Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm still seeing comments on his 'attitude' - it's unbelievable.

I've heard and read some **** in my time as a supporter, but to question Ince's attitude is ridiculous.

He worked as hard, maybe even harder, than any of our players in that last three months. Even against Reading, it was summed up after we had a corner, Reading got it clear and broke and he was the closest player to Grant by the time their attack was fluffed. We were 2-0 down at that point, with about 30 mins to go.

Here's a stat for you.

Ball Recoveries per game from our wide midfielders since the game Ince joined:
4.17 - Tom Ince
3 - Simon Dawkins
2.6 - Jamie Ward
2.38 - Johnny Russell

Conclusive evidence that some people talk nothing but absolute guff based on such little evidence its laughable.

It's that old English thought process when it comes to footballers. They see Ince walking slowly near the half way line, whilst the other team start to attack down the opposite flank, and think "he's lazy, he can't even be bothered to run back and stand next to our goalie or at least look like he's trying by running around a bit" when in reality, he has seen a number of our players back and is instead being an outlet for any break away.

It's why Russell is loved (and I love Johnny too) and players like Ince won't truly be understood and instead labelled showpony or luxury player.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard and read some **** in my time as a supporter, but to question Ince's attitude is ridiculous.

He worked as hard, maybe even harder, than any of our players in that last three months. Even against Reading, it was summed up after we had a corner, Reading got it clear and broke and he was the closest player to Grant by the time their attack was fluffed. We were 2-0 down at that point, with about 30 mins to go. 

Here's a stat for you.

4.17 - Tom Ince
3 - Simon Dawkins
2.6 - Jamie Ward
2.38 - Johnny Russell

Conclusive evidence that some people talk nothing but absolute guff based on such little evidence its laughable.

Does that include Russell's games as a striker?

Surely the answer is to pay a lump sum then say half each of the rest over two more years with the proviso that if we get promotion, we then pay all the outstanding money as soon as we get the first installment of the Sky cash. Problem is that Bruce wants Ince not the money. There are two automatic places up for grabs, why would he want to sell us a potential 20 goal a season player only to finish behind us in the league? Derby have the money and expect to be promoted, so the risk is reasonable but we cannot ensure promotion.

Surely the answer is to pay a lump sum then say half each of the rest over two more years with the proviso that if we get promotion, we then pay all the outstanding money as soon as we get the first installment of the Sky cash. Problem is that Bruce wants Ince not the money. There are two automatic places up for grabs, why would he want to sell us a potential 20 goal a season player only to finish behind us in the league? Derby have the money and expect to be promoted, so the risk is reasonable but we cannot ensure promotion.

problem is ince doesnt fit in hulls (bruce's) system, he usually plays flat formations like 4-4-2, where ince is deployed as a midfielder, not a winger, I would bet on my left testicle that if ince stayed at hull he would not score 20 goals, a) he wouldnt get as many opportunities, as soon as bruce sees he doesnt fit in hull system he will drop him, and b) because hes dropped he cant play 

ince could be playing in league 2 level, but if he isnt being used correctly he aint gonna be as effectual 

problem is ince doesnt fit in hulls (bruce's) system, he usually plays flat formations like 4-4-2, where ince is deployed as a midfielder, not a winger,

He's apparently been used as a target man by Hull - up front on his own, with players pumping long balls up to his head. :o

From Bruce's perspective he would really like us not to get promotion with Ince being his main tormentor at the expense of Hull's promotion and his job. From Derby's point of view, Ince is a snip at £4.7 million IF we get promoted. Ince knows that he will have a great season at Derby but would probably prefer a great season in the Premiership on twice the cash.

As reveldevil rightly says,transfer payments have nothing to do with FFP. This rolling 3 year assessment seems a bit unclear to me; it starts in 16/17,but I can't work out whether you have to wait until 18/19 before looking back over 3 years,or if (in 16/17) you look at that year in conjunction with 15/16 and 14/15.

The one thing that puts me off the latter alternative is the fact that the FFP limit for 14/15 was only £6m.Assuming clubs complied with this,then it would appear to me that they could post £6m for 14/15,£13m for 15/16 and then £20m for 16/17 and still stay within the £39m 3 year rolling figure. However,the thing that might pull me back towards it is,looking at my example and taking the period 15/16 to 17/18,they would then only be able to post £6m in 17/18 to then comply with the rolling £39m.

Don't think it's anything we should be particularly bothered about though.We'd have to go some to post £13m,let alone anything bigger

Yeah I don't think its a worry, like people have said we are run properly know I couldn't imagine the people at the top putting us in any trouble. Just an impatient fan wanting the deal done NOW! :lol:

Here's a stat for you.

4.17 - Tom Ince
3 - Simon Dawkins
2.6 - Jamie Ward
2.38 - Johnny Russell

He's young, black, and confident in his own ablitities.  Therefore the Daily Mail readers amongst us view him as the devil incarnate.  Whereas Jamie Ward is just a cheeky little scamp who enjoys a bit of banter with opposing fans...

Here's a stat for you.

4.17 - Tom Ince
3 - Simon Dawkins
2.6 - Jamie Ward
2.38 - Johnny Russell

Who commented on his attitude?

I said that some were of the opinion he doesn't track back enough - not a reflection on his attitude, more his style of play. Also as I don't get to a huge amount of games, I'm basing my opinion there on posts I read on the forum and listening to the radio - not the most reliable of sources I know and I'm more than happy to be told I'm wrong.

Who commented on his attitude?

I said that some were of the opinion he doesn't track back enough - not a reflection on his attitude, more his style of play. Also as I don't get to a huge amount of games, I'm basing my opinion there on posts I read on the forum and listening to the radio - not the most reliable of sources I know and I'm more than happy to be told I'm wrong.

it wasn't anyone on here, it was something I saw on Twitter last night.

A chat between a Derby and Forest fan, both of the opinion he shouldn't be signed because of his 'attitude' 

It makes me want to bang my head against a wall! 

It's that old English thought process when it comes to footballers. They see Ince walking slowly near the half way line, whilst the other team start to attack down the opposite flank, and think "he's lazy, he can't even be bothered to run back and stand next to our goalie or at least look like he's trying by running around a bit" when in reality, he has seen a number of our players back and is instead being an outlet for any break away.

It's why Russell is loved (and I love Johnny too) and players like Ince won't truly be understood and instead labelled showpony or luxury player.

Yeah, I get the same thing at my work. I sit around waiting for distaster to strike so that I can deal with it and mitigate the damage and everyone else says that I spend all my time "talking" and "hiding in the smoking area". The cheek!

Here's a stat for you.

4.17 - Tom Ince
3 - Simon Dawkins
2.6 - Jamie Ward
2.38 - Johnny Russell

What? Johnny Russell so low.  But he works so hard, and he is always tracking back, and he always gives 100%, often 110%, and he's got a beard, and he pokes his tongue out when he has done something special, and when he pokes his tongue out he smiles and I just know he is looking at me :lol:

I agree, nothing wrong with Ince's attitude but he is very ambitious - I'm sure he sees us as a stepping stone and pragmatically, there's nothing wrong with that...although people will still criticize him when he wants to join a more successful club. As long as both sides benefit, there's nothing wrong with that.

I agree, nothing wrong with Ince's attitude but he is very ambitious - I'm sure he sees us a stepping stone and pragmatically, there's nothing wrong with that...although people will still criticize him when he wants to join a more successful club. As long as both sides benefit, there's nothing wrong with that.

a stepping stone is fine with me, if he helps us get promoted and establishes himself as a premiership player the. Then if sold the asking price will be much more than £5m so good business

Archived