England v Lithuania

Day

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Rob Green (Queens Park Rangers), Jack Butland (Stoke City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur). 

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Theo Walcott (Arsenal). 

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

What would your team be and predictions?

*Don't care about England? not the topic for you

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hart

Clyne  Cahill  Jagielka  Baines

Carrick

Henderson    Barkley

Rooney        Sturridge

Kane

Should be a routine 3-0 win.

For me Kane has to start. I was a little confused by Leighton Baines inclusion at the expense of Ryan Bertrand, particularly as Everton are defending so poorly this season. Same could be said of Jagielka (even though I think he will start)

So Hart, Clyne, Cahill, Jagielka, Rose, Henderson, Carrick, Lallana, Sterling, Rooney, Kane.

3-1 win. We always seem to concede a stupid goal. 

With England's group being straight forward as you can get on paper, be interested to see how Kane et al get on v Italy.

The first time ever I think the friendlies are really vital for England as they are not going to come up against a tougher side until Euro 2016.

I can confirm that I am going and I think the score gonna be 4-1 England Rooney x2 Kane and Welbeck. Then onto Italy away in Turin. I'm taking my flag.

Such a mixed squad, alot of injuries dictating choices though.

How does Rose get in ahead of Bertrand?

Seriously weak in the centre of midfield, Hodgson clearly likes to play a 4-3-3. What do we go with?

Carrick

Hendo     ???

Wilshere the obvious choice, but hes injured.

Milner? Hard worker, lacks the creativity. 

Barkley? Not having a great season, would suit a free attacking midfield role

Delph? Bit inexperianced and an average player

Mason? Still young and has shown some good technical ability, hard worker as well. Not sure how good he really is

Lallana? Similar to Barkley, not really his position but could make it work - INJURED

Shelvey? - Surprised he continues to get overlooked, been playing well for Swansea and could make the step up

Colback? - Very average player

Cleverly? Never made the improvement expected of him

Front three wise, I'd probably go

Welbeck - Rooney - Sterling

Seeing as there is no Sturridge once again, try and give Kane a run out against Lithuania.

Archived