Bent AND Martin on Saturday?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to see this ages ago. Without Hughes now this is the only way to play or start a game because I don't think we have any ball players in the team. I really feel like Hendrick and Bryson need to up their games, they only showed what they are capable off in flashes this season.

He's the George Thorne of the U21s, impeccable passing and ball control, gets himself forward a lot but has the presence of mind to stay back when he's needed. If I'm honest I don't think much to him as a tackler but his positioning is great and as long as he can just block off the avenues he doesn't need to be the one to rob the ball. Interception or a forced error is just as good, if not better, than a last ditch tackle. He normally has Guy and Bunjaku in front of him in a 4-3-3 and they're given the freedom to push right forward knowing that he's behind. 

He's the George Thorne of the U21s, impeccable passing and ball control, gets himself forward a lot but has the presence of mind to stay back when he's needed. If I'm honest I don't think much to him as a tackler but his positioning is great and as long as he can just block off the avenues he doesn't need to be the one to rob the ball. Interception or a forced error is just as good, if not better, than a last ditch tackle. He normally has Guy and Bunjaku in front of him in a 4-3-3 and they're given the freedom to push right forward knowing that he's behind. 

I am staggered that no one has realised just how important the element of surprise can be in football. Brentford will be expecting Bent, Martin, or both to start. 

I say don't start either. Infact, don't even have them in the squad. That'll show em. 

Archived