Watford

Derbados

what a bizarre season! did anyone really see Watford as the first team to gain promotion? I didn't! I don't really rate their squad bar a few players, Deeney, Vydra etc. This and the fact they have had half the worlds managers this season it is strange none of it de railed them. 

Football is bizarre at times! 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their record vs the top 8 is shambolic, but vs the rest of the league it's absolutely brilliant.

I think they the way they've done it is a farce. No team should be allowed to be owned by someone who already has one club elsewhere let alone two. They're built on players they should never have been allowed to have.

However, I like them. Sound fans, nice stadium, great football, respectful manager. Good luck to them.

Craig Ramage predicted them doing very well this season and was just about ridiculed by Owen Bradley and Ed Dawes on RD first game of the season. He might jumble his words and sentences up but he knows football does our Craig. 

Well done Watford. Best organised team I have seen this season. You defend well most of the time and have forwards like Deeney things be well...

Well done, Watford. I think all the top six have had their problems this season, in one way or another, but they've managed to shake off two or three? manager changes. So fair play.

It will be interesting to see what they do in the transfer market now. 

Well done, Watford. I think all the top six have had their problems this season, in one way or another, but they've managed to shake off two or three? manager changes. So fair play.

It will be interesting to see what they do in the transfer market now. 

​They've had 4 managers this season, Sannino, McKinley, Garcia and Jokanovic.

Deeney has been an absolute beast.......i've always thought that we missed an opportunity when he left Walsall for £300k.

(same with Matt Ritchie when he went to/from Swindon)

They have 3 players that bag them goal after goal. Something we can do. Their  defense is average in all honesty. They are reliable and consistent. There keeper is a good shot stopper but throws a wobbly often, just like ours. We are basically Watford.  Apart from our defense has just fallen apart over the last 15 matches. 

Table doesn't lie, they gained points from positions where the other teams around them lost out.  They are woeful amoungst the top 8, however they did not have as many howlers as the others did againest what should have been fodder.

They've got so much quality. Miguel Layun for instance is a Mexican international - he would never be playing for Watford if it wasn't for his contract at Granada.

Ighalo also is just a ridiculous player for this level.

They are likeable though, of all the teams that are in the top six I like them the most. I hope we go up with them.

And for all the fretting about our defence. You want to see some of the goals these have conceded. Some defending that jumps out at you.  

But they haven't made an issue of it. Just gone on beating teams and scoring as many as possible. As far as exciting, entertaining, quality attacking football goes then Watford and Bournemouth are the top 2. Good to see Watford get their reward.

Archived