Who will we get in Playoffs . I hope its Boro.

Curtains

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would prefer Boro over Norwich, who really impressed me at Pride Park, controlling the second half. We played poorly against Boro but I didn't feel they looked anything exceptional apart from being well organised with a natural scorer up front. However unless we play a proper CDM I don't see us beating any of them.

If we get the likes of Buxton, Thorne, Martin and Bryson fully fit for the play off games we should beat anyone. We have the most in form player in the league in Ince, Martin is still one of the top scorers in the league despite missing 2+ months and we have the player with probably the best minutes per goal ratio in the league in Bent. The issue lately has been our defence, but earlier in the season we equalled a club record amount of consecutive clean sheets that was set over 100 years ago so we know they can be solid, it's just up to McClaren, Steele and Simpson to instil the belief and confidence back into them

It doesn't matter who we get.

we've been utterly shiite for the last third of the season.

to win, we've must up our game whoever we play. 

if we were on form we could beat any of them.

its in the lap of the gods.

Nope, don't want Boro. Like the post above says, they are the only team we haven't a) scored a goal against, and b ) have had the double against us.

That said, even if we don't, and we get past Norwich, it'll still be in Boro in the final, in my opinion.

Oh and, @New_Holgate, any chance of selling a few seats for the semi final? Above 20,000 might well be an achievement.

Come on, he may be a decent professional but there is no way he has had a better season than Ayala. But credit to him for getting in the team. 

As for tickets, we will sell out for the play offs. The usual core 20,000 will be there joined by a fellow 15,000 glory hunters...Sadly the nature of some boro fans!

Even though we have beat you twice already this season without you scoring a goal? Coupled with the fact you have Richard Keogh at the back I cant see anything other than a comfortable Boro win.

​To be fair I think Richard Keogh is now the least of our problems in the back 5. 

I'm more worried about (Agent? ;)) Mac reshuffling the defence. Again!

Nope, don't want Boro. Like the post above says, they are the only team we haven't a) scored a goal against, and b ) have had the double against us.

​I've got to agree with this. Boro beat us comfortably, twice. Norwich were good, but at least we competed against them. Anyone but Boro for me.

Archived