some Derby fans, embarrassing.

Mostyn6

Mostyn moaning that drunk people say stupid things. In other news, Pope still Catholic.

​I do despair for you young 'uns and your inability to do the simplest things (like read and interpret things), your attention span is worryingly pitiful and I wonder how you survive in such a brutal and cruel world. I blame E numbers.

I bet you're a regular at McDonalds.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I'm sure that there was an element of that, but Mostyn is open-minded enough to suggest that those who think that there is one reason and one reason only, and that reason being entirely down to there being 'no smoke without fire' are about two slices short of a full loaf.

I disagree Eddie, quite the opposite.

Mostyn has a campaign running that is it the fans who are to blame and seems to think that a number of other factors - team selection, injuries, the Newcastle stuff, formation etc - have nothing to do with.

Rather than accepting that a number of different factors have all influenced what has happened, he seems to think it is the fans fault, and has been banging that drum for a while. Hence the title thread and his criticism of anyone else who thinks differently to him. Open minded he is not.

Mostyn has a campaign running that is it the fans who are to blame and seems to think that a number of other factors - team selection, injuries, the Newcastle stuff, formation etc - have nothing to do with.

Rather than accepting that a number of different factors have all influenced what has happened, he seems to think it is the fans fault, and has been banging that drum for a while. Hence the title thread and his criticism of anyone else who thinks differently to him. Open minded he is not.

​hardly a campaign.

Rather than dismiss it because it's me saying it, try taking a step back and thinking about it, engage your brain maybe.

This is something that the club will never properly complain about, but every now and then, will be alluded to in the heat of the moment. 

I have my contacts, but I don't pretend to be ITK, but anyone who knows me knows that I generally get quite a bit of opinion from inside the club. As @Daveo ridiculed me at the time, (in January), I posted an article about the fans uprising against McClaren and how the negativity would take it's toll on the players and ultimately the manager. Sadly that article was lost in Codezero's wipeout, but I'm sure Daveo can still access it. 

My 'campaign' as you put it, is simply trying to highlight that the most important thing in a footballer's makeup (aside of ability to kick a ball) is inner belief/confidence. Most players get that from feeling part of something and that they have the support of their fans.

The way some players have been treated this season has been worse than the way fans treated the relegation team of 2007/08, and that's before the capitulation.

I admit injuries, unsuitable formations and selections are factors, but they don't make a player forget how to kick a ball ten yards do they?!

South stand was entertaining v Reading.

"Loan players have come in and done nothing since joining, (shouts this bit) they're not bothered about promotion"

Russell brought down, Bent steps up for the penalty. Same bloke behind us...

"(Shouts) Come on Benty, he's been a cracking player for us, if we don't sign him Mac's a clown"

Again, same bloke....

"Is Ibe still injured? Why haven't we been playing him, send him back to Liverpool the crock"

South stand was entertaining v Reading.

"Loan players have come in and done nothing since joining, (shouts this bit) they're not bothered about promotion"

Russell brought down, Bent steps up for the penalty. Same bloke behind us...

"(Shouts) Come on Benty, he's been a cracking player for us, if we don't sign him Mac's a clown"

Again, same bloke....

"Is Ibe still injured? Why haven't we been playing him, send him back to Liverpool the crock"

You met Mostyn on Saturday?

did he buy you a McDonalds?

​hardly a campaign.

Rather than dismiss it because it's me saying it, try taking a step back and thinking about it, engage your brain maybe.

This is something that the club will never properly complain about, but every now and then, will be alluded to in the heat of the moment. 

I have my contacts, but I don't pretend to be ITK, but anyone who knows me knows that I generally get quite a bit of opinion from inside the club. As @Daveo ridiculed me at the time, (in January), I posted an article about the fans uprising against McClaren and how the negativity would take it's toll on the players and ultimately the manager. Sadly that article was lost in Codezero's wipeout, but I'm sure Daveo can still access it. 

My 'campaign' as you put it, is simply trying to highlight that the most important thing in a footballer's makeup (aside of ability to kick a ball) is inner belief/confidence. Most players get that from feeling part of something and that they have the support of their fans.

The way some players have been treated this season has been worse than the way fans treated the relegation team of 2007/08, and that's before the capitulation.

I admit injuries, unsuitable formations and selections are factors, but they don't make a player forget how to kick a ball ten yards do they?!

​Neither does taking a bit of stick. I agree those who abuse the players on twitter etc are ******, and I'm as fed up as anyone at the moaning ******** behind me, so much so that I'm considering moving seats next season.

I also think that the real grief that you are alluding to is isolated in the wider aspect of 28,000 people inside a stadium and a whole city backing its football club.

For every idiot, there are loads more who want autographs, selfies and praise the players. It may not seem like it on here, but us cyber-clowns don't really represent the wider football fanbase so things become distorted.

The whole fan thing that you keep going on about is relevant and is a factor, but a smaller factor imo to others. On that I guess we have to agree to disagree!

​I do despair for you young 'uns and your inability to do the simplest things (like read and interpret things), your attention span is worryingly pitiful and I wonder how you survive in such a brutal and cruel world. I blame E numbers.

I bet you're a regular at McDonalds.

I'm not, I've got an asbo.

I don't think I could disagree more.

It is quite clear to me that what Mostyn has pointed out is the utter hypocrisy of fans who think that it is perfectly all right to abuse players and management alike, yet those fans themselves cannot take any form of criticism at all.

You fall into that last category, as you have demonstrated recently. Narrow-minded to the extreme.

Some bizarre posts.

I must have badly mis-judged one or two here to think they're decent friendly folk.

All i see is cheap nastiness and bitterness at every angle.

Not sure what exactly Vulcan has said/done wrong, but there you go. it's still early yet, lots of time for more sniping still to come.

Q

​ I've NEVER ever ever ever heard of any team at the top of the league and winning games being subjected to such criticism from their OWN fans.

Imagine for instance if Richard Keogh stays. What is that poor bloke going to have to put up with via twitter/forums/fans at games etc. He stands NO chance. Makes me very sad as a Rams fan

Um......who is it who who keeps on slagging off keogh? 

M.....mos?......i can't remember.

Imagine for instance if Richard Keogh stays. What is that poor bloke going to have to put up with via twitter/forums/fans at games etc. He stands NO chance. Makes me very sad as a Rams fan.

Add to that Forsyth and Christie

Imagine for instance if Richard Keogh stays. What is that poor bloke going to have to put up with via twitter/forums/fans at games etc. He stands NO chance. Makes me very sad as a Rams fan.

I think Keogh will leave...totally unappreciated . Fact he will leave as unappreciated and fans complain how he captains team, blame him for lots of things that are clearly not his fault (eg florists winner)

Keogh departure will be a blow for team mates....and reason for his departure will affect the players.

very worrying tines.....and worry will not go away...as even if we go many games unbeaten, without conceding a goal ...we will still.moan at players. If Wembley affected them...a mad 30seconds of play ......then definitely crap Las 12 games will affect our players.

coupled to.fact we played hopelessly ...throughout the team...and could.not pick our ball players (Christie and Forsyth ) in their true positions as the crowd were convincing then that they were rubbish ( I despaired at having Keogh, shotton and warnick at full back)

Archived