you calling the Tories fascist. What's the point in pretending your comment had a level of refinement that youre not even capable of? 

Are you actually expecting me to believe that a person who calls someone an idiot for no particular reason would say something like 'there is an overrepresentation of fascist beliefs amongst Conservative politicians'? No. Tories are fascists. That's what you said. Own it.

Can people please stop talking how they think they're smarter than others, how they're amazing at what they do, how they think that they know more about such. Opinions are worth less than results of the wiping previously discussed by Eddie without backing. Your background, and how you perceive your own intelligence has nothing to do with how right you are. Even the most intelligent can be completely and entirely wrong. If you think you're right, present it as a coherent argument with some backing, don't just state "I am very smart" and hope that gets your point across. It doesn't, if anything it only demonstrates that you have no basis for your statements. 

Can people please stop talking how they think they're smarter than others, how they're amazing at what they do, how they think that they know more about such. Opinions are worth less than results of the wiping previously discussed by Eddie without backing. Your background, and how you perceive your own intelligence has nothing to do with how right you are. Even the most intelligent can be completely and entirely wrong. If you think you're right, present it as a coherent argument with some backing, don't just state "I am very smart" and hope that gets your point across. It doesn't, if anything it only demonstrates that you have no basis for your statements. 

Yeah, but what's your IQ?

Any graphs to back this up?

Which party would that be? I seem to remember you calling the Tories fascist. What's the point in pretending your comment had a level of refinement that youre not even capable of? 

Are you actually expecting me to believe that a person who calls someone an idiot for no particular reason would say something like 'there is an overrepresentation of fascist beliefs amongst Conservative politicians'? No. Tories are fascists. That's what you said. Own it.

​You are so attractive when you are angry.

Do you want a date?

I like the fact that eddie's favourite journalist is David Conn. What a great name for a journalist

​He proved his worth as far as Derby County are concerned.

I would have thought that as a true Rams fan you would have realised that, but perhaps you have a short memory.

Respect has to be earned.

Isn't it time to stop all this? We all know that eddie's a ******** but he's our ********. The one thing that glues us all together is the fact that we all support Derby

​What do you know?

You're asleep when everyone else is awake.

Archived