Raheem Sterling

LesterRam

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His agent is clearly saying he doesn't want to stay at any price, so if that's true then he can't be purely a money grabber and there must be another reason why he's wanting out. If there is a genuine reason for it then he's entitled to have a go at those who were attacking him a few weeks ago for being greedy.

What exactly has Sterling and his agent done wrong here? They rejected the bid because they don't want to be at Liverpool anymore. The club are clearly putting pressure on the player and stories have already come out claiming he's a money-seeking so and so.

There is a simpler answer to it all. Sterling wants to move back to London, or even abroad. Liverpool can play him all they want, but he's not staying. That's not disloyal, that's just stating you want to move.

What exactly has Sterling and his agent done wrong here? They rejected the bid because they don't want to be at Liverpool anymore. The club are clearly putting pressure on the player and stories have already come out claiming he's a money-seeking so and so.

There is a simpler answer to it all. Sterling wants to move back to London, or even abroad. Liverpool can play him all they want, but he's not staying. That's not disloyal, that's just stating you want to move.

They could show some decorum and not release such a stupid statement. 

They could show some decorum and not release such a stupid statement. 

​Which statement? I'd be pretty annoyed if I was Sterling and the perception was I'm a greedy 20-year-old after more money. I think they're just trying to state that he wants to leave the club.

Liverpool fans may not like it, but I'd have more respect for someone desperate to leave (for whatever reason) than one who spouts all that stuff and then signs a new massive money-spinning deal like Gerrard, Rooney and Suarez did.

He cannot move to London or anywhere while Liverpool hold his registration. And that's going to cost silly money. 

The only reason these things end in the player's favour is that the club simply loses the will once a stupid offer is made. At the moment, Fenway Sports is in no mood to give in. 

The club is apparently incandescent over this. 

​What have they done wrong? They have signed a contract which it now appears they have no intention of honouring. If I were Liverpool I would say 'if its not about the money then pay us back every penny you have earned from this contract you signed and then f**k off'.

If I sign a 12 month contract with Sky I can't just decide after 6 months that Virgin are showing better programmes and just move to them.

​What have they done wrong? They have signed a contract which it now appears they have no intention of honouring. If I were Liverpool I would say 'if its not about the money then pay us back every penny you have earned from this contract you signed and then f**k off'.

If I sign a 12 month contract with Sky I can't just decide after 6 months that Virgin are showing better programmes and just move to them.

​He's not decided that. The options are either he sees out the rest of his contract and then leaves for free, or someone buys him this summer. It's not like he's saying he wants to leave for free this summer.

cancelled the meeting - good move

make him play for a year  - on his existing contract......then sell him.

Teach the greedy person a lesson.......

Not to defend Sterling, but do you know what greedy means?

​You can but you'd have to convince Virgin to buy out the remainder of your Sky contract

​Why is Sterling greedy?

​Because he wants more than £100,000 per week to play football. I'm not even interested in the "it's all relative" argument when wages get past that point. Once you've hit that kind of money there can be no argument about getting the best deal to secure your future because it's already secured. Even a two year deal at that sets you up to live very nicely indeed. Am I meant to feel empathy for the little git because he can't quite afford a private island in the Caribbean?

In truth, it isn't really fair to single Sterling out. It is disgraceful how much players and agents are raking in on the whole, but until we all cancel our Sky subscriptions the only way to vent our anger at the system is to rail against particularly greedy individuals that represent the worst excesses. The same happened to Cole and Rooney when they pushed for big money.

​Because he wants more than £100,000 per week to play football. I'm not even interested in the "it's all relative" argument when wages get past that point. Once you've hit that kind of money there can be no argument about getting the best deal to secure your future because it's already secured. Even a two year deal at that sets you up to live very nicely indeed. Am I meant to feel empathy for the little git because he can't quite afford a private island in the Caribbean?

In truth, it isn't really fair to single Sterling out. It is disgraceful how much players and agents are raking in on the whole, but until we all cancel our Sky subscriptions the only way to vent our anger at the system is to rail against particularly greedy individuals that represent the worst excesses. The same happened to Cole and Rooney when they pushed for big money.

​But his agent said that no amount of money will make him stay, which suggests that money isn't the issue. If I was Sterling, I would ideally look to stay at Liverpool for another two years but if he wants to win immediately, that's his choice. 

I'll compare it to LeBron James leaving Cleveland for Miami. Loads of people had him down as a money grabber, but in reality, he was actually earning less money in Miami (marginally). He wanted to win, and it worked out pretty well for him.

​But his agent said that no amount of money will make him stay, which suggests that money isn't the issue. If I was Sterling, I would ideally look to stay at Liverpool for another two years but if he wants to win immediately, that's his choice. 

I'll compare it to LeBron James leaving Cleveland for Miami. Loads of people had him down as a money grabber, but in reality, he was actually earning less money in Miami (marginally). He wanted to win, and it worked out pretty well for him.

​I'll be amazed if Sterling signs a contract with another club where he's getting less than 100k/week. Also, where does he think he's going to go where he can win trophies and actually get in the team?

Archived