Season nearly over what's to moan about then

Curtains

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mac - subjective, he is not immune to criticism, but deserves the praise for reviving football love in Derby, for Derby.

Keogh - again subjective. Made errors in the biggest games (in my opinion). Maybe I shouldn't moan about him because I know how much of a liability he is. I just find it hard to accept that he's not been taken out of the firing line once.

Mascarell - people need a reality check. If you're one of those who thinks Mascarell has done a bad job, then you don't understand the principles and intricacies of the game. ALL midfielders lose the ball, get tackled etc

Injuries - not for me. ALL teams get injuries. We didn't react to them. Not a valid moan.

Board - can't moan, unless it's true about McClaren's 'done deal'. In which case the board should've put him on gardening leave instead of allowing it to railroad our season.

I don't see how everything is subjective apart from Mascarell? What makes positive opinions on him an objective fact?

All of it is subjective.

Of course it is. 

It's all about opinions and as far as I'm concerned all Derby fans views are subjective. 

Take Albentosa I think he's a good signing but I've heard some Derby fans say he's a donkey. 

Radio Derby give opinions and so do the DET but most of it is subjective .

Eddie gives his opinions and Mostyn gives his and both are opinions 

Whos right well I think I am but it's all subjective and about opinion  .

The General Election is boring the **** out of me I'd much rather think about Derby County and I hate the times when I can't watch football. 

I have views and understand politics better than most but I don't need to keep arguing about it like you get on the BBC and SKY and in the media. 

Politics is subjective. 

I don't see how everything is subjective apart from Mascarell? What makes positive opinions on him an objective fact?

All of it is subjective.

​I never said Mascarell wasn't subjective. I was pre-empting those that are ignorant to his role.

We will have lots to moan about.

Rush leaving

Mac & staff leaving

N Warnock in charge as a CEO

B Davies and his unfinished business as a manager

Selling Hughes for peanuts

Singing some unheard sausage players and paying over the odds for them

etc etc.

I'm expecting intriguing summer, especially if don't get promoted. If we do, we might survive the worst...

Great season! So good to be up there fighting. In recent years we would be done for the season by now. So many positives. That said, things I have been disappointed with - 

Sad to see Brys/Fozzy/Hendo not follow up on last season

Thorne situation is/has been incredibly frustrating for all

Sadly, sections of our fanbase hammering the team when they have needed us the most

Mac, Keogh, Mascarell.    

Injuries 

the Board .

​What did McClaren, Keogh, Mascarell or the board do exactly?

We've come back from losing at Wembley, after losing our biggest signing in the best part of a decade before the season even kicked off, and pushed throughout the season for promotion, only to come apart through a mix of injuries, loss of form and good ol' fashion bottling it, but are still not only in contention, but looking likely for the playoffs. At this point, if we missed out on the playoff, it would be the highest points total to do so to my knowledge, and that's even if we failed to get a single point from the last 3 games. 

We've had a good season, likely better than 18-20 teams in this league, and are still in with a real chance of going up. The real key now is whether or not the experiences of the last 20 months have put the players in a strong enough position mentally to hold their nerve in another tense playoff battle. 

​What did McClaren, Keogh, Mascarell or the board do exactly?

We've come back from losing at Wembley, after losing our biggest signing in the best part of a decade before the season even kicked off, and pushed throughout the season for promotion, only to come apart through a mix of injuries, loss of form and good ol' fashion bottling it, but are still not only in contention, but looking likely for the playoffs. At this point, if we missed out on the playoff, it would be the highest points total to do so to my knowledge, and that's even if we failed to get a single point from the last 3 games. 

We've had a good season, likely better than 18-20 teams in this league, and are still in with a real chance of going up. The real key now is whether or not the experiences of the last 20 months have put the players in a strong enough position mentally to hold their nerve in another tense playoff battle. 

I was being facetious 

I'm their biggest fan. 

Archived