Carl Sagan

Saturday 25th April, 15.00 kickoff, at the (New) Den

Derby’s last 6:

P6 W2 D3 L1 GF13 GA9 Pts9

Millwall’s last 6:

P6 W2 D3 L1 GF6 GA5 Pts9

Head to head:

P45 W15 D13 L17 GF53 GA52

Millwall have hardly been Lions this season, and sit 3rd from bottom, but with new hope given the Derby/Rotherham Farrend Rawson loan fiasco. With 3 points expected to come off Rotherham’s total, that means the team from “sarf of the river” (whose water don't taste like what it oughta) could be only 1 + ε points off safety, where ε ϵ (0,1).

For Derby, we’re looking for elusive form and momentum to take into the hoped-for playoffs. A win would guarantee us one of the two lower playoff berths. In search of togetherness and defensive solidarity, the Rams prepare for this match with a trip to overseas spring sunshine.

Whisper it but we’re unbeaten in 5. While we can’t defend for toffee, we can score against anyone and refuse to give up. The season’s still alive, as is the dream of promotion. Come on you Rams!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of preparing ourselves for what we hope to be the rest of the season, this is very important. Get the playoff position confirmed and we have one game, much as last season, to rest and recuperate and gather ourselves for the coming storm. Should we make the playoffs, we'll start out at home to one of the two teams that's just missed out and had to fight all the way to the finish line, and will be gutted to have missed out.

They'll be down, hopefully half-broken, and hardly looking forward to playing us, the team that have been favourites for much of the season and been there and already experienced this the year before. Plus we may well be buoyed by the return of some or all of Thorne/Martin/Buxton.

I don't want to go into the final game at home to Reading still needing something to secure our place. Let's make certain of it on Saturday.

If Millwall go down instead of Rotherham and Any three of Boro, Bournemouth, Ipswich and Norwich go up then the Championship could be cracking next season.

​If Derby go up I cease caring what happens in the Championship, other than hoping for more misery at the other end of the Brian Clough Way.

Team:

Grant

Shotton      Keogh      Albentosa     Forsyth

Hughes    Hendrick

Ince          Dawkins        Lingard

Bent

Grant

Shotton         Keogh        Whitbread(If fit)/Albentosa      Warnock

Hanson

Hughes           Dawkins

Ince                             Bent                        Lingard

We need to stick with a formation and 4-3-3 is are most successful line up, we also need someone in the holding role who can tackle unlike Hendrick and Dawkins defiantly deserves a place for his two motm performances 

Team:

Grant

Shotton      Keogh      Albentosa     Forsyth

Hughes    Hendrick

Ince          Dawkins        Lingard

Bent

Agree with this other than Warnock for Forsyth for me. 

Grant

Shotton         Keogh        Whitbread(If fit)/Albentosa      Warnock

Hanson

Hughes           Dawkins

Ince                             Bent                        Lingard

We need to stick with a formation and 4-3-3 is are most successful line up, we also need someone in the holding role who can tackle unlike Hendrick and Dawkins defiantly deserves a place for his two motm performances 

Worth a try I suppose but we did score 4 goals yesterday so it would be harsh on Hendrick.

Agree with this other than Warnock for Forsyth for me. 

​I've not been all that impressed with Warnock. He's not done anything wrong, I just believe Forsyth to be better.

Forsyth was dropped due to a poor performance at CB but for the rest of the season, I would argue he's been our best defender. His distribution is poor at times but I feel his aerial presence and superior crossing puts him above Warnock in my opinion.

​I've not been all that impressed with Warnock. He's not done anything wrong, I just believe Forsyth to be better.

Forsyth was dropped due to a poor performance at CB but for the rest of the season, I would argue he's been our best defender. His distribution is poor at times but I feel his aerial presence and superior crossing puts him above Warnock in my opinion.

All opinions I suppose we will have to wait and see the way Mac goes now and I would imagine he try's several attack verses defense set ups in training .

I don't think we have as much wrong as people think and it's down to management and players now  .

Training defense against attack formations is the way to go because the players have the ability but just need to regain their composure  and organisation   

PS Thorne and Buxton and Martin may still have a vital role for us  and Mascarell can't be that far off either   

All opinions I suppose we will have to wait and see the way Mac goes now and I would imagine he try's several attack verses defense set ups in training .

I don't think we have as much wrong as people think and it's down to management and players now  .

Training defense against attack formations is the way to go because the players have the ability but just need to regain their composure  and organisation   

PS Thorne and Buxton and Martin may still have a vital role for us  and Mascarell can't be that far off either   

​Mascarell is definitely out for the season. Martin is unknown really. Thorne and Buxton for Reading/Play-Offs.

Buxton would walk straight into the team if I was Mac with the defence looking like:

Keogh     Albentosa  Buxton    Forsyth

Desperate times when you field a CB at RB but neither Shotton nor Christie are anywhere near good enough!

​Mascarell is definitely out for the season. Martin is unknown really. Thorne and Buxton for Reading/Play-Offs.

Buxton would walk straight into the team if I was Mac with the defence looking like:

Keogh     Albentosa  Buxton    Forsyth

Desperate times when you field a CB at RB but neither Shotton nor Christie are anywhere near good enough!

Right but I'm still hopeful on Martin and Thorne and Buxtons return would be most welcome as well. 

Right but I'm still hopeful on Martin and Thorne and Buxtons return would be most welcome as well. 

​I really don't want to risk Thorne but with the importance of the games and the extended recovery period of summer, I'd be tempted to do it.

Martin is less vital as Ince and Bent are scoring for fun and we look fairly fluid in attack.

Buxton should return, if fully fit, due to the possible necessity of playing Keogh at RB.

Archived