some Derby fans, embarrassing.

Mostyn6

I've read about 30 times today that the McClaren rumours MUST HAVE unsettled the players and ruined our promotion push.

How can Derby fans think that's true, yet not think being aggressively abused and told you're f*****g **** during matches and in pubs and restaurants by drunk and aggressive Derby "fans", whilst top of the league could never affect the players??

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read about 30 times today that the McClaren rumours MUST HAVE unsettled the players and ruined our promotion push.

How can Derby fans think that's true, yet not think being aggressively abused and told you're f*****g **** during matches and in pubs and restaurants by drunk and aggressive Derby "fans", whilst top of the league could never affect the players??

i hate the ' I pay your wages son so I can say what I want' attitude but are our fans any different to other teams'?

so its nothing to do with tactics or anything then?

​if we'd been rubbish all season, I'd buy that theory.

If the players that have clearly lost all enjoyment in playing and confidence hadn't been abused, then maybe.

But tactics that have been consistent for nearly 2 seasons shouldn't all of a sudden affect your confidence!

They're paid a lot of money, a lot of money.

if drunks see them in town, some will have a pop. Some will say hello, some will be too shy.

if you don't want the hassle, keep out of town and social media.

its no different if they went to Nottingham and got seen out.

its just the way it is, that's life and sometimes it's a bitch.

Didn't bother Brentford players.

Didn't Chelsea win the PL under a part time manager? Or have I just made that up? 

To Watford, manager of the month, has an entirely different meaning. 

We had injuries, we didn't get what we deserved when we played well. We got what we deserved when we played badly. Confidence dropped. There was a bit of tinkering. That didn't work either. 

In the end I think the belief joined the form in the bin. Mistakes by everyone. 

Don't think players and managers give as much time to The Mirror and itk twitter accounts as we do. I know some want a deeper meaning but I think belief and enthusiasm fell short by the end. Not intentional. It happens when suddenly everything that works suddenly stops working. 

​Nice to see you've discovered the meaning of the word "fan" Mostyn.

As I've said now on a number of occasions, it's a shame you didn't look up the word in the dictionary two or three years ago.

They're paid a lot of money, a lot of money.

if drunks see them in town, some will have a pop. Some will say hello, some will be too shy.

if you don't want the hassle, keep out of town and social media.

its no different if they went to Nottingham and got seen out.

its just the way it is, that's life and sometimes it's a bitch.

​how do you avoid the blokes on the front row when you're trying to get the ball to take a throw in?

We couldn't cope with the injuries. We couldn't or wouldn't bring in players to replace them. Steve couldn't get the players he had to perform well enough as a team to win games. 

We had desperately bad luck to lose Eustace and Buxton just as we needed that one, solid, calm, leader of men, the one player who would have laid his body on the line for the club, who may have steadied the ship long enough for us to have crawled over the line.

Too many mixed metaphors as well.

Fck all to do with Newcastle or pissed up Derby fans.

​Nice to see you've discovered the meaning of the word "fan" Mostyn.

As I've said now on a number of occasions, it's a shame you didn't look up the word in the dictionary two or three years ago.

​behave troublemaker. We were never at the top of the league when I was critical, and I have NEVER aggressively booed or criticised a player or the manager.

​how do you avoid the blokes on the front row when you're trying to get the ball to take a throw in?

Retire?

what do you suggest?

has a footballer never been abused from the touch line prior to this season?

i don't understand why you're getting on your high horse Mostyn? It's nothing new?

Retire?

what do you suggest?

has a footballer never been abused from the touch line prior to this season?

i don't understand why you're getting on your high horse Mostyn? It's nothing new?

​try reading the OP. Why do fans readily accept one thing has influenced things but not accept another?

It is new. I've NEVER ever ever ever heard of any team at the top of the league and winning games being subjected to such criticism from their OWN fans.

​behave troublemaker. We were never at the top of the league when I was critical, and I have NEVER aggressively booed or criticised a player or the manager.

​Not after trouble making.

Just can't believe you don't see the irony in your comments these days.

*Still think you hated him cos he was a Forest player who smashed you all over the park and you couldn't ever get past that.

*Now that might be troublemaking.

** But still true.

​Not after trouble making.

Just can't believe you don't see the irony in your comments these days.

*Still think you hated him cos he was a Forest player who smashed you all over the park and you couldn't ever get past that.

*Now that might be troublemaking.

** But still true.

​I was meant to answer your assumption that my opinion of Clough is based on his playing days, and never got around to it.

You couldn't be further from the truth I'm afraid. 

I don't really have a hatred of Forest, never have had. I don't like losing to them. For some reason I hate Leeds, but have a kind of mutual respect for Forest. It may be cos I grew up around Forest fans. They were the glory team (along with Liverpool) when my school mates were picking their teams to support, so no.

As for Clough as a player, I genuinely have no memory of him contributing to Derby losing, except as Derby manager! Most of my time when I was truly paying attention to Derby was when we were in different divisions for starters.

I actually liked what I remember of Nigel as a player. I think he oozed quality and had a great reading of the game and for someone not blessed with extraordinary pace, his record and the goals he scored are very impressive. 

As for so-called Irony, there is none at all, unless you're not actually reading the posts I am writing and did write. Maybe you think I was a more critical than I was of Nigel, but I was certainly never abusive to players faces.

​if we'd been rubbish all season, I'd buy that theory.

If the players that have clearly lost all enjoyment in playing and confidence hadn't been abused, then maybe.

But tactics that have been consistent for nearly 2 seasons shouldn't all of a sudden affect your confidence!

didn't ask players to play out of position all season.

players,weren't available to play our normal system. We should gave tried a different system. It possibly wouldn't have worked but for me it wouldn't have been as bad as keep trying something that evidently did not work.

Russel on his own up front is horrendous and will unsettle him and damage confidence.

There was someone on Twitter earlier, who came to the conclusion that releasing Jamie Ward MUST mean that rumours of a fall out between him and McClaren were true.

WHAT FECKING RUMOURS?!?!?

Archived