Whats wrong with some Derby fans on here when were doing well

Curtains

It's not just on here though. Have you seen Derby-Mad? They are some real ****** there.

But nothing compares to the comments section of DET articles. It's like somebody gave a laptop for a bunch of idiot children with anger issues.

​you have to be a bit special if you've got the mental wherewithal to put up with the woeful pop-ups and ads on the DET. Leave them to it!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I'm fed up with the new cliche which footballers say in interviews "I know its a cliche but...." before they say a cliche. Its become a cliche in itself and its annoying me for some reason.

​Ah but a cliche is full of truth - otherwise it wouldn't be a cliche..

I'm not angry, more frustrated.  As I said on an old post, we've dropped 14 points from winning positions in home games alone this season.  Imagine how much happier we'd all be if we'd clung on to them, through cutting out stupid mistakes and doing the basics when under the cosh...

I'm not angry, more frustrated.  As I said on an old post, we've dropped 14 points from winning positions in home games alone this season.  Imagine how much happier we'd all be if we'd clung on to them, through cutting out stupid mistakes and doing the basics when under the cosh...

​That's the crux of it. Not so much the false sense of entitlement. I don't see Derby fans in the same way as I see Newcastle fans. 

Its the MANNER in which we have failed more than the failure itself should we fail to secure a playoff place. 

If our defenders played in Serie A, we'd be calling in the match fixing police, their mistakes have been that unfathomable. 

Some people seem happy without promotion because they're scared by the last time we were in the Premiership.

I want promotion because I'm scared about what's happened to Wigan and (to a slightly lesser extent) Brighton, how quickly it can fall apart when you can't take advantage of a good opportunity, in our case two good opportunities.

Expectations have to evolve, it really doesn't matter to me where we were three seasons ago, it's irrelevant to the situation we have found ourselves in for the last two.

I still think that our full side, playing to the their full potential, and full of confidence could match three quarters of the teams up there.  That's what makes it all the more gauling that we've potentially thrown it away due to the inability to handle the tag of favourites.

However I guess we should be grateful at the fact we're not Wigan :lol:

Going for promotion is ok with me. 

​No problem with going for promotion - every problem with demanding promotion because we '…should be up there'

​No problem with going for promotion - every problem with demanding promotion because we '…should be up there'

​It's not so much demanding, more a case of looking at the quality of the squad, looking at the investment made, looking at what has happened over the last two seasons and thinking we should be up there because taking into considering the coaching staff and the players, and the clubs we are up against, we are good enough to be up there.

And anyone who thought that was right, because for three quarters of the season we were up there.

The hard thing to take is that the last quarter collapse is totally at odds with everything that has happened since Steve McClaren walked through the door.

​It's not so much demanding, more a case of looking at the quality of the squad, looking at the investment made, looking at what has happened over the last two seasons and thinking we should be up there because taking into considering the coaching staff and the players, and the clubs we are up against, we are good enough to be up there.

And anyone who thought that was right, because for three quarters of the season we were up there.

The hard thing to take is that the last quarter collapse is totally at odds with everything that has happened since Steve McClaren walked through the door.

​I wasn't necessarily referring to just this season.

It's the same every season, which is why the 'big club, little club' arguments with the Gumps always seem to manifest themselves on here.

​I wasn't necessarily referring to just this season.

It's the same every season, which is why the 'big club, little club' arguments with the Gumps always seem to manifest themselves on here.

​Fair enough, though I can't think of anything that happened prior to Steve Mac arriving that would have given anyone reason to think we deserved to be anywhere near the top, but I guess that's your point!

I still think that our full side, playing to the their full potential, and full of confidence could match three quarters of the teams up there.  That's what makes it all the more gauling that we've potentially thrown it away due to the inability to handle the tag of favourites.

However I guess we should be grateful at the fact we're not Wigan :lol:

​Yet.

we instinctively prefer misery. it's the only conclusion i can reach. we wear success so badly like we're being inconvenienced by all this success.  Just waiting for it to wrong, so eager and keen to be back on the gloomtown train.

​Personally, I find misery a miserable state of affairs.

I think we're searching for answers as we are a deeply cynical and analytical bunch. Did we ever really understand what Mac did or how to turn our season around last time out? Was his revolution therefore real? So what is our natural state of affairs........world beating, fast-moving, slick-passing 23 pass goals...........or billy-bumbling, keystone-cops, jeux-sans-frontiers type of headless running around?

As an unscientific poll, I've asked about 15 Derby supporters I know in the last few days about Saturday. Not one single one said they were excited or looking forward to the game. Most thought we'd win, but rather than the rabid excitement of this time last year, were just ambivalent.

The overarching sense was we had it and we blew it, that we had made a complete hash of promotion, and people felt  so exhausted by the emotional rollercoaster they had nothing left in the tank. As one poster on here put it succinctly, people felt disengaged by everything that has been happening, on and off the pitch, in the last couple of months.

No-one is right or wrong about this, people feel how they feel, but it was one way traffic.

It is though really, really weird to think that we're a point away from the play offs and people are just shrugging their shoulders.

Maybe it will all change come Saturday morning.

I'm afraid if you can't get excited for the prospect of the play offs then there's very little that will or has got you excited in a lifetime. 

I get the dissapointment. I get the frustration. 

But can't people shift their focus? We were out the automatic race a few matches ago. 

I don't get what some people want or get out of supporting Derby. We're not a top side. 

I watched us lose to Leicester on telly at Wembley. I was at my first game in 1995. I've not seen much to rival this since then. 2 good seasons with bad between them. 2 promotions in 20 years. To anyone who is 30 years old then Derby are a second tier side. 

The old stories and the big ground might make you think that we're better than Watford but we're not. Not for my generation and unfortunately I'm not a baby anymore.

To win the league would have been awesome this season. It would have been great. To finish second would be a real highlight for Rams who are about 30 or younger. How many of you is this? 

And so to the play offs. How do they stand? Well Jim Smith is a God to a huge amount of Rams. He's really a legend. For what? Automatic promotion and a handful of years in the PL playing great football. No trophies. No Euro nights. I'm not saying he's not a legend. I'm just trying to show how little we've actually achieved so as to point out that the play offs aren't something to shrug your shoulders at. 

Burley lost in the play offs. Billy won them and that's our most memorable achievement in over a decade. Then we got battered back down to where we evidently belonged. 

I'm tearing my hair out at all these people turning their noses up at the play offs and whinging and moaning and whining.

Not the discussing bad bits. That's what the forum is for. I'm talking about those chucking the dummy out.

"He's ****, that's ****, send him to Newcastle, season over, sell him, sack him, waste of money, failure" 

Deluded crybabies. 

Sort your **** out and try to get something positive out of one of the better seasons of the last couple of decades. 

We could be back at Wembley in a few weeks in a HUGE match for the club. And people are saying "meh." Am I supporting a different Derby? Is there another Derby where this isn't especially good? 

Am all for debate and discussing issues. That's cool. 

But simply moaning and whining like some horrible kid. "Oh he's ****". 

I'm afraid he's actually quite good. If he's **** then what have you been watching for the majority of 20 years? 

What we lost, we lost weeks ago and it's gutting. But we can gain is still a big achievement to this club which isn't even a speck on Chelsea's radar. Sorry, but Derby aren't anything to anyone else. There's foundations and stuff. There's a lot of promise. But who are we to Everton? A club that briefly popped up and set records for being terrible? We're a club who's glory days are in black and white (Sorry older lads). 

10 years in life is not that much. 10 years in football is huge. What power did Man City have? With John Macken and Ben Thatcher. Stuart Pearce in charge. So what happened 40 years ago counts for next to nothing. It means everything to us. It means nothing to the current football world. In the current football world a second tier play off final is massive to Derby. Massive game if we can get there. AGAIN! 

Back to back Wembley finals? "meh"? 

I'm afraid if you can't get excited for the prospect of the play offs then there's very little that will or has got you excited in a lifetime. 

I get the dissapointment. I get the frustration. 

But can't people shift their focus? We were out the automatic race a few matches ago. 

I don't get what some people want or get out of supporting Derby. We're not a top side. 

I watched us lose to Leicester on telly at Wembley. I was at my first game in 1995. I've not seen much to rival this since then. 2 good seasons with bad between them. 2 promotions in 20 years. To anyone who is 30 years old then Derby are a second tier side. 

The old stories and the big ground might make you think that we're better than Watford but we're not. Not for my generation and unfortunately I'm not a baby anymore.

To win the league would have been awesome this season. It would have been great. To finish second would be a real highlight for Rams who are about 30 or younger. How many of you is this? 

And so to the play offs. How do they stand? Well Jim Smith is a God to a huge amount of Rams. He's really a legend. For what? Automatic promotion and a handful of years in the PL playing great football. No trophies. No Euro nights. I'm not saying he's not a legend. I'm just trying to show how little we've actually achieved so as to point out that the play offs aren't something to shrug your shoulders at. 

Burley lost in the play offs. Billy won them and that's our most memorable achievement in over a decade. Then we got battered back down to where we evidently belonged. 

I'm tearing my hair out at all these people turning their noses up at the play offs and whinging and moaning and whining.

Not the discussing bad bits. That's what the forum is for. I'm talking about those chucking the dummy out.

"He's ****, that's ****, send him to Newcastle, season over, sell him, sack him, waste of money, failure" 

Deluded crybabies. 

Sort your **** out and try to get something positive out of one of the better seasons of the last couple of decades. 

We could be back at Wembley in a few weeks in a HUGE match for the club. And people are saying "meh." Am I supporting a different Derby? Is there another Derby where this isn't especially good? 

Am all for debate and discussing issues. That's cool. 

But simply moaning and whining like some horrible kid. "Oh he's ****". 

I'm afraid he's actually quite good. If he's **** then what have you been watching for the majority of 20 years? 

What we lost, we lost weeks ago and it's gutting. But we can gain is still a big achievement to this club which isn't even a speck on Chelsea's radar. Sorry, but Derby aren't anything to anyone else. There's foundations and stuff. There's a lot of promise. But who are we to Everton? A club that briefly popped up and set records for being terrible? We're a club who's glory days are in black and white (Sorry older lads). 

10 years in life is not that much. 10 years in football is huge. What power did Man City have? With John Macken and Ben Thatcher. Stuart Pearce in charge. So what happened 40 years ago counts for next to nothing. It means everything to us. It means nothing to the current football world. In the current football world a second tier play off final is massive to Derby. Massive game if we can get there. AGAIN! 

Back to back Wembley finals? "meh"? 

​I'd be excited at being at Wembley again. But the rest of you might wish I wasn't as I went in 1994, missed 2007 and went again last year.

I think the "meh" is all cover for the worry that we seem on the face of it to have less chance of wembley success than this time last year.

But I don't believe that either and will be jumping up and down Saturday. The car passed its mot so theres no stopping the Hants'

Archived