Race for the Playoffs

Bris Vegas

Derby 75 (32)

Ipswich 74 (18)

Brentford 71 (14)

Wolves 71 (11)

Owing to GD, five points from our last three games will guarantee us a playoff place - though we may only need three points if Wolves/Brentford fail to win all of their last three games.

It's all-but assured.

Also, congrats to Ipswich - their highest points tally for ten years! And we complain we've had it bad?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think three will be enough. Wolves have Ipswich in the lunchtime kick off on Saturday. Play-offs could essentially be sealed, although not mathematically, on Saturday. Still think we'll get more than 3 points from the last 3 games anyway.

PistoldPete2

Derby 75 (32)

Ipswich 74 (18)

Brentford 71 (14)

Wolves 71 (11)

Owing to GD, five points from our last three games will guarantee us a playoff place - though we may only need three points if Wolves/Brentford fail to win all of their last three games.

It's all-but assured.

Also, congrats to Ipswich - their highest points tally for ten years! And we complain we've had it bad?

If wolves lose to Ipswich and we beat Huddersfield then they won't be Able top us. If Ipswich lose and we win then they will be four behind us also, effectively 5. So they would need  to win their last two also. So basically if we get 3 points, the teams below us need to win all their remaining games to finish ahead of us, except for Ipswich who would have to lose to wolves for wolves to finish ahead of us. Two wins for us is certainly enough so let's win the next two please !

Funny how the attitude changes. If you think about it we're unbeaten 3 winning 2 of them..

All the predictors over the last month left Derby out of the top 6 on quite a few facebook sites hopefully that changes now.

PistoldPete2

Funny how the attitude changes. If you think about it we're unbeaten 3 winning 2 of them..

All the predictors over the last month left Derby out of the top 6 on quite a few facebook sites hopefully that changes now.

Predictors obviously didn look at the fixture list or our injury list

​Aren't we unbeaten 4? Watford, Wigan, Brentford and now Blackpool :rolleyes:

​Forgot about Watford good point sir :blush:.

Predictors obviously didn look at the fixture list or our injury list

​True not sure why people think it's not right to use it as an excuse. IMO it was a fact any team would struggle losing the players we did and the amount we have had injured.

I can take solace in the fact that if we were in a better run of form. The heartache of just missing out on automatics by 1 or 2 points would be ******* horrible.

Any of the top 4 could miss out of automatic promotion by a couple of points and they'll be in exactly the same situation as Derby, Play offs. 

It will still be tough to get through Watford and Boro, but at least we are the underdogs now.

If we don't go up this season then I won't be as devastated as last year. I have had a run of 9 games to get over it instead of a minute like last year.

I was there vs West Brom. I remember Phillips I think hitting a beauty onto the crossbar not sure how we won (Obviously a goal before some sarcasm comes into this thread lol).

I think we could nick it I think we're the least favourite behind Boro and Watford if it ends up like it is now. We have some good players still who could be up for them games even if they haven't all season!

All it takes is a lucky break or off the @rse (Bit like Russell at half time did make me chuckle he was loving it shame not many seen it lol).

If wolves lose to Ipswich and we beat Huddersfield then they won't be Able top us. If Ipswich lose and we win then they will be four behind us also, effectively 5. So they would need  to win their last two also. So basically if we get 3 points, the teams below us need to win all their remaining games to finish ahead of us, except for Ipswich who would have to lose to wolves for wolves to finish ahead of us. Two wins for us is certainly enough so let's win the next two please !

That would make the last game against reading pretty meaningless. 5th or 6th really makes no difference. We'll probably rest the first team and give a bunch of the kids a go. And my dream of getting barker on for the last 5 is a reality. 

I thoightbit would only be possible if we'd sexured the title with a game to go, but this is the next best thing. 

To be fair to the top 4 they are all standing up well with Watford getting another 3 points tonight. They might not be playing well but they are all turning out wins.  It would be great IMO if they all keep on winning. IF we can get into the playoffs I think the 2 teams who don't go up could be psychologically damaged if they fail automatically by a point, or better still goal difference. Might be clutching at straws a bit but any advantage would be good given our recent run of bad form/luck.

To be fair to the top 4 they are all standing up well with Watford getting another 3 points tonight. They might not be playing well but they are all turning out wins.  It would be great IMO if they all keep on winning. IF we can get into the playoffs I think the 2 teams who don't go up could be psychologically damaged if they fail automatically by a point, or better still goal difference. Might be clutching at straws a bit but any advantage would be good given our recent run of bad form/luck.

​It makes me feel a bit better about our losing run to be honest.

Watford and Norwich have been absolutely superb for the past two months, and it's great credit to Bournemouth and Boro that they've managed to stick at it despite disappointments.

I can see 3rd place easily beating our 85 points from last season - possibly even get 90 points which would surely be some kind of record at least this side of the millennium.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Watford if they don't go up - will they keep all of their players? The likes of Layun, Ighalo and Vydra are too good for this level, especially Ighalo who's like a 25-goal a season midfielder! Every week he's banging them in, and some right crackers too.

That would make the last game against reading pretty meaningless. 5th or 6th really makes no difference. We'll probably rest the first team and give a bunch of the kids a go. And my dream of getting barker on for the last 5 is a reality. 

I thought we might play him as sub last night v blackpool.

at 4-0 it was a great opportunity.

Just been considering the permeations concerning our match against millwall. Could they already be relegated by the time we play them?

If Rotherham win their next match, the Millwall have 8 points to make up, and 4 games to do it in. If they get less than 2 points from their two games before playing us, then they would be down. (In fact with two draws they'd be needing goal difference). 

But, do we want them to be down. Often, when the pressure is off, and especially in the last home game of the season, the players will pull out a good performance. It should be a nothing game, with nothing for them to play for,  it if they've got anything about them, they should give us a game. Although, I've just checked and Rotherham have Norwich next, so they're not likely to get 3 points  

Then again, if they're not relegated, then they'll be in a position where a win against us could be the three points thats the difference between staying up and going down. They'll be fighting tooth and nail. 

Only way that's an easy game is if their confidence is shot and they've given up, which, bearing in mind they just beat Wigan, doesn't look to be the case. 

So what would we rather, playing a team already relate gated, or playing a team with a sliver of hope left?

Archived