Most moronic celebrity (and fame grabbers)

davenportram

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how so? Dementia patients in the final stages require round the clock care as do cancer patients.

I know that families can do more, and my family has itself done so. But to call them bed blockers is ludicrous. If they require care and the only avenue is in hospital why label them?

For the record, I am not over keen on 'celebrities' who are allowed on our tv to show us how cack they are at singing, dancing, skiing, skating, surviving, dating, baking, etc., just because they are so cack nowadays at their original job.

Dav. Dementia is a very personal matter to you - I fortunately have no family experience. Cancer I know more about having lost 2, and with my wife's cousin just about hanging on now at 46.

If one of my nearest and dearest had final stages dementia, I would not want them in a hospital bed/ward. I would want them at worst in a care home with regular and caring nursing attention, and the interaction of others. 

If one of my nearest and dearest had final stages Cancer, I would want them in a hospital bed, ideally a private ward, and be treated by the heavy cocktail of drugs and round the clock MEDICAL attention that would be required. 

yes some of the care homes are not very good, my mum was in a locked room covered in ants when I visited, she was highly stressed and social services were not bothered one bit, we have lost the ability to care for our elders as stated above, I remember when she passed the carers were more bothered about buying her tv/dvd combo we bought her.

Can't see how people can comment on dementia if they've never experienced it first hand, themselves.

Try it. Then come back and have your say, until then you have no idea what the end can be like, when no amount of medicine can help and sufferers can't even communicate that they're in pain. The fact that they have to be in hospital isn't theirs, or their families fault. The nursing home where I used to work sometimes had to send dementia suffering clients into hospital for treatment, that practice was quite common, sometimes they came back, sometimes they didn't. But the right to a hospital bed they quite rightly had. 

For her to say what she has is just like sage says, crass, just like she is. 

I hate her but in a lot of cases she says things most of us want to say but wouldn't dare come out with if that makes sense.

Still she has made a career from attention which everyone gives her and she loves it.. End of the day she's a no one making bad comments to be successful now that is ludicrous.

I hate her but in a lot of cases she says things most of us want to say but wouldn't dare come out with if that makes sense.

Still she has made a career from attention which everyone gives her and she loves it.. End of the day she's a no one making bad comments to be successful now that is ludicrous.

Can't see how people can comment on dementia if they've never experienced it first hand, themselves.

Try it. Then come back and have your say, until then you have no idea what the end can be like, when no amount of medicine can help and sufferers can't even communicate that they're in pain. The fact that they have to be in hospital isn't theirs, or their families fault. The nursing home where I used to work sometimes had to send dementia suffering clients into hospital for treatment, that practice was quite common, sometimes they came back, sometimes they didn't. But the right to a hospital bed they quite rightly had. 

She doesn't actually believe what she's saying. Remember when she said that she didn't like geographical names for children, then it was revealed that her daughter's name is India. It's all an act, and a pretty poor one as well. Twitter falls for it every time though which is far more annoying than her herself. 

She's just a wum. Ignore her and eventually, she will disappear. 

I at least agree with one part of her statement. My number one fear is dementia. It is a dreadful affliction. I couldn't get plane tickets to Switzerland fast enough if I was diagnosed with it.

Instead of keeping ill patents out of hospital and ranking which illness deserves a bed more than the other, if we are so short of beds it's time to create more and put more money into the NHS. 

Scrap student loans, higher tax rate on fags, junk food....leave alcohol alone tho! Reduce foreign aid, take one of Milibands kitchens off him, scrap TV licence tell the BBC to do one and use that as a NHS tax as you put it with the rest of the money I just generated.

Sorted.

Now I've sorted the NHS out, all celebrities are fame grabbers are they not? Isn't that what they live for, getting on the front page of OK magazine, selling rights to weddings, first baby photos and all that jazz?

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt here and just say that it is a disgrace that we even have to talk about 'bed blockers'. It's nothing short of a tragedy that there is a bed shortage.

But more than that, it's a fair point to make even if I personally disagree. If we slam every outspoken opinion as "vile" and "moronic" then how the hell can we call ourselves a progressive society? This stuff has to be discussed, whether you like it or not. We can't put our fingers in our ears and pretend there isn't a bed shortage can we? Something has to be done. For me, Hopkins is wrong here. But something has to be done and we won't find that solution until we entertain the unfashionable and radical ideas from outside the box as well as the ideas that fit with the 'conventions'. My favourite quote is coming out again:

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Socrates

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt here and just say that it is a disgrace that we even have to talk about 'bed blockers'. It's nothing short of a tragedy that there is a bed shortage.

But more than that, it's a fair point to make even if I personally disagree. If we slam every outspoken opinion as "vile" and "moronic" then how the hell can we call ourselves a progressive society? This stuff has to be discussed, whether you like it or not. We can't put our fingers in our ears and pretend there isn't a bed shortage can we? Something has to be done. For me, Hopkins is wrong here. But something has to be done and we won't find that solution until we entertain the unfashionable and radical ideas from outside the box as well as the ideas that fit with the 'conventions'. My favourite quote is coming out again:

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Socrates

Is it not possible to talk about and raise concerns on NHS bed shortages without calling dementia patients bed blockers?

I would say yes.

Archived