sick of negativity

We wouldn't boo if the player's put 100% into the game but when we can clearly see they are not trying their hardest,we have the right to vent our frustrations

​No you do not !!  I was at the game, it is not passion or trying their hardest that is the problem.  They are suffering from a lack of confidence at the moment and booing is going to dent their confidence even further.  

errrmmmmmmm mixed feeling tbh i pays my money i can moan if i want some ppl dont deal with fustration well me being one of them!

sick of other fans telling me i cant moan its wrong! whats wrong about it? we were ***** today tell me different???? what should we do when we play like we did today rejoice? ffs i dont boo but i dont fault the ppl that do they pay their money!

we need to get behind the team agreed they need to give us reason ! they get my money every year and have done for 20 years and will do until i pop my clogs! but when we are **** i will moan and at the minute thats all the time.....

​Try doing your job with people booing and swearing at you, I'd wager your job performance would go down not up

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its nothing to do with effort, its all to do with confidence and far too many people thought that as soon as Martin comes back we would suddenly switch back to playing our style of football and winning games. Where as I do think it was down to injuries that the bad run started, by the end of it, it was certainly really low confidence and you could see that today.

Players were unable to do the simplest things like a 5 yard pass without messing it up, thats not because they are not trying, they are not deliberately passing it out of play or to the opposition or mis-controlling the ball, they are shot of all confidence. They have stopped doing everything naturally and everything is being second guessed in their heads which leads to in decision and poor decision making. 

I'd find it very surprising if the players were actually not trying because it wouldn't make any sense from any of their personal points of views. Promotion was in their grasp, more money, the premier league etc so I really can't see why they would all suddenly think lets stop trying and stay down.

​Could not agree more.  The difference between now and 6 weeks ago is confidence plain and simple which is why the ****** who boo, are making the situation worse not better and are not true rams fans. 

We wouldn't boo if the player's put 100% into the game but when we can clearly see they are not trying their hardest,we have the right to vent our frustrations

​I take it from this that you booed them then?

I don't think it's negative to hope two full international midfielders should be able to navigate a game without a teenage boy holding their hands.

The problem Hendrick and Bryson had though was that Brentford played 451 with Gray up front and 2 wide leaving a 3 vs 2 in the middle for Bryson and Hendrick to deal with.

I agree they were very poor and did not play well but it was tough for them today being outnumbered. Its not like Chris Martin was going to drop in and do some pressing. You are right though Hughes would have found a way to deal with the situation they didn't.

There are not many ways in which you can show how you feel about the team - slow handclapping and booing is all there is. Fans have paid a lot of money to watch the team and it's their right to let the players know how awful the game is. 

Would never do it myself mind. Can't understand people who go on about moaners and negativity after watching that dross this afternoon. 

They can always feck off to Forest, and do us proper fans a favour.

That was always the way Brentford were going to set up, so maybe it's the managers fault, just would like to see senior players, and that's what they both are, take some responsibility for performances, far too often they, and others tbf seem to hide, always leaving the job to others, today we needed players to get the game by the scruff of the neck and boss it, neither did and we were mighty lucky to claim a point.

Oh right, so it's Ince and Bent not trying their hardest? Yea that probably figures, the two guys scoring the bulk of our goals since arriving I'm not sure how I didn't see it.

​Spot on.

I also think it goes deeper than that. In interviews and their body language on the pitch, you can see they've really bought into the mentality at the club and want us to succeed as badly as permanent members of the squad.

There are the same blinkered views that there were under Clough.

Every thing is fine. Just down to injuries... If only it was. 

​Our system is built around a holding midfield anchoring defence and midfield and a singular forward who acts as a target man bringing midfielders into play further up the pitch.

When we lose every single player capable of playing in either of these positions to injury, it's obviously going to affect the effectiveness of our play, especially considering the players then have to adapt to new formations and recently, new positions.

With Thorne's injury apparently appearing less severe than anticipated and Martin returning to match fitness, coupled with a relatively easy run of remaining games, I think heading into the last few games of the season and hopefully play-offs, we'll start to see the team return to the form we expect to see.

A positive in my opinion is that none of the players hid, regardless of how bad the play was. An example being Forsyth, he knows as well as any that he didn't play well today, but he kept trying and to those who say the lads don't try their best or in some cases say they don't try at all...I really have no words.

A positive in my opinion is that none of the players hid, regardless of how bad the play was. An example being Forsyth, he knows as well as any that he didn't play well today, but he kept trying and to those who say the lads don't try their best or in some cases say they don't try at all...I really have no words.

​I'd disagree with this, plenty of players were hiding.

Did you see the throw ins when nobody was moving to receive the ball? - must have happened 5 or 6 times.

Its easy to hide if yr clever without anyone really noticing, it also happens subconsciously if your lacking confidence, you just don't show for the ball

To critisize Bent or Ince is pure ******.

Ince was propably our hardest worker today and got his reward in the end. And Ince looks more threat than any other player. Actually, I wish all our permanent players were as crap as those two.

I might pop on with a longer post later on to talk about the performance which was a long way from the Derby I got used to watching. I can't believe what I've seen happen over the last few weeks, but that's by the by.

I thought it was absolutely disgraceful that there was booing at the end of the game when Bent had just snatched a stoppage time equaliser to get a point that could be absolutely vital at the end of the 46 games.

Terrible reaction and really poor fans showing a total lack of understanding of the situation.

That point kept Derby in the play off positions and with Tuesday to come means they won't drop out of it then either. A huge huge point.

I notice McClaren at the end was gutted by the reaction, I'd be surprised if the players didn't feel the same way.

FFS, it's a promotion chasing season whatever happens over the coming few games, I understand the autos have been thrown away but it's still a promotion chasing season and it doesn't get much better than that as a football fan.

Fickle feckers.

I don't think booing helps but if you feel you need to do it then you have paid ur money.

anyone who thinks that the McLaren leaving situation isn't affecting the team is sadly deluded. I know some of u don't like it cos its currently just a rumour but look at the performance today, its like midtable end of season nowt to play for performance. I'm not happy.

I don't think booing helps but if you feel you need to do it then you have paid ur money.

anyone who thinks that the McLaren leaving situation isn't affecting the team is sadly deluded. I know some of u don't like it cos its currently just a rumour but look at the performance today, its like midtable end of season nowt to play for performance. I'm not happy.

Why would it affect the players?

They can always feck off to Forest, and do us proper fans a favour.

As usual, the intelligent  and reasoned response from this poster

​No you do not !!  I was at the game, it is not passion or trying their hardest that is the problem.  They are suffering from a lack of confidence at the moment and booing is going to dent their confidence even further.  

They deserve to know when they are playing awful. They didn't even try and attempt through balls.

Archived