sick of negativity

They were totally rubbish today from front to back....and anyone who disagrees with that is on another planet. 

Therefore anyone who wants to boo and moan in my opinion is perfectly entitled to.

The defence....

keogh was dreadful-got turned inside out for the goal and shouldn't be playing there. 

Albentosa is just rubbish. 

Fozzy looked so bad there and we missed his forward play so badly. 

Warnocks crossing was woefully bad 

if that isn't enough to get you moaning then nothing is. 

Jammy point, that might prove very important come the end of the season. 

Que sera sera...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree people are entitled to boo.....just don't understand how anyone can't see that it can only have a negative effect on a teams already low level of confidence. It's times like these where the team needs more support not less. In my opinion once season is over and the last ball is kicked if you're not happy and want to boo, fine. Before then in my opinion is moronic. But then that sums up a minority of our fans perfectly!

I agree people are entitled to boo.....just don't understand how anyone can't see that it can only have a negative effect on a teams already low level of confidence. It's times like these where the team needs more support not less. In my opinion once season is over and the last ball is kicked if you're not happy and want to boo, fine. Before then in my opinion is moronic. But then that sums up a majority of our fans perfectly!

​Fixed that for you

They were totally rubbish today from front to back....and anyone who disagrees with that is on another planet. 

Therefore anyone who wants to boo and moan in my opinion is perfectly entitled to.

The defence....

keogh was dreadful-got turned inside out for the goal and shouldn't be playing there. 

Albentosa is just rubbish. 

Fozzy looked so bad there and we missed his forward play so badly. 

Warnocks crossing was woefully bad 

if that isn't enough to get you moaning then nothing is. 

Jammy point, that might prove very important come the end of the season. 

Que sera sera...

​Keogh did not get turned inside out for their goal. As a full back he had to be aware of Brentford's spare man looking for the overlap. There wasn't an awful lot wrong with showing the man inside into more defensive traffic.

I'm sorry, but boo at the end if you must, but you shouldn't boo players during a game.

Forsyth was laughably bad today, but booing him as happened 2nd half is not going to transform his form magically, Maclaren puts these boys on the pitch, the buck stops with him.

A collective groan after a bad pass I can understand.  A loud 'ffs Derby' after some bad play, I am guilty of, more than once during a match - it's all knee jerk, in the moment so as to speak.  

To actually boo, especially at half time - is more of a conscious decision, not knee jerk, and I can't find the word to explain how it appears - just rude I guess, just like abuse to individual players - no need.  My daughter came home after the match and said the abuse some lads behind her in South Stand, gave Forsyth was just disgusting. 

I'm sorry, but boo at the end if you must, but you shouldn't boo players during a game.

Forsyth was laughably bad today, but booing him as happened 2nd half is not going to transform his form magically, Maclaren puts these boys on the pitch, the buck stops with him.

​For once I agree that today it stops at Mclaren because he was asking players to do stuf that they arent capable of,

The back four showed what I feared on Monday against Wigan. A LB (who until last season had been a left midfielder) playing at CH,  A CH at right back. was always going to be shakey against a potent  strikeforce. We were lucky we didn't concede more than 1

​For once I agree that today it stops at Mclaren because he was asking players to do stuf that they arent capable of,

The back four showed what I feared on Monday against Wigan. A LB (who until last season had been a left midfielder) playing at CH,  A CH at right back. was always going to be shakey against a potent  strikeforce. We were lucky we didn't concede more than 1

​What would your back 4 have been. Shotton, Buxton and Christie were unavailable, Whitbread is just coming back. 

What did you want McClaren to do?

I would have started with Whitbread at CH - Round pegs in Round holes as much as possible. I and many others criticized Clough fr playing players out of position. SM doesn't get immunity from it either.

Yeah I thought you would say that, I agree he should have started but that is only because we both have hindsight.

Before kick off did you honestly think why is he playing this back 4? If so fair enough but I along with most people thought that bringing Whitbread back would have been too soon given he has missed the whole season apart from 8 games and a bigger risk than playing the back 4 that just kept a clean sheet.

Yeah I thought you would say that, I agree he should have started but that is only because we both have hindsight.

Before kick off did you honestly think why is he playing this back 4? If so fair enough but I along with most people thought that bringing Whitbread back would have been too soon given he has missed the whole season apart from 8 games and a bigger risk than playing the back 4 that just kept a clean sheet.

​I thought it on Monday as well. Yep they kept a clean sheet - but it was agianst one of the weakest attacks in the division. Brentford put four past their last opponents.

Thorne had missed two thirds of a season before he was brought straight back in. We have been leaking goals play defenders in their correct position. 

Its nothing to do with effort, its all to do with confidence and far too many people thought that as soon as Martin comes back we would suddenly switch back to playing our style of football and winning games. Where as I do think it was down to injuries that the bad run started, by the end of it, it was certainly really low confidence and you could see that today.

Players were unable to do the simplest things like a 5 yard pass without messing it up, thats not because they are not trying, they are not deliberately passing it out of play or to the opposition or mis-controlling the ball, they are shot of all confidence. They have stopped doing everything naturally and everything is being second guessed in their heads which leads to in decision and poor decision making. 

I'd find it very surprising if the players were actually not trying because it wouldn't make any sense from any of their personal points of views. Promotion was in their grasp, more money, the premier league etc so I really can't see why they would all suddenly think lets stop trying and stay down.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to boo at the games as you pay to go.

My feeling is that if you boo your own team then you're a ****. Everyone has the right to be a ****. I'd advise against it but that's your own right at the end of the day. 

​Keogh did not get turned inside out for their goal. As a full back he had to be aware of Brentford's spare man looking for the overlap. There wasn't an awful lot wrong with showing the man inside into more defensive traffic.

​It was Ince leaving him isolated that created the goal.

As good as Ince is going forward, his defensive side needs a lot of work. 

There are not many ways in which you can show how you feel about the team - slow handclapping and booing is all there is. Fans have paid a lot of money to watch the team and it's their right to let the players know how awful the game is. 

Would never do it myself mind. Can't understand people who go on about moaners and negativity after watching that dross this afternoon. 

We wouldn't boo if the player's put 100% into the game but when we can clearly see they are not trying their hardest,we have the right to vent our frustrations

​No you do not !!  I was at the game, it is not passion or trying their hardest that is the problem.  They are suffering from a lack of confidence at the moment and booing is going to dent their confidence even further.  

Archived