Millwall vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

Sith Happens

Its like that scene from Dallas years ago when Bobby came out the shower and Pam realised the past year had been a dream.....

Ive just woke up, and Connor Sammon is playing up front, i daren't look at the league table incase it says we are 14th....

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a big day for the fans. Make sure Connor gets load of stick and abuse. Same for Forsyth, Hendrick, Grant, Keough, Dawkins. Hope the guy is there who was at Watford about 3 years ago who spent the whole game shouting out how Sammon was a c***.

Or we could try and get behind the team, and if we struggle or make mistakes, maybe support them.

​Nah. Would much rather moan

I thought a player could only play for two clubs in a season?

​Emergency loans don't count - saying that, I haven't seen anywhere where either the Ipswich or Rotherham loans were described as such (although emergency loans are for a maximum of 93 days, and he returned from Rotherham after 92, so that fits).

The first time I have ever really criticized a team selection, but how bizarre to have Lee Naylor on the bench? We have both Forsyth and Warnock on the field. If something happened to both, Dawkins has played as an emergency left back. What a bizarre waste of one of the substitute berths. Earlier in the season, we'd only have one defensive sub on the bench; Naylor makes it three. If we're looking at going down that route, at least have Hanson as an option to change the shape.

​According to Simmo, both Hanson and Thomas are injured. The 18 today are the only 18 we have available, barring calling up a completely unproven youngster.

Sith Happens

​Emergency loans don't count - saying that, I haven't seen anywhere where either the Ipswich or Rotherham loans were described as such (although emergency loans are for a maximum of 93 days, and he returned from Rotherham after 92, so that fits).

​I thought they were both season long loans, and both cancelled with mutual consent. Both done in the transfer windows so surely wouldnt be treated as an emergency loan.

Maybe if the rule states a footballer cant play for more than two clubs, connor sammon isnt classed as a footballer..only thing i can think.

I thought a player could only play for two clubs in a season?

​If we have to play Sammon and get a 3 point deduction, that really will be unfair!

Seriously, I am slightly concerned as I'd assumed Sammon came back from Rotherham after some sort of fallout between the clubs over the Rawson loan. Do hope the paperwork's in order.

​I thought they were both season long loans, and both cancelled with mutual consent. Both done in the transfer windows so surely wouldnt be treated as an emergency loan.

Maybe if the rule states a footballer cant play for more than two clubs, connor sammon isnt classed as a footballer..only thing i can think.

Let's take the 3 point deduction to make the end of season even more tense.

Sith Happens

The Rotherham loan wasn't a standard loan, it was a 93 day emergency loan (despite what was in the press at the time).  You can't cancel standard loans outside of transfer windows, so he couldn't play for us at all if it was.

​This is from the DCFC Website

Striker Conor Sammon has returned to Derby County from his loan period at fellow Sky Bet Championship side Rotherham United.

The 28-year-old joined the Millers in January after the cancellation of his season-long loan deal at Ipswich Town, but he has now returned to Derby early following the mutual termination of the loan spell in South Yorkshire on Friday morning.

He will be available for selection for the Rams’ final three games of the season – plus any potential play-off matches - and trained with the rest of the Derby squad this morning.

Sammon scored three times in 15 appearances for Rotherham in their victories against Bolton Wanderers, Ipswich Town and Huddersfield Town. 

Surely the website would get it right?

Sith Happens

You'd think so, but it's wrong.  The rules are very very clear, you cannot cancel a standard loan outside of a transfer window.  It's the same reason Darren Bent couldn't be recalled by Villa.  Sammon's loan was 'cancelled' exactly 93 days after it started as well.

​I thought the Emergency loan window didnt open until the 7th Feb 2015

Sith Happens

​You can sign emergency loans during transfer windows as well.

​ah ok.....suppose it would have to be an emergency to sign connor sammon.

Archived