sick of negativity

So has the loanees affected the spirit? Seems the discussion is split, maybe after last season the bulk of the team were all cloughies signings with a few added in jan from SM, as this season approached, more SM signings obviously as it's now his team

one thing clough was known for was team spirit after his time at the Albion  and here, big contracts dished out for average players, ie as Bryson has shown this season

somethings changed and I don't think it's the Newcastle paper talk

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So has the loanees affected the spirit? Seems the discussion is split, maybe after last season the bulk of the team were all cloughies signings with a few added in jan from SM, as this season approached, more SM signings obviously as it's now his team

one thing clough was known for was team spirit after his time at the Albion  and here, big contracts dished out for average players, ie as Bryson has shown this season

somethings changed and I don't think it's the Newcastle paper talk

I'm not sure that ince is very popular judging by some of the body language, but without the loan players we would have been sunk long ago.

If they can't handle a bit of criticism then they don't deserve to be at this club,scrap that they shouldn't even be footballers. It shows that they are mentality weak if they start hiding when faced with criticism. The best players will use this to motivate them. Maybe this is a blessing because we will get to see which players are up for a fight and those who are mentally weak.  There is only thing that is worse than expressing your negative views and that is not expressing any views at all because the players will think they are doing something right whereas booing will let them know that we are not happy with the performance

Just saw the highlights of the game on Sky Steve is clearly very vocal at the end towards the West Stand with regards to the booing.

Pretty sure its the same area of the ground who verbally abused Keogh a few weeks ago as well. I never liked going in that stand in all honesty. Haven't been anywhere near it since Paul Jewells final game in charge against Ipswich. Terrible terrible memories.

I'm not sure that ince is very popular judging by some of the body language, but without the loan players we would have been sunk long ago.

​There seemed to be a lot of the players having a go at each other today, not what we've got used to. Looks like it's all got a little bit too much for them. Team morale is very low. Got to wonder what's happening behind the scenes.

As usual, the intelligent  and reasoned response from this poster

​I support Derby, and passions with me sometimes run high. For that, I apologise.

The fact that my opinion of you is that you are, in essence, akin to something that adheres to the sole of a shoe, possibly chewing-gum but from the ever-present aroma of methane more likely to be an effluent-based solid, the cause of revulsion as opposed to mere displeasure, is not something that I am prepared to apologise for, however.

Eloquent, intelligent and reasoned enough for you, Einstein?

Just saw the highlights of the game on Sky Steve is clearly very vocal at the end towards the West Stand with regards to the booing.

Pretty sure its the same area of the ground who verbally abused Keogh a few weeks ago as well. I never liked going in that stand in all honesty. Haven't been anywhere near it since Paul Jewells final game in charge against Ipswich. Terrible terrible memories.

I sit in the east stand, plenty of booing for Forsyth during the game and afterwards in general, it's not needed at all, they're not gladiators in a medieval arena, they're players for our club carrying our hopes, pretty sure they know when they've underperformed without us getting on their backs.

I sit in the east stand, plenty of booing for Forsyth during the game and afterwards in general, it's not needed at all, they're not gladiators in a medieval arena, they're players for our club carrying our hopes, pretty sure they know when they've underperformed without us getting on their backs.

​I agree its not needed at all. You shouldnt boo your own players simple as. Shout and moan okay I can understand that people get frustrated but booing just isnt helpful.

Just watched the game again on Sky this time and the booing of Forsyth in the second half is very audible. 

The crowd did this to Dawks 'til his confidence was shot, tried to do it to Keogh (who gave it some back), then they attacked Christie and now it's Forsyth's turn. 

If you want to know why this team has no confidence you haven't got to look far.

I might pop on with a longer post later on to talk about the performance which was a long way from the Derby I got used to watching. I can't believe what I've seen happen over the last few weeks, but that's by the by.

I thought it was absolutely disgraceful that there was booing at the end of the game when Bent had just snatched a stoppage time equaliser to get a point that could be absolutely vital at the end of the 46 games.

Terrible reaction and really poor fans showing a total lack of understanding of the situation.

That point kept Derby in the play off positions and with Tuesday to come means they won't drop out of it then either. A huge huge point.

I notice McClaren at the end was gutted by the reaction, I'd be surprised if the players didn't feel the same way.

FFS, it's a promotion chasing season whatever happens over the coming few games, I understand the autos have been thrown away but it's still a promotion chasing season and it doesn't get much better than that as a football fan.

Fickle feckers.

​The booing is at something that is a lot deeper within the club than a poor performance. 

SM is clearly leaving and the way that it has been handled has clearly affected the players and IMO cost us a real shot at automatic promotion. THAT is what the fans are booing at, and they have every ******* right to. 

Well, no Troy, Brentford played knowing that their manager is off regardless....has that affected them? err, yes - positively it has........

Unfortunately Forsyth playing at centre back put us under a lot of pressure, I do not condone booing but Steve has to realise that he needs to be rested. The amount of chances he gifts to the opposition due to a simple pass is ridiculous and being played there means the misplaced passes are in the centre of the field which allows them to run directly at our defence.
Did not deserve a point whatsoever but its about time we had a last minute goal isn't it?

​I support Derby, and passions with me sometimes run high. For that, I apologise.

The fact that my opinion of you is that you are, in essence, akin to something that adheres to the sole of a shoe, possibly chewing-gum but from the ever-present aroma of methane more likely to be an effluent-based solid, the cause of revulsion as opposed to mere displeasure, is not something that I am prepared to apologise for, however.

Eloquent, intelligent and reasoned enough for you, Einstein?

Glad to see that you're now walking upright. Wow you've actually used some words with more than five letters - you've obviously been busy with the thesaurus and dictionary. Congrats. And how did you know my surname?

If the players thought the manager was off at the end of the season and quite a few of them would be off to the prem or bk to their parent clubs that's the sort of performance id expect.

the difference with Brentford is that Warburton didn't want to leave he just can't work with the chairman so the players are still committed to a manager that hasn't used them as a stepping stone twice
a

​The booing is at something that is a lot deeper within the club than a poor performance. 

SM is clearly leaving and the way that it has been handled has clearly affected the players and IMO cost us a real shot at automatic promotion. THAT is what the fans are booing at, and they have every ******* right to. 

​Troy, IF Mac goes at the end of this season, then you can be fairly sure I'll be one of the first on here giving him all kinds of stick, it was Derby who took him off the scrapheap (at the expense of someone I've got a lot of positive feelings towards) and I do think he STILL owes Derby and should stick around to repay his debts.

So far he's achieved nowt other than spending about 5m quid a season more than the last fella did.

In addition to that, I'm probably one of the few on here who thinks it is Mac who has screwed things up, I think he's buckled under the pressure, I think he's tried to shoehorn his signings into the team and I think his signings have been (on the whole) no better than what was already here.

But honestly all of that is irrelevant at the moment, there were 5 games to go today and ALL that the fans have to do is to stay behind the side, now more than ever. For the players, screw the manager if you want, but the players need the fans to help get them over the line.

In addition to that mate, how can you be 100% sure he's off? I find it really difficult to believe that the guy you've ALL been holding up as an angel, as the messiah, the saviour of the club, the best coach in the world, could even contemplate shitting on Derby after all they've done for him.

4 games to go bonnie lad, keep cheering until you're up, keep cheering until you're at Wembley or keep cheering until you're out of contention. Don't YOU lot chuck in the towel now.

I can't understand why people suddenly started to critisize Forsyth. He is playing ilke he always does. Pretty solid in defence ans horrible distribution has been his game all the time. As a CB he is even more liability, but he has suprised me with his good positional awareness.

But that's what it looks like if you have CB with poor distripution skills who is targeted and highly pressured by the opposition. Nothing more or less than expected.

I can't understand why people suddenly started to critisize Forsyth. He is playing ilke he always does. Pretty solid in defence ans horrible distribution has been his game all the time. As a CB he is even more liability, but he has suprised me with his good positional awareness.

But that's what it looks like if you have CB with poor distripution skills who is targeted and highly pressured by the opposition. Nothing more or less than expected.

​Agree with this, he's a very solid defender 1v1 and positionally and probably also the best crosser in the side. His attacking instincts seem to have been tempered somewhat this season so we're not seeing the best of him going forward and therefore there's not as many positives to gloss over what he can't do.

And what he can't do is pick out a pass under any pressure, which is a huge problem when playing in defence without a proper DM or a ball player next to him to take the ball so his weaknesses are being highlighted now more than ever. So I guess I do understand why he's getting more stick at the moment.

Archived