Most moronic celebrity (and fame grabbers)

davenportram

Okay we've all read stories and thought wtf. Well here's a thread for those that just beggar belief.

first up is the vile Katy Hopkins, who just seems to make comments to be controversial

Robbie Savage and Katie Hopkins clash over dementia "bed blockers" comment

derbytelegraph.co.uk  

Former Derby County star Robbie Savage and reality TV star Katie Hopkins have clashed over comments made about dementia.

Celebrity Big Brother contestant Katie Hopkins described people with dementia as 'bed blockers'.

His father Colin died of dementia when he was 63 years old.

Savage, who is an ambassador for the Alzheimer's Society, said her comments had both him and his mum in tears.

In a phone-in with Phil Williams on BBC Radio 5 live Savage accused the Celebrity Big Brother finalist of making "stupid naive comments".

Match of the Day pundit Savage said: "I spoke to my mother, my mother's in tears. I've been in tears tonight because I lost my hero, my father from a disease which people know nothing about. Going on Twitter to vent some stupid naive comment beggars belief. I'm mortified."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Katy Hopkins died tomorrow, I would dance on her grave, even if she was buried at sea. She is a complete and utter kundt who would improve the world 100% by leaving it.

Probably the most irrelevant woman on Planet Earth. What beggars belief is that people give her any attention. That's why she does it. As a human she actually brings nothing to society so she needs to say horrible things to get a reaction and gain attention. 

Kick her in the **** and be done with her. 

i will tell you really gets on my left tit, Dominic Littlewood, that little poison dwarf is on every program known to man, I don't know if anybody can remember what his first appearance on tv was ? well believe it or not he was on the BBC watchdog about clocking cars, the cheeky fecker goes around catching tradesman for wrongdoing and he is has bent as a nine bob note.argghhhhh

Not sure I disagree with her in truth, perhaps other than her choice of wording - but that's what you get when Twitterers lead their life expressing important matters in 140 characters or less.  Over 3 tweets she said:-

"Dementia sufferers should not be blocking beds".

"What is the point of life when you no longer know you are living it? Bang me over the head. The day I am diagnosed with dementia is the day I book my ticket to Dignitas.

"Ultimately, if your family member is in hospital with dementia because you are not caring for them - you have no right to be outraged."

She was talking about hospital beds - she is right, dementia sufferers should not be blocking those essential beds.

I am the same as her too that if I were to get acute dementia I would not want to live either; what is the point?

Anybody who believes in family cannot disagree with point 3 either - caring is not about the old looking after the young, it is also about the young looking after the old.

I think she often makes a lot of valid points. Certainly more than Robbie Savage.

My nomination goes to Joey Essex, who appears to have forged a career out of saying stupid things. I really try not to take any notice of him at all but last week, there was an item on 5Live, where he'd interviewed Nick Clegg and said that he thought the party was called the Liberal Democats amongst other daft comments.

I suspect he isn't as stupid as he makes out but that he has a clever agent/manager.

My nomination goes to Joey Essex, who appears to have forged a career out of saying stupid things. I really try not to take any notice of him at all but last week, there was an item on 5Live, where he'd interviewed Nick Clegg and said that he thought the party was called the Liberal Democats amongst other daft comments.

I suspect he isn't as stupid as he makes out but that he has a clever agent/manager.

Not sure I disagree with her in truth, perhaps other than her choice of wording - but that's what you get when Twitterers lead their life expressing important matters in 140 characters or less.  Over 3 tweets she said:-

"What is the point of life when you no longer know you are living it? Bang me over the head. The day I am diagnosed with dementia is the day I book my ticket to Dignitas.

"Ultimately, if your family member is in hospital with dementia because you are not caring for them - you have no right to be outraged."

She was talking about hospital beds - she is right, dementia sufferers should not be blocking those essential beds.

I am the same as her too that if I were to get acute dementia I would not want to live either; what is the point?

Anybody who believes in family cannot disagree with point 3 either - caring is not about the old looking after the young, it is also about the young looking after the old.

I think she often makes a lot of valid points.

Certainly more than Robbie Savage.

I think she often makes a lot of valid points. Certainly more than Robbie Savage.

not every family is in the position to give up work to care full time for a relative. dementia requires full time care.

dementia is an illness and can be treated why should they be refused care. should cancer patients be labeled bed blockers too?

I realize that as it has been in my family too. The dementia patients that Hopkins is talking about are those in the final stages that need round the clock care. Why should they be refused that care?

Living wills will become more common in future and would make an enormous saving on the NHS budget.

But....she uses crass language about an emotive subject and slags off families who are going through a tortuous process.

She's a fookin idiot who thrives on the oxygen this thread is giving her.

1 - not every family is in the position to give up work to care full time for a relative. dementia requires full time care.

2 - dementia is an illness and can be treated why should they be refused care. should cancer patients be labeled bed blockers too?

Blimey buddy - twist the argument.  Many more "family" in this country could do a lot more to help ageing and I'll parents. A lot lot more.

I never, and nor did Hopkins as far as I can tell, advocate refusal of care. As Lester says below Dementia patients do not need to be in hospital, blocking beds, to get care. In fact that is probably the worst place for them.

Comparing dementia with cancer shows a level of ignorance well beyond that displayed initially by Hopkins.

Archived