Raul Albentosa

rad1919

he couldn't pass more than 10 yards yesterday. A key skill whatever position you play.

​Name one player who could.

Hughes tried to play a 10 yard pass - it only went 7 and we were 1-0 down.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know they were all bad but Albentosa hasn't shown any glimpses of quality the others have.

Give over. 

Bullshit, I saw him pass about 50 yards across the back line to Keogh about three times.

​He also made a 60 yard pass to Gladys Hickinbottom in Row Q

I know they were all bad but Albentosa hasn't shown any glimpses of quality the others have.

On the contrary, he made a least 3 very decent passes short into midfield, just the long balls he struggled with, unless long balling is what we're looking for going forward, I'd say there's enough there to start working with.

Eibar were a very well organized and tightly packed defence at the start of this season, and he seemed to do very well with them.  Must have been a serious change to go from a situation where everyone knew their defensive jobs so well, to the chaotic acts of collective panic that characterized our defending for the latter half of this season. Having said that...his lack of pace is a worry, and seems to get turned quite easily. Hopefully he will improve though, he deserves more time before we judge him.

Whitbread came into a flailing side a few weeks ago and looked assured, positionally sound, good in the air, comfortable on the ball, fitted into our system with ease. It's sad but Raul Alb..... has not shown a glimpse of talent, it's a shame but FACT.

Whitbread came into a flailing side a few weeks ago and looked assured, positionally sound, good in the air, comfortable on the ball, fitted into our system with ease. It's sad but Raul Alb..... has not shown a glimpse of talent, it's a shame but FACT.

​Forest-speak invalidates the rest of your comment

:P

Eibar were a very well organized and tightly packed defence at the start of this season, and he seemed to do very well with them.  Must have been a serious change to go from a situation where everyone knew their defensive jobs so well, to the chaotic acts of collective panic that characterized our defending for the latter half of this season. Having said that...his lack of pace is a worry, and seems to get turned quite easily. Hopefully he will improve though, he deserves more time before we judge him.

They did a Derby. Or it is the Derby way? 

Definitely deserves more time before being judged. I seem to have an unpopular view on Albentosa. I don't think hes looked that bad and when he adapts to the championship... *puts bullet proof vest on* i think POTENTIALLY he could be one of the best centre backs in the division. 

WATCH THIS SPACE :L

I'll give him a good Pre-Season under his belt before I judge him. Martin didn't look anything special when he was first here on loan for about 10 games either...

​The difference with Martin was although the physical side of his game was poor during that initial loan spell you could see that his first touch was awesome and his passing/football brain was there. Martin just needed to improve his fitness.

Honestly it is harsh but from what I have seen I just don't think Albentosa will be good enough even with a pre season and speaking the language. 

I really don't like writing players off though and I agree with you I will hold back judgement fully until he has had a pre season. We saw with Bucko that a player can go from not looking like he can pass a ball to the best ball playing defender at the club. I am just sceptical that is all. 

Someone was talking of Flint (Bristol City) yesterday as a target we should look for.. Though he plays in a 5 back at City I think that he looks very much like a settled (English) Raul.

I know most hate the idea of changing formation but imagine Raul with a "Andre Wisdom" and a "Tommy Smith" (Ipswich) in a 3/5 back.

Solid.

Archived