sick of negativity

Let's be honest injuries are the main reason our form has suffered. Add to that Hughes being out today and we were always going to struggle. What frustrates me are the minority who add extra pressure by moaning and even booing. It's harder to take being up top most of the season and then dropping off, than having a late surge to get into the playoffs. But ffs....stop moaning, stop the wrist slashing stop booing, stop looking for scapegoats and get behind the team. If the negativity continues we'll have absolutely no chance. That is all.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Booing is poor, and I would never boo one of our players.

That being said, we have been terrible and have lost our spark completely. I think the negativity is completely justified. We are a shadow of what we used to be and that's pretty upsetting as a fan.

Players not trying their hardest? Why on earth would they not be trying their hardest? Honestly, d'you think they don't want to win, maybe think they fancy another season in the Championship, don't really want the huge pay rises they'd get if we go up?

We were awful today but you will never convince me any of our players were not trying their hearts out either today or in the past 6 weeks.

We need some confidence from somewhere, the players looked devastated at final whistle, there is a difference between not caring and not being good enough.

Our fans confuse me at times, mclaren has not finished a full season in charge and people are asking him to go, for a rumour that as yet is unsubstantiated.  

Players not trying their hardest? Why on earth would they not be trying their hardest? Honestly, d'you think they don't want to win, maybe think they fancy another season in the Championship, don't really want the huge pay rises they'd get if we go up?

We were awful today but you will never convince me any of our players were not trying their hearts out either today or in the past 6 weeks.

Quite a few of them won't be in the championship anyway next season. That was the worry for me when we signed so many loan players as they know that they are going back to their respective clubs at the end of the season

​Well put. It's not effort that's the issue. It's a lack of confidence, structural discipline and quality. 

errrmmmmmmm mixed feeling tbh i pays my money i can moan if i want some ppl dont deal with fustration well me being one of them!

sick of other fans telling me i cant moan its wrong! whats wrong about it? we were ***** today tell me different???? what should we do when we play like we did today rejoice? ffs i dont boo but i dont fault the ppl that do they pay their money!

we need to get behind the team agreed they need to give us reason ! they get my money every year and have done for 20 years and will do until i pop my clogs! but when we are **** i will moan and at the minute thats all the time.....

Totally agree with this and think it was more a case of Brentford not giving us time on the ball and forcing us into errors. I agree that we seem to be lacking in confidence but can't fathom how anyone thinks booing will have anything but a negative effect. If you want to justify booing because you have the right to vent your frustrations then so be it. But can you not see this has no positive effect on the team whatsoever?

Have noticed there seems to be more booing when it isnt the 'regular' fans watching the game.

Where I sit there is a few rows of seats that have a different person in them each game and they are always the ones that boo and moan at the players, never the ST holders.

Thought the atmosphere was weird today, again, felt like there was a lot of people there that wouldnt normally go, like families have gone 'oh its the end of the Easter holidays, lets take the kids to a match'

Today is an example of how frustrating football can be, we have Chris Martin being told to play left wing and Craig Forsyth unable to pass the ball to a white shirt while we continue to limp towards the play offs.  I didn't boo but I must admit I was laughing with my mate over how bad Forsyth was.

No place for booing  if you're a proper fan. 

In a perverse way, I'm almost pleased that these supposed "fans" are suffering. 

It's the same for all of us but some cope with it in the right way.

All of that said, most of the last 10 games are bewildering . What's going on?

Archived