some Derby fans, embarrassing.

Mostyn6

There was someone on Twitter earlier, who came to the conclusion that releasing Jamie Ward MUST mean that rumours of a fall out between him and McClaren were true.

WHAT FECKING RUMOURS?!?!?

There isn't one and people trying to be itk but failed anyway. Ignore it yeah. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read about 30 times today that the McClaren rumours MUST HAVE unsettled the players and ruined our promotion push.

How can Derby fans think that's true, yet not think being aggressively abused and told you're f*****g **** during matches and in pubs and restaurants by drunk and aggressive Derby "fans", whilst top of the league could never affect the players??

​Easy, Mostyn.

The phrase 'as thick as pigshit' springs to mind.

didn't ask players to play out of position all season.

players,weren't available to play our normal system. We should gave tried a different system. It possibly wouldn't have worked but for me it wouldn't have been as bad as keep trying something that evidently did not work.

Russel on his own up front is horrendous and will unsettle him and damage confidence.

​possibly, but you wouldn't expect the defence to lose so much confidence and make so many errors because other players are injured.

Mostyn, are you saying there's absolutely no fans at other clubs who criticise their team, even if their teams at the top of thier league?

come on, some of our fans are no different to other teams fans. We all have our own idiots, and always have.

if we were all rational, we'd not need prisons and the police would we?

​I was meant to answer your assumption that my opinion of Clough is based on his playing days, and never got around to it.

You couldn't be further from the truth I'm afraid. 

I don't really have a hatred of Forest, never have had. I don't like losing to them. For some reason I hate Leeds, but have a kind of mutual respect for Forest. It may be cos I grew up around Forest fans. They were the glory team (along with Liverpool) when my school mates were picking their teams to support, so no.

As for Clough as a player, I genuinely have no memory of him contributing to Derby losing, except as Derby manager! Most of my time when I was truly paying attention to Derby was when we were in different divisions for starters.

I actually liked what I remember of Nigel as a player. I think he oozed quality and had a great reading of the game and for someone not blessed with extraordinary pace, his record and the goals he scored are very impressive. 

As for so-called Irony, there is none at all, unless you're not actually reading the posts I am writing and did write. Maybe you think I was a more critical than I was of Nigel, but I was certainly never abusive to players faces.

I must admit that I was a bit bemused by that comment as well, because I don't particularly remember him playing against us. 

Would it have been late 80's? We had a decent team for a few years under Coxy, which would have been the only time we were in the same division I would have thought.

having said that my memories of the eighties were very hazy for some reason 

so its nothing to do with tactics or anything then?

​I'm sure that there was an element of that, but Mostyn is open-minded enough to suggest that those who think that there is one reason and one reason only, and that reason being entirely down to there being 'no smoke without fire' are about two slices short of a full loaf.

Mostyn, are you saying there's absolutely no fans at other clubs who criticise their team, even if their teams at the top of thier league?

come on, some of our fans are no different to other teams fans. We all have our own idiots, and always have.

if we were all rational, we'd not need prisons and the police would we?

​I'm saying I've never known it. Hatred, abuse and vitriol whilst winning and top of the league? Cannot think of it. Not even from Newcastle fans or West Ham fans, and they're the pits!

​possibly, but you wouldn't expect the defence to lose so much confidence and make so many errors because other players are injured.

being chopped and change with centre half at full back and full back at centre won't have helped either. Surely it would have been better to play one person out of position at right back rather Tha two?

being chopped and change with centre half at full back and full back at centre won't have helped either. Surely it would have been better to play one person out of position at right back rather Tha two?

​only happened about twice or three times, and the rot had set in by then.

Mostyn, what's your view on Jack o connel or whatever his name is? What about his rant at the club and players?

​baffled by him. If they're his genuine thoughts, he comes across as a fairweather fan, and perhaps should go back to supporting Man United now supporting Derby isn't cool.

​I'm saying I've never known it. Hatred, abuse and vitriol whilst winning and top of the league? Cannot think of it. Not even from Newcastle fans or West Ham fans, and they're the pits!

You need to get out more mate, I know manure fans who slagged off rooney when he was supposed to be going to Chelsea, yet he didn't actually say he was going, but he got abuse from his own fans.

newcastle fans slagging off Pardew when they were top half.

west ham slagging of their manager when they were doing well too.

i can't be arsed to think of any more. That's enough I assume no?

​baffled by him. If they're his genuine thoughts, he comes across as a fairweather fan, and perhaps should go back to supporting Man United now supporting Derby isn't cool.

I can't disagree with that, but it shows you what some people think, how fickle their brains are.

Which game was it was it where Keogh told some of our fans to do 1? After they had trolled his Mrs to the point she had to leave social media. A few of the players mentioned some of the fans obviously have short memories.

im in no way saying a bit of abuse towards the players derailed our season completely but don't can't comprehemd why we do it, we hound our own players, every year there is scape goat I think we've had 3 or 4 this season, it all started with Itonic cheering of Dawkins getting subbed at Wednesday away.

There was a bloke sat next to me on Saturday (he'd never sat there before......shock) labelling Will Hughes as a complete waste of space, granted he didn't have a great game but who did, but how can you label out player of year a waste of space haha

​only happened about twice or three times, and the rot had set in by then.

Whatever the reason Mostyn for the turnaround in our last quarter season performances, McLaren could not halt it. Seemingly incapable of getting us back on track standing watching helpless and hopeless and as I have said on another thread about him, his track record when the wheels fall off is not at all good. It does not inspire me with confidence at all. 

There was a bloke sat next to me on Saturday (he'd never sat there before......shock) labelling Will Hughes as a complete waste of space, granted he didn't have a great game but who did, but how can you label out player of year a waste of space haha

​Maybe he was like a green peace activist who felt he was taking up valuable green belt land, bloody hippy.

so its nothing to do with tactics or anything then?

"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes"....can't remember who said that.

any my good at dominos dav? 

Little bit bemused by this. I seem to keep hearing or reading our players, and loan players, saying what a great set of fans we have got. Now I have been to enough matches to know that we have our share of terrace idiots, and I have been on the internet long enough to know that is the spiritual home of the madman, but I can't agree that Derby have more complaining fans than any other clubs, unless we are counting Rammyboy twice.

Archived