sick of negativity

​I agree its not needed at all. You shouldnt boo your own players simple as. Shout and moan okay I can understand that people get frustrated but booing just isnt helpful.

What's the difference between booing your own players and shouting or moaning at them? How does one express their displeasure at a player, run into the gents to let off a tirade of expletives so nobody hears then run back to your seat again?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I agree its not needed at all. You shouldnt boo your own players simple as. Shout and moan okay I can understand that people get frustrated but booing just isnt helpful.

What's the difference between booing your own players and shouting or moaning at them? How does one express their displeasure at a player, run into the gents to let off a tirade of expletives so nobody hears then run back to your seat again?

In addition to that, I'm probably one of the few on here who thinks it is Mac who has screwed things up, I think he's buckled under the pressure, I think he's tried to shoehorn his signings into the team and I think his signings have been (on the whole) no better than what was already here.

Mac appears to be a great manager but he has regularly shown that he is at his best when things are going great.  When they go wrong he appears to be incapable of influencing a change and becomes desperate.  A lost soul.  The flaw that has resulted in failure after failure.  Pity really because I thought we had found a manager and support up there with the best

Haha generally the players cant tell what your saying anyway but If  you shout or moan it is normally in reaction to something the team should be doing better. 

Booing is just a cop out no content just sheer negativity.

​Try doing your job with people booing and swearing at you, I'd wager your job performance would go down not up

​two things, firstly ppl do swear and moan at me at work if i get it wrong and it spurs me on to do better with me being an adult i accept that.

secondaly just so this is crystal clear clapping and cheering ***** is not helpful i assume your one of those ppl who think we shouldn't have winners at school sports day?

the team need to shape up and sort it out Steve mac puts his arm around them imo they need a kick up the ****before this season slips away and happy ******* clapping aint the answer.

Just watched the game again on Sky this time and the booing of Forsyth in the second half is very audible. 

The crowd did this to Dawks 'til his confidence was shot, tried to do it to Keogh (who gave it some back), then they attacked Christie and now it's Forsyth's turn. 

If you want to know why this team has no confidence you haven't got to look far.

​To be fair Forsyth got a cheer when he finally passed the ball to a teammate.

We could learn a lot from supporters like you see at places like Palace - the noise starts before KO and win or lose it carries on for the entire game - no wonder they are having a great season..thats the kind of backing a team needs..no problem at all with people coming on a forum and having a go - but slagging off your own team at our stadium just should not happen ever.. 

​two things, firstly ppl do swear and moan at me at work if i get it wrong and it spurs me on to do better with me being an adult i accept that.

secondaly just so this is crystal clear clapping and cheering ***** is not helpful i assume your one of those ppl who think we shouldn't have winners at school sports day?

the team need to shape up and sort it out Steve mac puts his arm around them imo they need a kick up the ****before this season slips away and happy ******* clapping aint the answer.

​No, having a son who can cover 100m in less than 12 seconds, I always wanted  his school to have sports day so he could shine.  Second, how many swear and moan at you at work?  1, 2, 10? Swearing at colleagues in my office is disciplinary offence, perhaps you need to do a job search.  Just to reiterate: booing players makes their confidence drop, and their performance follow suit.

In my 1st job, people used to swear and make disgusting comments to me daily, it got to the point I couldn't face getting out of bed in the morning, never mind working.

Eventually my wife persuaded me to try a different career than Tourettes counselling, I've not missed it one bit.

No, having a son who can cover 100m in less than 12 seconds, I always wanted  his school to have sports day so he could shine.  Second, how many swear and moan at you at work?  1, 2, 10? Swearing at colleagues in my office is disciplinary offence, perhaps you need to do a job search.  Just to reiterate: booing players makes their confidence drop, and their performance follow suit, it has the opposite effect of what we want, an improvement in conficence and hence performance

Boo!

Perhaps a bit harsh from some of you to single out that McClaren has cocked our season up. I think its been a collective amount of cock ups and sheer bad luck. McClaren has made mistakes (e.g. not playing a settled back four), but some of our players have to take some of the blame for our recent form, after all they’re the ones doing the work on pitch. I’m sure McClaren hasn’t coached the players to consistently gift goals to the opposition, likewise I’m sure Eric Steele hasn’t coached Grant to punch the ball into his own net and let shots pass right through him!

Not only that but the injury situation has been ridiculous. Key players like Martin, Thorne and Eustace out in key positions in our much preferred 4-3-3 formation hasn’t helped. We thought after the international break we’d have all these fantastic players back, but nope. The football gods gave us Thorne back for 15 mins. They then decided to give us a break and let us have Martin, only to take away Hughes for the next couple of games. FFS, we STILL (IMO) haven’t played our best 11 this season yet!

You could argue that McClaren is there to make it work despite loss to key players, and you’d be right. However, he isn’t a miracle worker and if you take out the vital players out of any of the teams in this division, they will struggle regardless of the quality of the manager.

As for the whole Newcastle thing effecting players? Give over. These are adults and professional championship footballers. They aren’t playing worse because Mac might not be there next season to read them a bed time story and kiss them goodnight (who has said he is going to Newcastle anyway?). I’m sure all the lads want promotion a hell of a lot more than all of us. You only have to look at Wembley last year to see how much it means to them. Their confidence is clearly shot at the min, but luckily we have 4 winnable games left to regain some of that confidence and form going into the play offs. We know that EVERY player in the squad is quality on their day, they need to show that now for the last 4, and we need give them our full support along the way.

I genuinely disagree with the part about mac leaving wont affect the form of the team. If Mac isn't going to be there next year and quite a few of the players wont be there that could unsettle the team maybe that's why they don't seem to be as together as a squad when we score these days

I genuinely disagree with the part about mac leaving wont affect the form of the team. If Mac isn't going to be there next year and quite a few of the players wont be there that could unsettle the team maybe that's why they don't seem to be as together as a squad when we score these days

​They looked together when Martin and Bent scored vs Wigan!

Archived